Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gigi12345

Post by gigi12345 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 3:48 pm

Y is SIA cutting all the trainee hair now (Bob hair) ??

woohoo02

Post by woohoo02 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 5:03 pm

darkchoco wrote:Limmy and woohoo, I'm nervous!

My available period is mid dec and so far. No call. Always so scared to open mailbox :(
I'm nervous too! My availability is December too. Every afternoon, I'll open the mailbox, nervously. No call yet too.

But our medical results are definitely out. My friend who went for the check up together with me just got a call 2 days ago, asking him to come back for the check up cause his blood pressure is high.

I think by next week, if still no letter, then we should be safe. Although I'm expecting the worst for me.

highon75

Post by highon75 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 5:26 pm

drumx wrote:
highon75 wrote:Hi,

in that case, if I will only get my diploma next Apr, do i state my highest qualification as diploma/O-levels?
If you do not have a Diploma yet then put your next highest Qualification.
Which would be O levels...
but I'll be getting my diploma in due course, just not formally presented. Do I just state whatever I have currently?
C'est La Vie

highon75

Post by highon75 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 5:31 pm

Dear All,

Just curious to know, how do you feel towards SIA branching out its recruitment and starting to hire crew from all over Asia?
Personally, I feel that this doesn't give the common connotation w SIA Girls, "Singapore Girls", any meaning anymore.
If you've taken the airline recently, you're bound to have taken notice of the large mix of girls from different countries.

P.s. This question is posed just out of my own curiosity and not directed nor meant to offend anyone
C'est La Vie

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 6:55 pm

@woohoo02 and darkchoco: everyday i check the mail box too, at 5.30pm sharp...garh, the wait is killing me..

reneme

Post by reneme » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 7:23 pm

Hi all,

I've got a burning question. I have already received the email with the commencement of the training date. However, when I'm tendering, my boss needs me to stay on for more than a month (I had previously state notice period of 1 month). Which means I will not be able to commence on the date given by SIA.

I am now wondering if I get back to Mary on this, will she just chuck me one side and drop my application once and for all?

Any kind soul/moderator can advise me on this?

p/s: my boss in order to convinced me, went to ask around his cabin crew friends and he said that he heard from his friends that SQ will not continue the contract once the cabin crew hit 27 or 28. Is that true? Anyone can verify this?

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 7:36 pm

@woohoo02: i thought that if your blood pressure was high, the clinic would notify you right after the first medical check up? your friend had to wait 2 weeks?

drumx

Post by drumx » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 8:13 pm

highon75 wrote:
drumx wrote:
highon75 wrote:Hi,

in that case, if I will only get my diploma next Apr, do i state my highest qualification as diploma/O-levels?
If you do not have a Diploma yet then put your next highest Qualification.
Which would be O levels...
but I'll be getting my diploma in due course, just not formally presented. Do I just state whatever I have currently?
If you have completed the course, you should receive a letter indicating that you have completed the course and will be awarded with a diploma in due, just present that letter to back your qualification.

If you are still doing the course and yet to complete, just state O levels.
Keep Moving Forward!!!

woohoo02

Post by woohoo02 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 9:29 pm

@reneme: I don't have the answer to your question but may I know when did you receive the email and when is your training date? Did you go for the 25th September interview?

@limmy_85: Yes, he only got the call 2 days ago. He went to medical check up together with me on the 28th September. He had to go back yesterday for a second blood pressure check and was told it's not normal. He was asked to come back again this Friday for another check up and if it's still high, he'd be referred to a Mount Elizabeth to find out the cause. And that would be under his own expense. I hope everything would be fine for him. He's shocked by it cause no previous known abnormalities. Or maybe he's just nervous during the check up.

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 1:05 am

i also checked my mail everyday. cant remember when did i go for my medical check up.

but today mailbox checked. clear.

im so nervous. anw i alrdy tender my resignation cause i want to have a break first. super nervous. i hope my broken arm aint giving me any unnecessary prob

oops, just checked. i went medical on 20th sept!

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:30 am

@woohoo02: the first time they checked my blood pressure, it was high and the doctor asked me to come back a few hours later cause she said i was nervous. the second time they checked, the doctor asked me to take a few deep breaths to calm down and my blood pressure returned to normal..luckily......ask your friend to calm down, take a few deep breaths, close his eyes and think of the ocean when the doctor is taking his blood pressure, it helps a lot..well, at least it helped me passed..

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:34 am

@darkchoco: 20th sep? which interview did you go to? or did you write in?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 2:17 pm

highon75 wrote:Dear All,
Personally, I feel that this doesn't give the common connotation w SIA Girls, "Singapore Girls", any meaning anymore.
What's wrong with that? There was a time when 40% of the cabin crew were Malaysians and they have always had staff from various countries and different ethicities.

Poiseathena

6 nov SIA interview

Post by Poiseathena » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 6:14 pm

Who wanna go for the SIA interview together on 6 nov ?

woohoo02

Post by woohoo02 » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 6:22 pm

@limmy_85: Thanks! I'll inform him. :D