Singapore Expats

Sports around Novena square

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Ale

Sports around Novena square

Post by Ale » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 4:26 pm

Hey everyone,

I moved to singapore about 6 month ago and am staying in the Novena Square area. I used to do sports regularly when studying but since i started working here i've been having trouble to motivate myself to do sports after work. I've been thinking that the only way to stay in shape would be to find something regular close to my home as anything else won't beat my natural lazyness.

So, does anyone know what i could do within walking distance of Novena square? I'm open to any sport and have practised a lot of different ones while growing up. I used to play tennis for many years, so if anyone lives close to me i'de be open to pick it up again.

Thanks

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 4:45 pm

Don't know much but I know they do line dancing once a week outside Novena Square.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Fri, 08 Apr 2005 5:49 pm

Ha ha ha! Yes line dancing at Novena....on Thursdays isn't it?

I've already made a mental note to avoid Spinelli's on Thursday evenings to avoid the throng of linedancers! Starbucks is better anyways.... :wink:

Actually, there's a gym (I think) at Novena Square....maybe its part of the St.Gregory's Spa? I can see the pool from where I work anyway, and it *looks* like a gym lurking behind the glass doors. Give it a go?

Ale

Post by Ale » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:47 pm

lol, i don't consider that a sport. plus i would bring down the average age half of what it is now....

newgirl
Regular
Regular

I thought I was hallucinating

Post by newgirl » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 1:54 pm

God

So glad others have seen this line dancing- I thought the heat was getting to me.

The sad thing is, my sister, who is 25 loves line dancing and can't wait to come over and try it over here.

FYI

Workout

Post by FYI » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:22 am

You may be interested in going to the gym at Revenue House opposite Novena Square... just pay a monthly fee to use the gym equipments.
Is very nice environment and people are friendly

Ind Babe

Try Toa Payoh

Post by Ind Babe » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:32 am

Hi

There's a community club in Toa Payoh (just opposite Toa Payoh Central on Lorong 6) which is a short mrt/bus/taxi ride from Novena Square....and a slightly long walk! You can do a lot of things there...swimming, tennis, badminton. There is also a nice town park next to it and its nice to walk/jog/cycle there in the evenings (but dont make it very late if you are a woman as it can get a lil isolated or else get some company).

Have fun! :)