Singapore Expats

best thai food in singapore?

Share your favourite eating haunts!
bellnross

best thai food in singapore?

Post by bellnross » Thu, 22 Jul 2010 4:57 pm

I suddenly remembered this place when I passed by Far East square to meet my client.

I remembered trying tom Yum noodles,tofu,fishcake, kangkong Overall the food tasted rather authentic. However service is rather slow even thought i can understand that the office crowd is overpowering the service staff during lunch.

Dinner would perhaps be better in terms of service as the entire far East sqaure is dead in the evenings but as this restaurant serve wine&beer and also always have promotion during dinner time, nowadays this restaurant is abit pack even at dinner time!

if you are a big fan of thai food should try this restaurant!
Must tries: tom yam soup,kangkong, pineapple fried rice

gracie.

Post by gracie. » Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:11 pm

I like Suan Thai at Liang Court (Clarke Quay) - http://www.suanthai101.com/
They have a la carte all you can eat everyday.

gracie.

Post by gracie. » Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:12 pm

btw Kangkong is more to Indonesian food I think...

bellnross

Post by bellnross » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 1:19 pm

i haven't tried suan thai....
but i had tried thai express but i think chiang mai palace is better than thai express if you comparing the food and the service... the waiter at chiang mai palace is very friendly... and the food is good too!

bhauranya
Regular
Regular

Post by bhauranya » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 1:50 pm

I recommend thai express
Dont't be serious, be sincere!!

bellnross

Post by bellnross » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:24 am

for me i prefer chiang mai palace rather than thai express...

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Post by ex-pat » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:14 pm

bellnross wrote:for me i prefer chiang mai palace rather than thai express...
Express thai fans dont get me wrong, I am a fan of thai food but i tried dining in Thai express ordered green curry. Honestly im so disappointed the curry is watery ( i prefer a thicker sauce) plus the chicken pisces are not satisfactory.

I still prefer my homecooked curry :)

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 2:13 pm

ex-pat wrote:
Express thai fans dont get me wrong, I am a fan of thai food but i tried dining in Thai express ordered green curry. Honestly im so disappointed the curry is watery ( i prefer a thicker sauce) plus the chicken pisces are not satisfactory.

I must say thai express is no very good. food is bland. I ordered a pineapple fried rice if I remember clearly two months ago when I was new to singapore and it tasted like plain rice. price doesnt match the quality of food that they are serving. :cry:

bellnross

Post by bellnross » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:01 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
ex-pat wrote:

I must say thai express is no very good. food is bland. I ordered a pineapple fried rice if I remember clearly two months ago when I was new to singapore and it tasted like plain rice. price doesnt match the quality of food that they are serving. :cry:
yah thai express abit overprice. cos of that i still prefer chiang mai palace as they are cheaper than thai express and the waiter is very friendly... you can try to go there for dinner ... the night ambience there is very nice...

nadzilla

Post by nadzilla » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 5:20 pm

I love eating at Diandin Leluk at Golden Mile Complex. They also have a few other outlets, google them :)

First Thai in bugis area is very popular but i don't really like it cause the service kinda sucks and the place isn't air-con :)

Jeremy Wong

Post by Jeremy Wong » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:44 am

If you dont mind stepping out of your comfort zone, Golden mile is a popular place for authentic thai food.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 1:56 am

Jeremy Wong wrote:If you dont mind stepping out of your comfort zone, Golden mile is a popular place for authentic thai food.
That's where the Thais are.

For another place even further outside of your comfort zone, Orchard Towers has some good Thai food, too. Some of the clientele may not be "family-friendly," but they definitely are Thai.
8-)

wineman

Thai food

Post by wineman » Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:34 am

definitely should go to Beach Road for Thai food. Even the local thai friends staying in Singapore go there. Try the one small (air-con) restaurant opposite Concourse. It has the most authentic Isaan food. Issan is a district in the north-east of Thailand.
Famous for papaya salad.
viva vita!

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 4:12 pm

I've been having lots of trouble finding a good Thai restaurant in Singapore. Most places can't product anything authentic so they just spice it up to cover up their culinary inadequacies. Sad but true...

Sabai (at Ngee Ann City) is said to be one of the best Thai restaurants in town, but it's rather pricey judging by the menu, and although I know people who recommend it highly I have yet to give it a go (doesn't exactly seem like the place to bring a family with infants to).

Stay away from the Thai chains as they offer miserable grub.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 8:03 pm

maneo wrote:
Jeremy Wong wrote:If you dont mind stepping out of your comfort zone, Golden mile is a popular place for authentic thai food.
That's where the Thais are.

For another place even further outside of your comfort zone, Orchard Towers has some good Thai food, too. Some of the clientele may not be "family-friendly," but they definitely are Thai.
8-)
I was told of the Thai on level 3 (I think) in OT in my first weeks in Singapore. It is the same floor as the Down Under bar, hidden around the corner. The food was good but my memories were all of playing "spot the adams apple" on the girls eating there.

The food was good but I wouldn't take the kids :-P