Singapore Expats

Need some help locating some specific beers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:38 pm

I used to drink Kingfisher, continuining my loyalty for India and Bangalore and once I tasted Chang, I have changed loyalties :wink:

Here's a Joke:

Vijay Mallya is the owner of Kingfisher:

After an international beer conference in London , all the world top brewery bosses decide to go out for a beer together.

The Chairman of Budweiser says, I like the most refreshing beer in the world, The King of Beers give me a Budweiser. The bartender takes a bottle from the shelf and opens it for him.

The Chairman of Guinness says, I like the only beer in the world worth really, truly waiting for give me a Guinness. The bartender serves him.

The Chairman of Carlsberg says, I would like the world’s best beer, drunk in more countries than any other give me a Carlsberg. He gets it.

Vijay Mallya sits down, looks around and says, Just give me a Coke. The bartender looks at him, shrugs, and serves him.

The other brewery bosses laughed loudly and say, Hey Vijay, how come you are not drinking a Kingfisher? Listen, says Vijay Mallya, If you guys are not drinking tonight, neither will I....!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 2:43 am

Knockout!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 9:49 pm

ksl wrote:Knockout!
:) I was really surprised when I saw so many Indian beer in Prime Supermarket near my house. They have Kingfisher, Royal Challenge, Haywards and Knockout.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 1:22 am

revhappy wrote:
ksl wrote:Knockout!
:) I was really surprised when I saw so many Indian beer in Prime Supermarket near my house. They have Kingfisher, Royal Challenge, Haywards and Knockout.
Me too, I quite like the knockout extra strong, good value for money compared to Barons 8%, and the wife like a shandy made with it :lol: :lol: So it's a good excuse to buy a 6 pack, she's out like a light after the first shandy, so i get a good nights sleep after I finish the other cans. :)

Though i've been on the wagon the last 8 weeks losing weight 9kg until now, another 8 weeks to go :cry:

uglymale

Post by uglymale » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 2:08 am

having lived in the US for a couple of years and just moved back, i genuinely miss american beer.

i don't understand the ill sentiment here towards them. sure, macro brews like bud and miller, and especially the light beers, taste very diluted to me. but the US *does* in fact have some of the greatest craft beers that i have had the pleasure of indulging in. e.g. dogfish, sierra nevada, etc. and right now, i would probably give an arm and a leg for a samuel adams.

i would say a huge majority of these american craft beers are ales and ipa - not common brews here, and surely unfamiliar to the singaporean palate. sure, i like my german and belgian brews too. erdinger, paulaner, hoegaarten et al. and these wheat beers are really refreshing for the tropical climate. but theres only so much hefeweizen i can drink before longing for more variety.

i really miss my neighborhood bar in pittsburgh, where i lived, where it had weekly rotating taps. i really have had enough of tiger, heineken, carlsberg, erdinger and hoegaarten - which seem to be the mainstay of most bars here. (with the occasional stella and asahi)

if anybody here can tell me where to get a pint of sam adams, i'll pick up the first round. :)

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ev-disinfection » Mon, 03 Jan 2011 7:18 pm

Hey UM,
Sorry to burst your bubbles but...

Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, April 9
Samuel Adams Beer recalled after glass particles found in US bottles

SINGAPORE: The Agri—Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) has advised consumers to stop drinking the Samuel Adams Beer. This comes after glass particles were found in some of its bottles in the US.

The Boston Beer Company has announced that it is recalling all its Samuel Adams Beer from the US market. So AVA has asked importers and retailers here to do the same.

Consumers who have bought the beer are advised to throw it away. Affected beer bottles have "N35" and "OI" embossed at the bottom. — CNA/ir

There is this pub that i regular... it's called "Rachel's Place" on the second floor, Pasir Panjang Village.... There, they have Crown Royal and Patron. Beers are at S$5.00 a bottle, pool table, Smoking Balcony and 90% expats...

Another pub that is cool is the "handles Bar" at Alexander.

Cheers

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Calmday » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:02 am

OK We found Samuel Adams Boston Lager at TGI Fridays on Orchard. No "N35" and "OI" embossed at the bottom.

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Calmday » Mon, 23 May 2011 11:19 am

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Mon, 23 May 2011 5:16 pm

uglymale wrote:if anybody here can tell me where to get a pint of sam adams, i'll pick up the first round. :)
Can't say I know of a place that sells it by the pint, but if you go to level B2 at Orchard Central to a Mediterranean-style food court called 'Medzs', they have a nice bar in the back with a 1-for-1 (buy-one-get-one-free) special on ALL beers. They say they have 100+ international beers, and they definitely have Sam Adams. :)

Oh, and if you pay using a DBS card you get a further 25% off.