Singapore Expats

Looking for Full Tim Live out maid

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
Julielane

Looking for Full Tim Live out maid

Post by Julielane » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 7:37 am

Hello,

I am looking for a full time maid to live out. We are a Australian couple living at the Eastcoast. No children. Just looking for a full time maid live out maid to clean/iron. Please contact me if you know of anyone...

Thanks
Jul

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 8:05 am

You will have to hire a local person to get this kind of setup.

Foreign domestic workers are required to live in the same household that they work.

februus
Regular
Regular

Re: Looking for Full Tim Live out maid

Post by februus » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 9:11 am

Julielane wrote:I am looking for a full time maid to live out. We are a Australian couple living at the Eastcoast. No children. Just looking for a full time maid live out maid to clean/iron. Please contact me if you know of anyone...Thanks
There are agencies that will be able to help you out with this sort of thing, we got our live out maid from one of those listed under Sunday Morning Staples list (check any of his posts and the URL at the bottom), the agency we got from there was good, although I know SMS does not personally vouch for any of them.

It is a relatively expensive way of doing it ($12-$14 dollars an hour for someone who speaks good English), which if my maths is right comes to over $2000 per month for full time.

Check the terms carefully too, some maids/agencies limit the amount of some other activities that their maids do, ironing is a typical one.

I also suspect that employing someone full time for housework is also a bit much unless you live in a very large house. For us a part time maid coming two mornings a week was more than enough, but that depends on your circumstances.

sandayani

I'm very interested of applying the job if its still availab

Post by sandayani » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:35 pm

Julielane wrote:Hello,

I am looking for a full time maid to live out. We are a Australian couple living at the Eastcoast. No children. Just looking for a full time maid live out maid to clean/iron. Please contact me if you know of anyone...

Thanks
Im very interested in applying the job if its still available..
I've been in and out agency asking them to help me find the employer that also giving me time to do my own thing and life, but most of them simply dont understand my request and said no..
All i can say for now is that i'm independent and responsible, given the experience of 12 years working and i have letter of recommendation.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: I'm very interested of applying the job if its still ava

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:53 pm

sandayani wrote:
Julielane wrote:Hello,

Thanks
Im very interested in applying the job if its still available..
I've been in and out agency asking them to help me find the employer that also giving me time to do my own thing and life, but most of them simply dont understand my request and said no..
All i can say for now is that i'm independent and responsible, given the experience of 12 years working and i have letter of recommendation.

Are you a PR or Singapore citizen? If not, cannot.

presena

Post by presena » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:02 am

HI Sandayani,

Please contact me if u are still available. I am keen to employ you. Email [email protected]. Thanks