Singapore Expats

Questions about/experiences with EPEC and LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Tinaaa

Questions about/experiences with EPEC and LTVP

Post by Tinaaa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 4:36 pm

Problem has been solved, thank you!
Last edited by Tinaaa on Wed, 29 Dec 2010 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 7:58 pm

Hi,
My partner got an epec and ltsvp approved not too long ago.
You just have to meet the criteria of being on the list of universities which can be viewed from this link
http://mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/pass ... tions.aspx

Common law spouse would not work if you are on a work permit,gotta be on employment pass for them to allow dependant pass.

I would suggest you apply for the epec from china.wait till it is approved(7 days) and either come to singapore to collect it or wait till it is mailed(takes 3 weeks) to China. Then after getting the epec, apply for the ltsvp which takes 5 weeks.

1) to come here on a tourist visa. I heard that you can be here for 90 days, get out of the country and get 90 days for a second time. Is that info accurate? yes but it depends on the immigration officer Or what is your experience with tourist visa extension? if you want to do an extension you can get 30days if you dont have a sg pr/citizen to sponsor or u can get 90 days if you have a sponsor. You should apply for the extension 2-3 days before expiry of the tourist visa or they will reject your extension.

yea so i guess this is all there is to it...good luck...