Singapore Expats

Part Time Maid Services

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Part Time Maid Services

Post by fatmouse76 » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:48 pm

Hii all , how much is the market rate to employ a part time maid to clean our homes...also is it a norm to pay agency fees ?

I have enquired on a regular cleaner and I have been quoted $15 per hour,for a minimum of 4 hours and $180 agency fees with a free 2 month replacement.

However, there are also some people advertising at $10 per hour...those of you who have P/T cleaners, what do you suggest is important for me to look out for before I decide to take one..

thanks !!

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Sun, 16 May 2010 10:50 am

Foreign workers are not allowed to work as part time domestic help. Only PRs and Citizens. Also for safety reasons, as a foreign worker could "run away" pretty easily. Or so I've been told.

You would want to go through an agency, so you do not have to deal with all the technicalities of being an employer, anyway. The agency will take care of all the legal bits, like insurance, employment laws, etc.

I pay SGD220 for 4 hours per day x 4 weeks. That's SGD13.75 per hour. Unlimited change of helper. I do not pay agency fees. But I do pay to an agency, so I assume it's included. A google search will give you most of the information above, including some similarly priced agencies.

You may think that you won't need to change, but you do. I've had a few helpers who were either simply not good or unprofessional. Just like a full-time helper, once you find one that you like, you should not change anymore. I'm afraid you'll have to try a few until then though. Good luck!

bebe2004

Just to share

Post by bebe2004 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:02 am

Hi,

I had got a maid from A-Team Amahs and was good for the first 2 months, but lately she is always late and no show sometimes.

I had to do the cleaning myself ......

Called the agency on the day when the maid no show to request for another maid and they just push away by saying that there are not aware of wats happening and is not able to send me another maid and was told to wait for another week and see how.

bebe2004

Jus to share

Post by bebe2004 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:16 am

Hi people,

Just sharing my experience on engaging a maid.

Posted was my previous encounter with A-Team, i am now with another service provider.

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:07 am

Hi may I know which service provider you used ?

The provider I used was charging me $15 an hour but at least I have not had any headache since they started and its always the same one that comes. In fact I have kids so the same person pops in to babysit my twins over the weekend nights.

mitlan
Regular
Regular

Post by mitlan » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 3:09 pm

:)
Last edited by mitlan on Fri, 11 Jun 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time has emerged as today's key commodity. People can now buy back time with EcoVerve!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 6:08 am

mitlan, looks like you work really hard to get your account locked.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 7:10 am

Yeah, I saw it last night. I'm watching him but as long as he doesn't cross the line he's okay. But he's getting dangerously close. :wink:

He's not doing anything that ksl hasn't done as some point or another. In fact, ksl should be a role model on how to do it without overstepping...... (we went through some hiccups early on. :) )
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 7:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, I saw it last night. I'm watching him but as long as he doesn't cross the line he's okay. But he's getting dangerously close. :wink:

He's not doing anything that ksl hasn't done as some point or another. In fact, ksl should be a role model on how to do it without overstepping...... (we went through some hiccups early on. :) )
Ksl is natural and writes like people do. The above is a marketoidal talk targeted at Asian housewives. Got it enough from tv and probably that's why it is pretty irritating. Formally I am afraid you are right.
On the other hand his activities here work likely against him as this is more than obvious what it is about. Wrong place, wrong group of people, wrong language.

princessminnie

Part Time Maid

Post by princessminnie » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:50 am

I engaged an agent RINA (90547595) who provides me part-time cleaners three weeks ago, I found her online as she claimed that she doesn't charge any agent fees. she promised me all her girls are very responsible, but two of them who promised me would come to work for me, just simply not showing on that appointment day, never replied sms nor answered my calls. and the third one came on week 3, A myanmar Lady called Sandar, for 4 hours she only cleaned 2 rooms floor and furniture. left all bathrooms, balcony, kitchen and living room floor and furniture unattended. My home is only 1200 sqf. and I dont even have lots of furnitures to clean with. I didn't know what she was doing in my Master bedroom for the first 2 hours. I heard no Vacuum sound, when I opened the door, the floor was not even mopped.

The next two hours, I was there teaching her how to clean my furniture without leaving water streaks and also cleaning after her. After she left, I have to find all the cleaning kits in all rooms where she left, And I changed bed-sheet by myself. She even scratched my High Gloss Painted speakers with my vacuum cleaner! End up, I was the one doing Polishing for another hour.

It is more exhausting then I just do it by myself and no need to waste that 40 Dollars.

Even though, I still engaged her service for next week which she agreed happily on the spot. But evening she complained to her agent Rina that she would not like to work anymore. Is it because I asked her for a copy of her Dependent Pass? Who knows.

Anyway, I stay at East Coast area, near Parkway Parade.

Anyone who interested in working twice a week at 2 hours per session or once a week, 3 hours session are welcome.

But must work with care and have knowledge on Veneer and High Gloss Painted Furniture.

Please PM me if anyone has good recommendations.

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:02 am

Hi all , :) thanks I found a cleaner and have been using her for few months now, no change,she does get a bit late at times but overall very good. Yes I got her from an agency but no extra fees. :)

wolfjay

Part Time Maids and/or Cleaning Services

Post by wolfjay » Mon, 25 Oct 2010 5:03 pm

Had a good experience with an agent called Khai Linn from temphelp or temphelpers.

4 x once a week at $14hour. Maid was local and wore uniform (apron) and took initiative to complete all the basic stuff unsupervised. Asked her to help out with ironing as well and she did.

Been 4 months now and I have no complaints.

If you need someone part-time, call Khai Lin at 9185 4878. Apparently, they have trained helpers who are good with children as well.

observer
Regular
Regular

Re: Part Time Maid

Post by observer » Mon, 25 Oct 2010 9:47 pm

princessminnie wrote:But evening she complained to her agent Rina that she would not like to work anymore. Is it because I asked her for a copy of her Dependent Pass? Who knows.
Of course she doesn't want to work for you, because it is ILLEGAL. If you read my post, only PRs and Citizens may work as domestic helpers part time. If she had a dependent pass, clearly she is a foreigner and a non-PR.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!