Singapore Expats

Farewell to all

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Farewell to all

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 5:50 am

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Farewell to all

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 7:08 am

Mad Scientist wrote:I was given three days to remove all of my posting.
MS
This is crazy. Who gave you three days to remove all your posts?

Utterly insane.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 7:44 am

This is utterly ridiculous but it does not surprise me.

MS I'm betting you are not leaving of your own accord (am I correct?). I have a sneaky suspicion that the judgment is from someone within the bureaucracy. We are really going to miss you and if I'm wrong (hopefully), I would beg you to reconsider. You are a gem of a member here!

SMS
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 8:21 am

Farewell. Even though I did not directly benefit from the wealth of information you shared, I has given a lot of insight which surely would be guiding in decisions I will make later on.

I'm with SMS on this one. Somebody made MS quit--he did say he was dealt a low blow. I doubt he broke any confidentiality agreements since as far I know, MS just made sense of all the confusing information available to the public. Can you say see ee and es oh arr es eich aye pea? :?

Oh crap. I think I see an unmarked van with darkly-tinted windows outside.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 8:26 am

I think we need to capture and save MS threads so that another one of us can publish.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 9:00 am

It is really bad. You are one of the most helpful person I ever seen patiently explaining all the details just for the sake of helping ppl.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 9:59 am

:???: :cry: :cry:

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:15 am

Farewell MS. Your posts were very informative and gave an excellent insight into the Singaporean bureaucratic mindset. Hope you can pop by again under a different nickname (and avoid 'sensitive topics' as well!).
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:24 pm

:shock:

Your insights, knowledge and patience will be sorely missed. Another strike against free speech :(

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:33 pm

It actually surprised me that this happened after 3 whole years because Singapore gahmen used to be protective of their interest in slaving men.

Heck we will absorb as much info and help those who need it as much as we can.

Long Live MS

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Koalabear » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:36 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I think we need to capture and save MS threads so that another one of us can publish.
+1

Can the mod archive the MS threads?

gravida
Chatter
Chatter

Post by gravida » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:51 pm

It is sad, if you were really pushed by "someone" to do it... on the other hand with recent actions (like "take citizenship or we won't renew your REP") it does not surprise :???: :evil:

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 1:54 pm

MS - you will be sorely missed.
You were a voice of reason when things started to get heated and listening to your experiences and advice (however unwelcome at times to the posters) was refreshing.
I hope that you return for the lighter discussions.
All the best and regards
Kim

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 2:04 pm

Koalabear wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I think we need to capture and save MS threads so that another one of us can publish.
+1

Can the mod archive the MS threads?
We can only do what others do... print the pages to a PDF and save. Maybe board admin can do more but i don't think so.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 6:00 pm

MS,

Be consoled by the following post, and show it to the people who would censor you.
I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation to "Mad Scientist".

In my opinion, the level of help that MS extended to me and my family was far beyond our expectations.

His dedication, diversity of knowledge and sensitivity to the needs of forum members, and his ability to apply those attributes to the betterment of this community merit more than a mention. He deserves a standing ovation.

MS is a vital enabler and animator of this forum. His contribution is sizable, but not always measurable. His work here doesn’t make headlines, but does make a difference.

What particularly impressed me about the degree of dedication rendered by MS was that there were absolutely no financial rewards involved. It appears that it was simply MS's extraordinary commitment to superiority in volunteer work and helping others that motivated him to go the extra mile.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all other volunteers here. This is a very helpful forum and run very professionally with great Administrators and Moderators. They all spent considerable amount of their time here but are not nearly appreciated enough.
You will currently have a tough time trying to delete your posts. We really don't like to see posts broken up that are not libelous, slanderous, racially or religiously hateful.