Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
My faerie

Post by My faerie » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 4:42 pm

it seems to me dat all shortlisted female applicants have already received the email notifications and now it is the male applicants' turns. does that means no more chances for those who have not yet received the invitation?

Guy1

Post by Guy1 » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 4:54 pm

yap yap...i got the inviatation......whao.....these few days seemed hell long......hahaha.......

CuriousCat

Post by CuriousCat » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 4:56 pm

Hi all

I am glad to see that so many of you are so enthu in joining SIA.

I applied and was offered the position of a Flight Stewardess last year. The contract was right in front of me but in the end, I did not take up the offer. I am not trying to be a wet blanket, but I do hope that you girls/guys do give it a very serious thot before you go for the interview.

I remember during the one-to-one round, the interviewer asked me if I am serious abt the job bcos after all, I have a very good degree and that being a flight stewardess is not easy. He even went thru the trouble of giving me a few nasty scenerios that I could encounter while on duty. I assured him that I know what I am doing and I am sure I can do it. But in the end, I did not take up the offer.

One day, I saw the same interviewer while I was shopping and he recongised me! He asked me how's life at the Training Centre but I told him that I did not take up the offer. He looked so disappointed and I felt so bad.

But seriously, there are many factors to consider and I was seriously struggling to make a decision then. I am not stopping anyone from going for the job. Just make sure you discuss with your family and your loved ones before making a decision. And after that, do not look back anymore!

CuriousCat

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 4:59 pm

Guy1 wrote:yap yap...i got the inviatation......whao.....these few days seemed hell long......hahaha.......
you recieve invitation today?

guy1

Post by guy1 » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:04 pm

yes just today.... its the guys turn now....ya....

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:07 pm

guy1 wrote:yes just today.... its the guys turn now....ya....
I think no chance for now already ......... no news from them yet mean never shortlisted..

My faerie

Post by My faerie » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:10 pm

if din get shortlisted dan the only way is to wait for the next round. feel really sad. the worse thing dat can happen is they key in the wrong email add.

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:14 pm

Guys & Girls those who are shortlisted can u pls post pics... want to see how you all look like?

Lam

Post by Lam » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:18 pm

Congrats to all those who are going for their 1st interview. May i wish all of u Good Luck!

^^V

Post by ^^V » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 5:48 pm

CuriousCat wrote:Hi all

I am glad to see that so many of you are so enthu in joining SIA.

I applied and was offered the position of a Flight Stewardess last year. The contract was right in front of me but in the end, I did not take up the offer. I am not trying to be a wet blanket, but I do hope that you girls/guys do give it a very serious thot before you go for the interview.

I remember during the one-to-one round, the interviewer asked me if I am serious abt the job bcos after all, I have a very good degree and that being a flight stewardess is not easy. He even went thru the trouble of giving me a few nasty scenerios that I could encounter while on duty. I assured him that I know what I am doing and I am sure I can do it. But in the end, I did not take up the offer.

One day, I saw the same interviewer while I was shopping and he recongised me! He asked me how's life at the Training Centre but I told him that I did not take up the offer. He looked so disappointed and I felt so bad.

But seriously, there are many factors to consider and I was seriously struggling to make a decision then. I am not stopping anyone from going for the job. Just make sure you discuss with your family and your loved ones before making a decision. And after that, do not look back anymore!

CuriousCat
wat made you changed ur mind?
i received the email on 11th april.
hear my fren told me about the gossiping and backstabbing stuff at sia..
wonder if it happen to all airline or juz sia? :?

aramis

Post by aramis » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 7:32 pm

hey guys i got it as well mine is on sunday 0850

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 8:01 pm

aramis wrote:hey guys i got it as well mine is on sunday 0850
congra to u and mind post your pic ?

aramis

Post by aramis » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 8:26 pm

hey guys and stewards wanna be msn me and lets share wat we have regarding the interview ok

[email protected]

Kayleigh

Re: ANGEL

Post by Kayleigh » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 9:19 pm

AngeL wrote:Hai Leto,
Thz for your reply. So is dat mean i dont have any chance to be interviewed? :(

The SIA offered a 5 year employment contract and the requirements for indonesian applicants are :
* Age 25 years or below
* Minimum height 158 cm
* University graduate ( Full Degree /S1)
* High Level of English proficiency
* Good Health and vision ( use of contact lens is acceptable).

the only main problem for me is i havent finished my S1, i just really hope that they will give me a chance to be interviewed . :? . so what do you think?

thz ..
AngeL.
Hey Angel, where did u c the above? Is it fr indonesian paper or something? i'm an indonesian n would like to apply too... can u giv me ur email add?

Mark

Re: ANGEL

Post by Mark » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 9:44 pm

Kayleigh wrote:
AngeL wrote:Hai Leto,
Thz for your reply. So is dat mean i dont have any chance to be interviewed? :(

The SIA offered a 5 year employment contract and the requirements for indonesian applicants are :
* Age 25 years or below
* Minimum height 158 cm
* University graduate ( Full Degree /S1)
* High Level of English proficiency
* Good Health and vision ( use of contact lens is acceptable).

the only main problem for me is i havent finished my S1, i just really hope that they will give me a chance to be interviewed . :? . so what do you think?

thz ..
AngeL.
Hey Angel, where did u c the above? Is it fr indonesian paper or something? i'm an indonesian n would like to apply too... can u giv me ur email add?
Try this link for more details.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/saa ... nCrew.html