Singapore Expats

Good part-time maid?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
lullullull

Good part-time maid?

Post by lullullull » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:42 pm

Just trying our luck here as we are looking for a trustworthy part-time maid to clean our house and do the laundry, 2 days a week.

We are staying near East Coast, any recommendations are welcome!

Cheers!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 3:19 pm

There are a number of cleaning services listed in the links page in my signature below. Centre column near the top.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Re: Good part-time maid?

Post by x9200 » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 7:47 pm

lullullull wrote:Just trying our luck here as we are looking for a trustworthy part-time maid to clean our house and do the laundry, 2 days a week.

We are staying near East Coast, any recommendations are welcome!

Cheers!
Depends what you mean by trustworthy - whether they will steal something from you or abuse your trust any similar way - I think vast majority is trustworthy. If you mean service quality - it is generally poor.

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:34 pm

Why do you say that the service quality is poor ? Also, if the Singaporean cleaners are going to steal something then I think they are crazy. I really wonder why they would want to steal and get in trouble.

For your information, my neighbour does silly things to test his part timer, one of them ,let me share it with you. He leaves few hundreds of US dollars on the book shelves and some coins ,when he leaves for work.

His maid comes in just in time when he leaves and she cleans the house and go.This was initially but when he realised that she never touches the money,he was happy.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:01 pm

Because their service quality is poor. They clean to clean not to get the things clean. Not sure why the information about some ritual habits of your neighbour should be of my interest but if this will help you somehow feel free to expand this topic.

Adventure Traveler

Post by Adventure Traveler » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:33 am

What is up with all of the maid agencies (part-time) charging Westerners agency fees? I contacted 10 agencies from the forum. All of them wanted a finder's fee ranging from $50 to $200. The agencies apply the fee even with a referral.

I asked my coworker who is a local, she said that does not apply for locals. :x

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:21 pm

Same thing happens when you go to the wetmarket to shop. Get used to it. There are two different standards here. If you are an expat and look like it. You will be invariably be charged more and/or ripped off. Welcome to the nation of double standards where all are not created equal and those who look like there were created a little more equal than others is a target to help those lesser off get up there themselves. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LindaJ

Post by LindaJ » Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:51 pm

Any reliable agency to recommend? I will require some help in 2 - 3 weeks' time.

niceday0706

referral for part-time cleaner

Post by niceday0706 » Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:38 am

I personally know a part-time cleaner, she's quite harworking and has beening working as part-time clearner for years.

She's chinese speaking, if you do not mind that, you may PM me, am helping her to find more jobs.

[email protected]

call: 8166 7535

princessminnie

Post by princessminnie » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:01 pm

I engaged an agent RINA (90547595) who provides me part-time cleaners three weeks ago, I found her online as she claimed that she doesn't charge any agent fees. she promised me all her girls are very responsible, but two of them who promised me would come to work for me, just simply not showing on that appointment day, never replied sms nor answered my calls. and the third one came on week 3, A myanmar Lady called Sandar, for 4 hours she only cleaned 2 rooms floor and furniture. left all bathrooms, balcony, kitchen and living room floor and furniture unattended. My home is only 1200 sqf. and I dont even have lots of furnitures to clean with. I didn't know what she was doing in my Master bedroom for the first 2 hours. I heard no Vacuum sound, when I opened the door, the floor was not even mopped.

The next two hours, I was there teaching her how to clean my furniture without leaving water streaks and also cleaning after her. After she left, I have to find all the cleaning kits in all rooms where she left, And I changed bed-sheet by myself. She even scratched my High Gloss Painted speakers with my vacuum cleaner! End up, I was the one doing Polishing for another hour.

It is more exhausting then I just do it by myself and no need to waste that 40 Dollars.

Even though, I still engaged her service for next week which she agreed happily on the spot. But evening she complained to her agent Rina that she would not like to work anymore. Is it because I asked her for a copy of her Dependent Pass? Who knows.

Anyway, I stay at East Coast area, near Parkway Parade.

Anyone who interested in working twice a week at 2 hours per session or once a week, 3 hours session are welcome.

But must work with care and have knowledge on Veneer and High Gloss Painted Furniture.

Please PM me if anyone has good recommendations.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 1:04 pm

princessminnie wrote:Anyone who interested in working twice a week at 2 hours per session or once a week, 3 hours session are welcome.

But must work with care and have knowledge on Veneer and High Gloss Painted Furniture.
$S10/h (if I understood correctly) is close to a bottom and very unlikely anybody would like to come over for 2-3h only. Afterall they have to get to your place what also costs some money. Having said that do not count on the knowledge and skills even if the price is higher and timing more convenient. You have to teach them practically everything what is ok if works and they have no attitude problems. Unfortunately I can not recommend any good one as I yet have to find such.

niceday0706

Post by niceday0706 » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 2:41 pm

princessminnie wrote:I engaged an agent RINA (90547595) who provides me part-time cleaners three weeks ago, I found her online as she claimed that she doesn't charge any agent fees. she promised me all her girls are very responsible, but two of them who promised me would come to work for me, just simply not showing on that appointment day, never replied sms nor answered my calls. and the third one came on week 3, A myanmar Lady called Sandar, for 4 hours she only cleaned 2 rooms floor and furniture. left all bathrooms, balcony, kitchen and living room floor and furniture unattended. My home is only 1200 sqf. and I dont even have lots of furnitures to clean with. I didn't know what she was doing in my Master bedroom for the first 2 hours. I heard no Vacuum sound, when I opened the door, the floor was not even mopped.

The next two hours, I was there teaching her how to clean my furniture without leaving water streaks and also cleaning after her. After she left, I have to find all the cleaning kits in all rooms where she left, And I changed bed-sheet by myself. She even scratched my High Gloss Painted speakers with my vacuum cleaner! End up, I was the one doing Polishing for another hour.

It is more exhausting then I just do it by myself and no need to waste that 40 Dollars.

Even though, I still engaged her service for next week which she agreed happily on the spot. But evening she complained to her agent Rina that she would not like to work anymore. Is it because I asked her for a copy of her Dependent Pass? Who knows.

Anyway, I stay at East Coast area, near Parkway Parade.

Anyone who interested in working twice a week at 2 hours per session or once a week, 3 hours session are welcome.

Please PM me if anyone has good recommendations.
i can't use the pm function, i know this clean and hearworking chinese lady (chinese speaking). you can email me [email protected] or call her directly saying Miss chen introduce you to her.