Singapore Expats

PR Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
revhappy
Editor
Editor

PR Rejected

Post by revhappy » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:39 am

This is just an FYI.

One of my colleagues(Indian national) had applied for PR on 2nd Oct 2010. He just got his rejection letter yesterday(1 and half months) with no reasons stated.

He is married, stayed here for 2 and 1/2 years on P2 EP and salary above 6k. Really cant find any fault in his profile other than the fact that he used to remit his savings to India every month and probably doesnt have much here in terms of savings.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:43 am

I want to say that the gahmen already reached their quota so that people would stop asking us if they should apply for PR or not and save everyone the trouble.

But some people don't read, do they?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:38 am

How old is he? Did he apply with spouse if so how long been married? Any children?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:49 am

Saint wrote:How old is he? Did he apply with spouse if so how long been married? Any children?
And if children, did he apply for PR for them as well (especially boys)?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:02 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Saint wrote:How old is he? Did he apply with spouse if so how long been married? Any children?
And if children, did he apply for PR for them as well (especially boys)?
Was waiting for the answer on this one :wink:

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:11 pm

He is 28 yrs old married for last 1 and half years. No kids. Applied along with spouse.

I didn't really expect his rejection and that too so fast. I read on this forum another person who was rejected recently in real quick time, like 1 and half months. Looks like now they have now tightened it even further by introducing more stringent criteria which we can only speculate, with no reasons given for rejection in most cases :(

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 1:26 pm

They've never given out reasons for rejection or the criteria they didn't meet. The whole point being that they don't applicants making custom made PR applications to fit the criteria.

Anyway we've known for months that most PR applications as being rejected with stricter criteria, election due as well as year end bonus!

Gammaa

Post by Gammaa » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:04 am

The PM has stated that Singapore will maintain its ethnicity ratio.
The 2010 population census indicated percentage decreases of Chinese and Malays relative to percentage increase in Indians and others.
Their decrease means that priority for PR will now be given to those ethnicities. After all, PRs are given with the expectation that the selected some will eventually opt for citizenship.

For example, selected new working foreign graduates (preferred ethnicity) from public local universities were just recently given invitations for PR although the past ‘general offer’ to graduating international students has since stopped from this year.

The increase in Indians in the Census means that PIOs’ applications for PR will likely be temporarily delayed, curtailed or outright rejected. Quota exceeded. Exceptions are made for those who are highly skilled or experienced in demand areas or heavy investors in Singapore bringing increased employment etc.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:50 am

We got ourselves a parrot on the board! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 1:42 am

Gammaa wrote:
For example, selected new working foreign graduates (preferred ethnicity) from public local universities were just recently given invitations for PR although the past ‘general offer’ to graduating international students has since stopped from this year.

So are they selectively issuing invitations for students?

Gammaa

Post by Gammaa » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 2:32 am

Oh SMS, old SMS, hi SMS! How do you do?

The RMAF calls their Sikorsky helicopters Nuri i.e. parrot. There was a batch of helicopter pilots who came to Kuantan to get supplies during the Vietnam war. One week they were socializing and drinking with those in the airbase and the following week, news came back that the whole squadron had perished. You may use parrot, if you so wish.

My granddaughter likes your new avatar. “Look! Fish, nice fish!”

Gammaa

Post by Gammaa » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 2:54 am

Singaporeflyer

[So are they selectively issuing invitations for students?]

I cannot confirm but I have heard that students in secondary schools or polytechnics do get invitations under a different scheme which is NS liable.

New graduates (not undergraduates/students) used to get invitations on getting a job offer except for this year. However, some with engineering degrees are getting them after confirmation in their permanent jobs.

Note that I am only referring to public universities as they have been pre-vetted. They are normally top students in their own countries. It is one way of establishing a benchmark for the local students because their own crème de la crème have already been handpicked to study overseas in top prestigious universities.

Of course, the government has been luring the regional top brains by giving them the Asean scholarships. The latest top law student in Cambridge is just one of them. Someone mentioned that his achievements in Cambridge exceeded MM. While I feel the pride of that boy being born in my hometown, I cannot totally agree on this comparison since technology has made resources more easily available and in abundance, compared to MM’s time.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 6:49 am

Gammaa wrote:I cannot totally agree on this comparison since technology has made resources more easily available and in abundance, compared to MM’s time.
Yeah? Now, instead of actually knowing the subject, most just plagiarize stuff from the internet. 6 months after the degree, they don't know anything. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

catsick

renewal

Post by catsick » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 2:16 pm

Hi , dont know if this is the best place for this

I got my pr 3 years ago ( I am from the uk and was running a trading desk at a bank here ) I retired early last year and now manage my investments full time.

My wife and daughter also both have PR and we own a condo here and spend a decent amount of money in the local economy.

I would like to stay here and dont think I will be a drain on the country as I don't use any services and our daughter will go to private rather than local school and all our medical stuff is self funded private.

Doers anyone know if we will be able to renew our PR in 2 years or if we will have a problem as I am not employed , I can show evidence of sufficient funds for the rest of my life, and have decent investments in SGX stocks etc ...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 2:43 pm

There used to be something here (ICA) to the effect that if you owned property here and had liquid assets of 400K you could get LTSVP's here. But what with the new changes late last year, and the subsequent heavier vetting of "fence-sitters" who want the PR but not the citizenship, I don't think that option is any longer available. In fact, I believe the liquid assets figure has gone way way up to somewhere over 8 digits. But, while I believe I heard it on the tube, I cannot find said figures in print. I'll come back later if I can find something.......

From the following link. The webpage is dated June 2010 but I don't know how relevant/accurate the information actually is......
Living in Singapore:

Residence

Under Singapore’s Global Investor Programme foreign investors with substantial capital and good entrepreneurial track records may apply for permanent residence. Foreigners who have net personal assets of at least S$20 million and who place at least S$5 million of financial assets with a financial institution regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) may apply for permanent residence under the http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration ... 41538.html. Applications can be obtained from MAS-regulated institutions or the Financial Investor Scheme Secretariat of the Financial Centre Development Department.
For your reading pleasure.....Adobe reader required:

http://www.sentosacove.com/pdf/FIS%20Ts ... on%20B.pdf

Other links:

http://www.investorsoffshore.com/html/s ... _kong.html

http://www.pbcorporate.com.sg/permanent ... scheme.php