Singapore Expats

Question on P2 EP and PEP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nosuchthing

Question on P2 EP and PEP

Post by nosuchthing » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 9:27 am

Hi all, I currently reside in Perth, Australia. I am a Certified Financial Planner with nearly 9 years experience.

I'm trying to move to Singapore to work and have had a preliminary interview with a company in Singapore which is looking promising but to move forward:

1. The company advised I need to be a PR to be a licensed Financial Planner in Singapore.
But to apply for EP and PR I need to be sponsored? Is this correct?
Unless I apply for PEP in which case I need to earn at least $7,000 in the last 6 months. Do they actually check this information?

I'm just wondering what my options are to move to Singapore because 9 out of 10 times I apply for a job in Singapore, it says "Singaporean citizens or PR only". But to get PR you need sponsorship.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Phil

:???:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Question on P2 EP and PEP

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 9:51 am

nosuchthing wrote:Hi all, I currently reside in Perth, Australia. I am a Certified Financial Planner with nearly 9 years experience.

I'm trying to move to Singapore to work and have had a preliminary interview with a company in Singapore which is looking promising but to move forward:

1. The company advised I need to be a PR to be a licensed Financial Planner in Singapore.
But to apply for EP and PR I need to be sponsored? Is this correct?

Not exactly. EP is thru MOM www.mom.gov.sg and PR is thru ICA. www.ica.gov.sg. Two different agencies.
To gain employment go to MOM website , read and absorb.
There are few ways i.e EP , PEP , LPR(Landed PR thru www.smc.gov.sg)
If you got your AIP(Approved in Principle) EP then you can come over to look for a job . There are two part on this process. Firstly to get AIP which you have to proof that you are qualified. Secondly your future employer must convince MOM that your expertise is needed and getting local or PR is not available which is kind of difficult to convince MOM

Unless I apply for PEP in which case I need to earn at least $7,000 in the last 6 months. Do they actually check this information?

Yes, your current salary from your employer will be vetted

I'm just wondering what my options are to move to Singapore because 9 out of 10 times I apply for a job in Singapore, it says "Singaporean citizens or PR only". But to get PR you need sponsorship.

To apply PR you need to live here or apply thru LPR as said above. Based on current situation on the political landscape where Foreign Talent is not welcome sentiment, going thru LPR may take longer than you realise and chances of getting approved is minus ten to zero. You can try though but be prepared for rejection
Working here for a number for years then apply for PR will be the traditional way to go

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Phil

:???:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nosuchthing

Post by nosuchthing » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:23 am

I think PEP maybe the way to go then and provide supporting evidence with the application.

Hmmm...