Singapore Expats

July/August 2011 South Korea For Rhinoplasty

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
minutemaid

July/August 2011 South Korea For Rhinoplasty

Post by minutemaid » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 8:13 pm

I had my primary rhinoplasty done in 2007, let me just tell you it was horrible! The doc. inserted a big implant when i told him all i want is to reduce the size and i dont need height. I was so un happy after the surgery and after 2 week my face still look like balloon and i can really feel strange. I went back to the same doc and requested him to remove it immediately. He said he can only remove it after atleast 3 weeks. So I did remove the implant after that. After 4-6 months ( i think) I went and see the same doc. and told him im not happy with my nose as i have paid but see no result so he is willing to do second surgery, to remove extra tissue from my nose hence to reduced the size and to move my columella forward, to make it look as if i have columella.

And now after 3 years... my nose is uglier than before. my columella moved backward after less than a year and i have thick scar to replace the appearance of the columella! Again i decided to see the same doctor...and he gave me an injection so to reduce the scar. 3 times and the scar is still here and still haunting me! the nurse and assistant are far from being nice. they show faces whenever i came and visited the doc.
The removal of the excess tissue also makes my nose look unbalance.

i do not know if revision rhino can also help with the scar or will it make it worst? can anybody share about their experience. thanks

i thought of doing my revision in Korea or Taiwan. Still doing my research on which doc to choose from. Suggestion?

Im planning to next year end July/ early August. I hope that will be last PS and that will give me a better appearance. Anybody want to tag along that will be great!

minutemaid

Post by minutemaid » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:00 am

i emailed few docs d. so far only doctor jung replied. well atleast his manager replied on behalf of him. he quoted me a bombastic price!! my my...still hoping Dr.lee from vip will reply me.

discostix

Post by discostix » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:18 am

Hey I might be able to join you. Rhino also. But July/aug is still far away!

minutemaid

Post by minutemaid » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 8:40 pm

discostix wrote:Hey I might be able to join you. Rhino also. But July/aug is still far away!

hi really!!?? thats great. i know july is too far away... but i want to make sure i am super ready and yes... im going to quit my job in july! new nose new me new job! haha

ive been emailing doc from taiwan also... i think dr. kao is really professional as compared to other doctors i emailed. though he is pricey... he quoted me 160k to 180k NTD, i felt like all my questions are answered.

the price is almost the same as what quoted by BK clinic and shimmian.

was just hoping thay they will give discount. anybody before requested for discount from their doc? from Dr. Kao? and what was their response like?

thanks

discostix

Post by discostix » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 6:50 pm

heheh i havent done any research yet! was planning to confirm only mid next year... hopefully i can make it and go along with you! haha. hmm i dont mind dr kao too, heard he's good! have you considered dr jung in korea?

minutemaid

Post by minutemaid » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 8:23 pm

discostix wrote:heheh i havent done any research yet! was planning to confirm only mid next year... hopefully i can make it and go along with you! haha. hmm i dont mind dr kao too, heard he's good! have you considered dr jung in korea?
yea i have emailed him, his manager replied me.. however i was not really happy with the answers given. its too brief and not informative at all. I have also receive answers from Dr.Lee from Vip, his manager replied and I think I answer is also as good as Dr. Kao. He even suggested me to do noble surgery. (will google about it later)...and he is not cheap either at all. Mine was quoted as high as USD8k for revision alone.

Im not too sure if Dr. Lee is a qualified ENT but Dr Kao is a qualified ENT, for that he will still be my first choice. However... Dr. Lee provide free stay and airport pick up. Really need to do my calculation..!!

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular

Post by bbabymilo » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:53 pm

Hi~ When you told your surgeon that you have paid him for surgery and felt unsatisfied about the result, did you remove the implant from your nose for free?
Did you have to pay for the injection/revision surgery with him?

I am going back for a revision who is my first surgeon. He did not produce the result which I have carefully and specifically discussed with him.

