Singapore Expats

CCP Party Leaders Call for Free Speech.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:36 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: :D :o :) :lol: You owe me a kopi and a keyboard cleaning.

or... [in City Cab, taxi number xxxx], where driver commented that next LKY would be elected to the position of God.
Dear Mr Strong Eagle,

OFFICIAL WARNING

I refer to your comment on 20 October 2010 at 12:23pm on the Singapore Expatriate Forum topic titled "CCP Party Leaders Call for Free Speech".

2. We have printed evidence that you mentioned LKY and God in the same sentence. This is in violation of Penal Code Section 123(45) which states that LKY does not believe in God and must not in any circumstance be made to co-exist with said God in thought, word or deed.

3. You may compound this offence with a fine of SGD 5,000,000 paid within 30 milliseconds or face charges in court carrying a jail term not exceeding 10 centuries. Failure to comply will result in your being placed on the Undesirable Expatriate List and forced to undergo 2.5 years of National Service where you will be indoctrinated on what to say and do while in Singapore.

4. Thank you for your kind attention to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Wind In My Hair
Director, Expatriate Surveillance Unit
Ministry of Online Forums

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:44 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: :D :o :) :lol: You owe me a kopi and a keyboard cleaning.

or... [in City Cab, taxi number xxxx], where driver commented that next LKY would be elected to the position of God.
Dear Mr Strong Eagle,

OFFICIAL WARNING

I refer to your comment on 20 October 2010 at 12:23pm on the Singapore Expatriate Forum topic titled "CCP Party Leaders Call for Free Speech".

2. We have printed evidence that you mentioned LKY and God in the same sentence. This is in violation of Penal Code Section 123(45) which states that LKY does not believe in God and must not in any circumstance be made to co-exist with said God in thought, word or deed.

3. You may compound this offence with a fine of SGD 5,000,000 paid within 30 milliseconds or face charges in court carrying a jail term not exceeding 10 centuries. Failure to comply will result in your being placed on the Undesirable Expatriate List and forced to undergo 2.5 years of National Service where you will be indoctrinated on what to say and do while in Singapore.

4. Thank you for your kind attention to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Wind In My Hair
Director, Expatriate Surveillance Unit
Ministry of Online Forums
:lol: :lol: :lol:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:46 pm

good lord; that sounds so orwellian.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:53 pm

nakatago wrote:good lord; that sounds so orwellian.
It is so orwellian
that it is swellian!!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:36 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
nakatago wrote:good lord; that sounds so orwellian.
It is so orwellian
that it is swellian!!
Thank goodness I've already swallowed my sip of warm green tea when I read the Orwellian letter of WIMH. OR else... this new laptop will have it's first baptism by green tea... :P

The letter reminded me of a Harry Potter character... I can't remember now... That lady who replaced Dumbledore as the head of Hogwarths... Any Harry Potter fans here who can supply the name?
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 9:06 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:It is so orwellian
that it is swellian!!
By George!
Such hodgepodge... :love:
Asian_Geekette wrote:The letter reminded me of a Harry Potter character... I can't remember now... That lady who replaced Dumbledore as the head of Hogwarths... Any Harry Potter fans here who can supply the name?
She the chief of Gryffindor,
Headmistress Minerva McGonagall.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 9:30 pm

...and speaking of magic, let's revisit ten mythical creatures from chinese modern folklore...http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/baidu-10- ... -mud-horse. NSFW link, by the way.

so, you know, at least significant part of china wantses its to creates itses owns memes...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sporewunder

Post by sporewunder » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 6:26 pm

carlsum1986 wrote: it was not watching what we say or spies being everywhere..however my friend did get an official warning for saying something bad about the g**men when they were just sitting around in the coffee shop just chatting....
Come on, what kind of nonsense is this. Singapore is not Malaysia alright.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:29 pm

sporewunder wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote: it was not watching what we say or spies being everywhere..however my friend did get an official warning for saying something bad about the g**men when they were just sitting around in the coffee shop just chatting....
Come on, what kind of nonsense is this. Singapore is not Malaysia alright.
You are rather naive aren't you. Hell, they even read this sites various forums as well. It's well known, that over the years, the plainclothesmen frequent kopi shops.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

frankspore

Post by frankspore » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: You are rather naive aren't you. Hell, they even read this sites various forums as well. It's well known, that over the years, the plainclothesmen frequent kopi shops.
Criticising the govt isn't even against the law, how can you get an official warning for it. It is something that is done everyday on this forum, on many other forums, in all the newspapers, TV shows, every meet the MP session and on every street. Come on, you guys can't be that nonsensical can you.
Last edited by frankspore on Fri, 22 Oct 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:46 am

Et tu, SMS? The plainclothes at coffeeshops are most likely taking a break. They have to eat too, you know. The real snoops are the grassroots people who are everywhere but they just report back what the ground is saying and have no vested authority.

Think about it. If official warnings for coffeeshop talk were really issued, don't you think at least one expat after leaving Singapore would go public with it? Amnesty International would have a field day.

So far I have not seen one iota of proof that such official warnings exist. Just hearsay and belief, ie urban legend. Paranoia is contagious.
Last edited by Wind In My Hair on Fri, 22 Oct 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankspore

Post by frankspore » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 1:16 am

You have got to be a retarded inbred to think that they "issue warnings" to people who criticise the government.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 9:54 am

frankspore wrote:You have got to be a retarded inbred to think that they "issue warnings" to people who criticise the government.
Or maybe you just have to be a retarded inbred to make stupid offensive statements like this. That's your second post calling people retards, got a problem with the mentally disabled have we?

frankspore

Post by frankspore » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:55 am

JayCee wrote:
frankspore wrote:You have got to be a retarded inbred to think that they "issue warnings" to people who criticise the government.
Or maybe you just have to be a retarded inbred to make stupid offensive statements like this. That's your second post calling people retards, got a problem with the mentally disabled have we?
No I don't have a problem with retards. In fact, I just donated some money to the SPASTIC association the other day.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:54 pm

frankspore wrote:
JayCee wrote:
No I don't have a problem with retards. In fact, I just donated some money to the SPASTIC association the other day.
And to think that they say Singaporeans have no social grace or responsibility :roll: