Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Piglet_23

Post by Piglet_23 » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 9:29 pm

hypertrophic wrote:
colelin wrote:
hypertrophic wrote:avail date does not affect the selection process.... lolx...

anywayz good luck grrllss... see yall on board.... :p
ooh..million thanks > hypertrophic.. but how about the O LEVELS results? Maths + Geography? They look thru it, i supppose?

Guess this batch chances is pretty slim.. :cry:
umm.. m not sure what they look for in 'O' levels certificate.. i think a pass will do... as i presented other academic qualifications during my interview...

As for math n geography.. i was referring to the test given during the selection process.

umm... for batch 11 ie 22 nov grd sch... that depends on when they call u back for contract briefing.. as most would require 1 mth notice period... n they normally give JUST ENUF time for you to tender... then clear your medical n security round within the mth which u are serving ur last mth with ur current company..

Patience.... all of us went thru that... :p
thank you for your encouragement hypertrophic.. i tink i did badly in the 1-1 session before the swim test today and i was feeling kinda upset about it.. nevertheless.. all the best to ladies who had tried and pray hard.. keeping fingies crossed :???:
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:02 pm

Piglet_23 wrote:just cfm today that there will be a ground sch which is starting on e 22nd nov and another one in jan.. so these 2 days of interviews.. they will pick out candidates for yday's and today's to join these 2 batches.. :?
how was the interview today? how many ppl were left for final round? bout 30 too?

Piglet_23

Post by Piglet_23 » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:10 pm

fii0nn wrote:
Piglet_23 wrote:just cfm today that there will be a ground sch which is starting on e 22nd nov and another one in jan.. so these 2 days of interviews.. they will pick out candidates for yday's and today's to join these 2 batches.. :?
how was the interview today? how many ppl were left for final round? bout 30 too?
hi fi0nn, yupp it was around 30 of us through to the 1-1 and swim test.. yours too?
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:17 pm

yeap.. our group also had ard 30 in the final round.. so does it mean half will be out lo?

Piglet_23

Post by Piglet_23 » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:21 pm

fii0nn wrote:yeap.. our group also had ard 30 in the final round.. so does it mean half will be out lo?
yepp i guess so.. did they inform you all like when will they call or email to let you know you're selected?
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:54 pm

Piglet_23 wrote:
fii0nn wrote:yeap.. our group also had ard 30 in the final round.. so does it mean half will be out lo?
yepp i guess so.. did they inform you all like when will they call or email to let you know you're selected?
i think if selected for Nov's grd sch den they'll probably call u within these 2 weeks.. i think i heard something like they will call in dec if selected for Jan's batch.. but not very sure though. :(

Piglet_23

Post by Piglet_23 » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:05 pm

fii0nn wrote:
Piglet_23 wrote:
i think if selected for Nov's grd sch den they'll probably call u within these 2 weeks.. i think i heard something like they will call in dec if selected for Jan's batch.. but not very sure though. :(
dec?! thats like 2 more months.. awww... :cry:
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

colelin

Post by colelin » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:24 pm

Piglet_23 wrote:
hypertrophic wrote:
colelin wrote: ooh..million thanks > hypertrophic.. but how about the O LEVELS results? Maths + Geography? They look thru it, i supppose?

Guess this batch chances is pretty slim.. :cry:
umm.. m not sure what they look for in 'O' levels certificate.. i think a pass will do... as i presented other academic qualifications during my interview...

As for math n geography.. i was referring to the test given during the selection process.

umm... for batch 11 ie 22 nov grd sch... that depends on when they call u back for contract briefing.. as most would require 1 mth notice period... n they normally give JUST ENUF time for you to tender... then clear your medical n security round within the mth which u are serving ur last mth with ur current company..

Patience.... all of us went thru that... :p
thank you for your encouragement hypertrophic.. i tink i did badly in the 1-1 session before the swim test today and i was feeling kinda upset about it.. nevertheless.. all the best to ladies who had tried and pray hard.. keeping fingies crossed :???:
many thanks > hypertrophic. Ya..guess they do tk a look @ e O LEVEL results. Mine suckss.. whahaha.. but neverthless, it was a great experience for me.

All the best boys and gals! Keep your wings fly high! Weeee~~~~~~~~

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:42 am

colelin: maybe things aren't as bad as it seems to be?

i was feeling jittery too, cos i think i fared so-so in the 1-1 but my swimming test was bad. couldn't really swim with my head up and had difficulties on my way back. :( my bad.. :) but the interview itself was quite enjoyable :)

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 9:24 am

If let's say half will be eliminated there wont be enough to fill the Nov and Jan's batch right? Hmmm. She told me they'll start calling those who can start in Nov next week.

myluckboi

Post by myluckboi » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:26 am

Hi there,
Can anyone clarify the following for me.

Jetstar asia:
- Fly asia routes
- Mostly turnaround fly except for osaka which we can layover

Jetstar Intl:
- Fly mostly Aus routes
- Some turnaround fly and some layover fly

May i know which line pay is better. Cause i miss the tuesday walk in interview therefore thinking of write in to Jetstar asia instead.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:30 am

myluckboi wrote:Hi there,
Can anyone clarify the following for me.

Jetstar asia:
- Fly asia routes
- Mostly turnaround fly except for osaka which we can layover

Jetstar Intl:
- Fly mostly Aus routes
- Some turnaround fly and some layover fly

May i know which line pay is better. Cause i miss the tuesday walk in interview therefore thinking of write in to Jetstar asia instead.
Jetstar Intl does not do anymore turn arounds. All layover flights now. As to which pays better, I dont know. Shld be about the same?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:40 am

good morning all :)

I think jetstar intl shd pay better since there are layovers = allowance ? :)

myluckboi

Post by myluckboi » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:51 am

Ops, i guess i miss the Jetstar Intl interview then. How about Jetstar Asia, do they have layover other than Osaka..

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 2:30 pm

love`Qoo wrote:
If let's say half will be eliminated there wont be enough to fill the Nov and Jan's batch right? Hmmm. She told me they'll start calling those who can start in Nov next week.
hopefully we get called next week...... i dun wanna wait sooooooo long .....