I am wondering if surgeons who have fail to achieve patient's needs will have to charge patient revision fee for their mistake?

minutemaid

Post by minutemaid » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:05 pm

bbabymilo wrote:Hi~ When you told your surgeon that you have paid him for surgery and felt unsatisfied about the result, did you remove the implant from your nose for free?
Did you have to pay for the injection/revision surgery with him?

I am going back for a revision who is my first surgeon. He did not produce the result which I have carefully and specifically discussed with him.

I am wondering if surgeons who have fail to achieve patient's needs will have to charge patient revision fee for their mistake?

Hi,

It really depends on what you have discussed with the surgeon previously. For me, the surgeon did say he will remove it if i dont like the implant. but dint mention whether i should pay extra or not. however after he cried non stop in his clinic...i guessed he had no choice but to remove it for free.

But ofcourse the nurse will treat you terribly, as if you are owing them money. but i dont care! i plan to go back to the same doctor and request for my money or i will post my photos online and put his name. because it was all his fault when he moved my columellar forward. he should know that will make more obvious scar.

I think you should consult your surgeon again and tell him that you were not satisfied with the result and this is not what you have expected it to be. good luck

evelicious

Post by evelicious » Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:41 pm

hi, which one would u suggest i go to:
bk dong yang, shimmian, oz cosmetic clinic or banobagi?

all of the above are in korea. please give me info. has anybody done their rhino in any of the above clinics? thanks!

al_sg

rhinoplasty at sg??

Post by al_sg » Mon, 10 Jan 2011 6:16 pm

hi, guys, why all of you are going abroad for rhinoplasty ?? my friend has done at SG w doctor Leslie Kuek and can say he is quite good...

al_sg

Re: July/August 2011 South Korea For Rhinoplasty

Post by al_sg » Mon, 10 Jan 2011 6:19 pm

! Again i decided to see the same doctor...and he gave me an injection so to reduce the scar. 3 times and the scar is still here and still haunting me! the nurse and assistant are far from being nice. they show faces whenever i came and visited the doc.
The removal of the excess tissue also makes my nose look unbalance.

May i know who is the surgeon that you have done first rhino?! is it in SG?
thks..

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular

Post by ahappycamper » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 6:26 am

evelicious wrote:hi, which one would u suggest i go to:
bk dong yang, shimmian, oz cosmetic clinic or banobagi?

all of the above are in korea. please give me info. has anybody done their rhino in any of the above clinics? thanks!
did my rhino at banobagi and i am happy with it so far.
My second choice would've been BK.

superdude

Post by superdude » Sat, 15 Jan 2011 1:21 am

http://forum.purseblog.com/health-and-f ... 79-28.html

there r oready professors, experts, and test subjects at the above forum been discussed. lol

well, for me: if ur going for goretex, dr jung , for RIB; dr lee from vip.

anyone who had done pls share experiences. cheers!

bimboness

Post by bimboness » Sun, 06 Mar 2011 1:05 am

superdude wrote:http://forum.purseblog.com/health-and-f ... 79-28.html

there r oready professors, experts, and test subjects at the above forum been discussed. lol

i did mine at shimmian (today is post op day 9).
you can read about my experience under the thread 'nose job with dr jung' that i have started if you are interested :)

joyfuller

Post by joyfuller » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 6:32 pm

bimboness wrote:
superdude wrote:http://forum.purseblog.com/health-and-f ... 79-28.html

i did mine at shimmian (today is post op day 9).
you can read about my experience under the thread 'nose job with dr jung' that i have started if you are interested :)
Hi Bimboness, How's the surgery with Dr Jung(Shimmian)?
I am planning to do my revision rhinoplasty with him. He quoted me 5500USD. Can you share with me more about the result and experience with him? My email is [email protected]

Thank you! Would like to see your before and after photos too! Heard Dr Jung is the best for nose. But overpriced.