Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 7:37 am

woohoo02 wrote:@limmy_85: Yes, my availability is 3 months too, December 2010 and have yet to receive any call. But I'm expecting bad news cause I had to go for an additional scan and the doctor said my thyroid is pretty big.

I hope it's nothing. But I keep telling myself it's bad news so if its really bad news, I won't be very devastated. But if everything works out, yea, we could be batch mates. =)
woohoo...everything ok de lar.. since you alr pass the interview... congraz... :)

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:19 am

@lena_teoh: thanks..yup, i went for the 25 sep interview...

@woohoo02: i've heard that if the notice period is 3 months, they'll take a while to call us, probably end oct or nov? so at the mean time, no news is good news =).. each time my phone rings, my heart beats faster..

gallenlim2002

Post by gallenlim2002 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:54 am

lena_teoh wrote:
mushroom88 wrote:
lena_teoh wrote: daphydysis also asking... want go together or not?
hey yea let's go together :)
yaya... then we can meet up with daphydysis and go together :)
What time will you all be going? Cause i will be going to fr the interview... Can i join

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:39 pm

limmy_85 wrote:@lena_teoh: thanks..yup, i went for the 25 sep interview...

@woohoo02: i've heard that if the notice period is 3 months, they'll take a while to call us, probably end oct or nov? so at the mean time, no news is good news =).. each time my phone rings, my heart beats faster..
me too... but unsuccessful in 3rd round (skin check).. I dont know the reason also. Just heard the gal annource i was the unsuccessful one :(

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:41 pm

gallenlim2002 wrote:
lena_teoh wrote:
mushroom88 wrote: hey yea let's go together :)
yaya... then we can meet up with daphydysis and go together :)
What time will you all be going? Cause i will be going to fr the interview... Can i join
gallenlim: Sure, u can join. I n Daphne will meet at Orchard MRT.

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:44 pm

hyori wrote:Hey guys..i went 2nd medical check up for scholiois. And i still got in! recieve a call from mary today and a confirmation email.I change my notice period of 3 mths to immediate by writing them a letter and they call me the next day.

My training would be on 21 oct.anyone too?

Good luck for those trying on 6 nov!
Congraz...hyori..u are attended the walk in interview on 25/Sep right? so fast can start the training :) We still need to work hard on 6 Nov.

woohoo02

Post by woohoo02 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 1:58 pm

@lena_teoh: Thanks but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet until they call and tell me my training date. Cause for the additional scan, the doctor said my thyroid is pretty big which is not a good thing. For the medical check-up, thyroid was the first thing the doctor checked so that must be an important aspect. Anyway, good luck to you. :D For the skin check, it depends on who's checking on your skin too. I don't have perfect skin but I made it through. Another guy I met had similar skin as mine but didn't make it through.

@limmy_85: Yea, my heart beats faster too when the phone rings. I always put my phone to silent but had to make it an exception this time until I get the news. But during the briefing, the staff did say they'd call after a week, doesn't matter if we pass or fail the medical check-up. If it's good news, I don't mind the wait. I just can't be confident and carefree yet. Good luck to you. Update me when you get your call. :D

dydy

Post by dydy » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 3:19 pm

Does anyone have trouble sending in the application form?

Mine keep indicating failure to send due to some exceeding in database quota. :/

limmy_85

Post by limmy_85 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 4:04 pm

@woohoo02: yup, will keep you updated..hopefully we'll all pass =) keep me updated too..

Gemuk lama

Post by Gemuk lama » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 5:32 pm

dydy wrote:Does anyone have trouble sending in the application form?

Mine keep indicating failure to send due to some exceeding in database quota. :/
Yeah man! Facing the same problem. I have reduced the size of the application form hoping to squeeze thru mailbox but can't. Think someone has not been checking the inbox or clear the mailbox. So i think only left the walk in option.

lilme

email

Post by lilme » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:12 pm

hi does anyone know which other email can i get in contact with mary besides cabincrew_recrui........ thanks

isaachua

Re: Colour blind test?!

Post by isaachua » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:36 pm

:)
Last edited by isaachua on Mon, 11 Oct 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Thu, 07 Oct 2010 7:54 am

[quote="woohoo02"]@lena_teoh: Thanks but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet until they call and tell me my training date. Cause for the additional scan, the doctor said my thyroid is pretty big which is not a good thing. For the medical check-up, thyroid was the first thing the doctor checked so that must be an important aspect. Anyway, good luck to you. :D For the skin check, it depends on who's checking on your skin too. I don't have perfect skin but I made it through. Another guy I met had similar skin as mine but didn't make it through.

Woohoo02: anyway u done it.. Again congraz to you... :)

gallenlim2002

Post by gallenlim2002 » Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:01 pm

lena_teoh wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:
lena_teoh wrote: yaya... then we can meet up with daphydysis and go together :)
gallenlim: Sure, u can join. I n Daphne will meet at Orchard MRT.
I cant join you all for the interview. Good luck to you all

gallenlim2002

Post by gallenlim2002 » Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:11 pm

dydy wrote:Does anyone have trouble sending in the application form?

I just send my resume to them..No problem with it.