Singapore Expats

David Haye vs Audley Harrison?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
studio53

David Haye vs Audley Harrison?

Post by studio53 » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:17 pm

Does anyone know where they'll be showing this fight??

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: David Haye vs Audley Harrison?

Post by JayCee » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:36 pm

studio53 wrote:Does anyone know where they'll be showing this fight??
Nowhere probably, certainly I've not seen it advertised on Starhub or Singtel, and considering it will be at something like 6 in the morning no pubs or bars will be open to show it anyway.

The only fight this weekend on Starhub is Pacquiao v Margarito, so a fight between 2 guys most of the world haven't heard of isn't going to pull in the punters like that will, especially in Singapore with the large Filipino population. As far as I know it's not been picked up by any TV companies in the states so if they aren't showing it you can bet it won't be on anywhere here. Go to an online streaming site and hope there are some Brits streaming it is your best bet, but considering Sky Box Office are charging a ridiculous 15 quid for it I don't know how many people will do that.

P.S. I hope Haye's smashes Fraudley to bits in the first round and finally retires the gobby arsehole

studio53

Post by studio53 » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 2:55 pm

Thats a shame.... but thanks for the info!
I'm actually thinking of catching the Pacquiao fight on Sunday morning. Where do all the Filipinos hang out!? I think it would be a great atmosphere watching it with a bunch of Filipinos!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 1:33 am

studio53 wrote:Thats a shame.... but thanks for the info!
I'm actually thinking of catching the Pacquiao fight on Sunday morning. Where do all the Filipinos hang out!? I think it would be a great atmosphere watching it with a bunch of Filipinos!
Haye knocked him out so i heard!

studio53

Post by studio53 » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 3:58 pm

Yeah it was a total mismatch. Fraudley Harrison is one of the worst heavyweights I've ever seen. Never seen a boxer so scared to get punched! No technique, no skill....