Singapore Expats

Teaching jobs in Business Schools...pls advise

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Raghu-a

Teaching jobs in Business Schools...pls advise

Post by Raghu-a » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 2:31 pm

Hello,

Can anybody advise what will be the general selection criterion (apart from general acdemic qualifications) for a foreigner to get a teaching job in SIngapore? ...Preferebly in Business Schools as one of my friend has MBA.

DO foreigners need to fulfill any special requirements by Sg govt?
:)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 3:25 pm

They would need to at least have relevant experience and a degree that is recognized by the "Singapore" government. This may cause problems as a lot of MBA's are not recognized from some countries, as well as a lot of correspondence type of MBA's. Additionally, they would have to have something that local teachers don't have otherwise, it's doubtful that MOM would approve the EP.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 20 Nov 2010 6:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They would need to at least have relevant experience and a degree that is recognized by the "Singapore" government. This may cause problems as a lot of MBA's are not recognized from some countries, as well as a lot of correspondence type of MBA's. Additionally, they would have to have something that local teachers don't have otherwise, it's doubtful that MOM would approve the EP.
What about part time teaching...like a lot of business schools would have Visiting faculty who hold regular jobs right?
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Nov 2010 7:44 pm

If they are on an EP they can only work for one employer. It would also be difficult to get an EP for a part time job I would think.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers