Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Great1

SIA flight stewards

Post by Great1 » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:52 am

Any guys receive the SIA invitation ? Seems that now only the gals received. Just wondering, does SIA need lots of stewards this time ?

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:41 pm

This is the number for SIA Cabin Crew Dept 65403706

Those who can interested to find out their status of mail can call them personally but I dont think they will reveal who are shortlisted on the phone.

Regards

mydior

Will they respond?

Post by mydior » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 1:13 pm

hi, do u tink they will tell u whether u have been shortlisted when u call them up? Since they have sent out the earliest invitation on Monday, will they still continue to send these few days?? It's quite worrying when u check your email and see no emails coming from them.

mydior

Queries

Post by mydior » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 1:25 pm

Hi to those who have received the invitations, did u all send in the application by post or through email?

SingaporeGirl Wannabe

Post by SingaporeGirl Wannabe » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 1:42 pm

Hi,

I have applied for the Flight Stewardess positon and had just received their reply e-mail on Monday...was extremely happy... because I have applied several times already...

The 1st time I was shortlisted, I didnt go for the Interview because some things cropped up...
The 2nd time, I was thrown out after the 1st interview in a group of 10...
The 3rd & 4th or 5th time, I am not shortlisted...
I try again...
And this time, I am shortlisted again! I am so happy!

I will give all my best on 23 April that day... & hopefully I can be selected!

My dream is to be a Singapore Girl... So glam and earn so much!

And also good luck to all those who have applied and waiting for reply... One reminder.... never give up, keep on trying!

I have a friend who got in only after the 5th attempt! Keep on trying to fulfill your dreams!

Jessy

Singapore Girl you are a Great way to fly!

Post by Jessy » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 1:52 pm

Hello everyone here!

For the dress code on the interview day, you just have to wear casual formal that's all... dont need a blazer that formal lah...hee....

I am a SIA Stewardress for a year already... And SIA is actually looking for Girls who are cheerful, positive & willing to work hard....

I share the same dream as most of you a year back...and on that day I am selected, I was so happy....

Things started off with the 4 months training at SIA Training Centre where you will be put into different classes of 12..... After you graduated from the 4 months of training, you will still have a few months of probation period where you will not be allowed to change your flight schedule... But after the probation period, you can take leave, and change flights to fly with your friends....

You will have a buddy.... where both of you will fly together... and at times you have have team flights as well....

Working in Flights will be very enjoying if you really like the job... and the best things of course, you can see the world! From as near as Malaysia to as far as New York City!

I love my job! Good luck to all of you..... Hope all of you can join our big family of Singapore Girls!

g3m

Big Thanks!

Post by g3m » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:16 pm

Thanks Guest for posting up the number.

I just called them up, the lady, Liza who was in charged of the applications said that notifications would be received latest by tmr. Otherwise, it would mean that we gotta try again.

But I still did not manage to get the email address as she indirectly refused to give me the email address. :(

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:29 pm

Can i call up and ask if i'm shortlisted not? Because i'm worried that they type in the wrong emil address as my email add is long and the '_' in my add they will see as '-'. :?

natee

Post by natee » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:33 pm

SingaporeGirl Wannabe wrote:Hi,

I have applied for the Flight Stewardess positon and had just received their reply e-mail on Monday...was extremely happy... because I have applied several times already...

The 1st time I was shortlisted, I didnt go for the Interview because some things cropped up...
The 2nd time, I was thrown out after the 1st interview in a group of 10...
The 3rd & 4th or 5th time, I am not shortlisted...
I try again...
And this time, I am shortlisted again! I am so happy!

I will give all my best on 23 April that day... & hopefully I can be selected!

My dream is to be a Singapore Girl... So glam and earn so much!

And also good luck to all those who have applied and waiting for reply... One reminder.... never give up, keep on trying!

I have a friend who got in only after the 5th attempt! Keep on trying to fulfill your dreams!
why was you thrown out on the 2nd time? can share your reasons??

Goodness

Post by Goodness » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:36 pm

oh my god..the last notification will be tomorrow? i feel so disheartened..for those who received the invitations, congrats! for those who are still waiting, we shall hope for the best together.

Detached

Scars and such

Post by Detached » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:47 pm

Hi there. I want to work in an airline industry too but am told that i'm not allowed to have scars anywhere. Is that true? I have got chicken pox scars on my face and some on my hands as well.

Is there any way i can get rid of them?

Detached

Scars and such

Post by Detached » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:47 pm

Hi there. I want to work in an airline industry too but am told that i'm not allowed to have scars anywhere. Is that true? I have got chicken pox scars on my face and some on my hands as well.

My faerie

Re: Scars and such

Post by My faerie » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:50 pm

Detached wrote:Hi there. I want to work in an airline industry too but am told that i'm not allowed to have scars anywhere. Is that true? I have got chicken pox scars on my face and some on my hands as well.

i tink u can go guardian and look for some scar lightening cream. it might help but will take a long time.

Enfayth

Post by Enfayth » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:50 pm

may i know when will be the next batch of recruitment for flight stewardess?

detached

Post by detached » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:50 pm

Am so sorry to ask so many questions but how long is long?

And do you have any idea when the next intake is?