Singapore Expats

Which agency does parking fines in Singapore?

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
Levikane
Regular
Regular

Which agency does parking fines in Singapore?

Post by Levikane » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:18 am

Anyone know which government agency is responsible for inspection & issue of parking fines?

There is a construction site 'round the corner where the trucks and management cars always park & obstruct the footpath. There is no sidewalk on the other side, forcing us to walk on the road during peak hour traffic.

The developer hasn't been very helpful, so I was hoping to send a message by reporting it to the traffic fine people... Hopefully parking fines each day might compel the drivers to be a little more responsible!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:52 am

The LTA

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 1:19 pm

Saint wrote:The LTA
Actually, it depends where you are parked. On the street the traffic police will get you, for parking violations as well. HDB will get you if on HDB property. URA will get you for a lot of parking lots.

I think your best bet would be the traffic police.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 7:24 pm

i suggest you start gathering your evidence by taking photos.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 03 Nov 2010 2:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Actually, it depends where you are parked. On the street the traffic police will get you, for parking violations as well. HDB will get you if on HDB property. URA will get you for a lot of parking lots.

Actually, illegal parking offences, other than HDB/URA, are now dealt with entirely from the LTA as from the 1st November. Traffic Police now not responsible.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 Nov 2010 3:07 pm

Saint wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:

Actually, illegal parking offences, other than HDB/URA, are now dealt with entirely from the LTA as from the 1st November. Traffic Police now not responsible.
Trying telling that to the traffic police cop who was trying to write me a ticket for parking on the double zig zag... when I was on the sidewalk. They did dismiss after I wrote to complain.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 03 Nov 2010 3:12 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: Trying telling that to the traffic police cop who was trying to write me a ticket for parking on the double zig zag... when I was on the sidewalk. They did dismiss after I wrote to complain.
I heard this is one of the reason why all parking offences are now going to be dealt by LTA because the Traffic Police couldn't do you for parking on pavement, only LTA can. Traffic Police could only issue tickets if illegally parked on the road.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 6:42 pm

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 7:08 pm

Saint wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: Trying telling that to the traffic police cop who was trying to write me a ticket for parking on the double zig zag... when I was on the sidewalk. They did dismiss after I wrote to complain.
I heard this is one of the reason why all parking offences are now going to be dealt by LTA because the Traffic Police couldn't do you for parking on pavement, only LTA can. Traffic Police could only issue tickets if illegally parked on the road.
You are correct. It was an LTA puke that rode up on his massive 150 cc Honda, searching for miscreants such as myself (and 50 others), parked inobtrusively on a double line. We run out, move our bikes, and he drives off. At least that much is better than TP.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 7:11 pm

That is a really poorly done web page. No picture at all of a single white centerline which means no parking on either side and you can pass.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 7:37 pm

I understand the pics as for a reference/example only - if you look at the list of the penalties it also does not match the photo set. There are dozens more parking offenses not covered there. More important is the procedure with the info to be provided and the fact that LTA handles this.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 9:20 am

Saint wrote:
Is it a recent hand over? I got my only ticket so far ~ two years ago for parking my motorbike on the pavement (not obstructing anything, just for the fact) and it was handled by the police.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:55 am

x9200 wrote:
Saint wrote:
Is it a recent hand over? I got my only ticket so far ~ two years ago for parking my motorbike on the pavement (not obstructing anything, just for the fact) and it was handled by the police.
Quite recent. Maybe the last 3 or 4 months.