Singapore Expats

my husband's student pass rejected 3 times.....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sailornaraa

my husband's student pass rejected 3 times.....

Post by sailornaraa » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 9:08 pm

me and my husband came to study in Singapore. actually we came before the approval letter sent us. my approval letter came first and my husband's status was rejected. so his college had sent his application to ICA. so it was rejected again. so we went to Malaysia for extension his social visit. so today when we checked his status that was rejected again. so he has to do back home and he'll leave today at night. his college told us, if it'll be reject again, they'll send his application to ICA again. but his college anything about the rejection reason. how many times we can submit application to ICA?
we really want to study in here and decided to come. my husband will take LLM in NUS Aug, 2011. so he needs study law in english, so he admitted in law college. but his application rejected. :( what should i do

please give me advice, please
me love

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 9:12 pm

i am sorry, i also forgotten something. my husband was student in Singapore 7 years ago. after that he studied in Russia for Law. is it reason of that he was holded student pass in Singaore?
me love

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: my husband's student pass rejected 3 times.....

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:54 pm

sailornaraa wrote: my husband will take LLM in NUS Aug, 2011.
For the course to start in Aug 2011 why is he applying for student pass now? Should it be applied close to the date of the starting date of the course?

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:43 am

this student pass for other college course. because u know Uk and other commonwealth countries have same law and structure of law. so russia and my countries also so much different. Taking master in different country so hard, then last august he applied in college for diploma in law. we thought this course will help to know about the these countries law. the course was started 6th september. but we already paid our tuitition and everything.
me love

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:49 am

sailornaraa wrote:this student pass for other college course. because u know Uk and other commonwealth countries have same law and structure of law. so russia and my countries also so much different. Taking master in different country so hard, then last august he applied in college for diploma in law. we thought this course will help to know about the these countries law. the course was started 6th september. but we already paid our tuitition and everything.
Can you tell clearly what is the course for which his student pass was rejected?

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 5:10 pm

Diploma in law

i just have thought, maybe reason is that he has already got his bachelor degree in law then now he's taking preparatory course in Singapore. so maybe the ICA confussed. reason of his studying in diploma in law is learn the law in english and having knowledge of Singapore law. or maybe student who is from other countries can not study for law in sinngapore?
me love

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 4:37 am

OP

If I may assist, please clarify as your posting is confusing as hell.

1. Your hubby has already LLB in Russia?

2. Now studying Diploma of Law in college ? Where ? NUS ? or private?

3. Next year taking up LLM in NUS . yes ?

4. Now applying student visa for diploma in college ? yes ?

5. Are you doing the same thing with hubby ?

ms
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 1:53 pm

1. yes
2.in private college
3. yes
4. yes
5. i am in diploma in healthcare management
me love

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 4:49 am

sailornaraa wrote:1. yes
2.in private college
3. yes
4. yes
5. i am in diploma in healthcare management
I hazard to guess but this is my assumption.
The private college that your hubby study is not under the MOM list. Or never had overseas student before.
Check if it is recognized by MOE and NUS if he takes up this diploma.
Show proof of sustainability while doing this course to ICA like saving. ICA may wants to know how are you going to survive in SG.
If you know of any SGer or SPR holder who can be your sponsor that will be better.
Reappeal your student pass once again personally if the college fails to do it.
What about yourself? You had your student pass?
You are studying is healthcare management in a private school or otherwise?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 5:21 pm

this college has foreign students too. also its edutrust college.
yesterday they called me, then said come and get your payment. but they didnt tell that why ICA rejected?

u know, its so hard to me. we just came here to study.
if we apply to another college, is it ok?
because TMC academy and ITC school of law has also diploma course.
also Johor bahru has also this course. so he can come to me Fridays.

or maybe we should try to apply again?

i have student pass. i am studying at parkway college.
me love

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 6:29 pm

his college was stansfield college, school of law. but this college is edutrust. but PTE website only shows school of BA and not law school.

if we apply to ITC is it ok? is it good?

ITC School of Laws Pte Ltd is a registered school under the Singapore Ministry of Education since 1968 and has a long history of academic excellence with particular emphasis and strength in the University of London International Programmes.

also they have diploma in law, LL.B, post-graduate certificate in law, post-graduate diploma in law, masters of law.
me love

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 1:22 am

Why don't you check with other colleges if they are able to get your hubby student pass easier and faster . Compare both then decide.

I do not know both colleges hence I am not able to comment. What I do know is unless it is approved MOE / MOM list , the chances are quite limited

Good Luck

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 3:22 am

thank you for your comments.

i have one question again.
when we filling the application, in spouse part, we just wrote our names and choose the none on Residential Status in Singapore part. so he didnt write my FIN.
it can be cause?

me love

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 8:27 am

You should provide as much info to them as possible. It is better this way as they can correlate hubby existence and yours in Singapore

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 8:07 pm

i found the rejection cause. i asked my from relativw who works as education counselor. so she said because my hubby graduated from university which is under ministry of infernal affairs of russia n federation. so in work experience part, he filled with he worked as a inquisitor (investigator) in police in my country. especially asian countries dont like give visa for study in law who is like police, investigator or lawyer. they think like visa applicator might be spy or something.
but its the only guess.

but he interests in just diploma in law course.

but i graduated as a doctor. so i am also taking diploma course here.

we are not to come here for work. only improve our english language.
me love