Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gigi12345

Post by gigi12345 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:58 pm

@neeli
Thanks for the reply..

does anyone have any idea those training stewardess how many manage to pass their exam during trainingg??
Will there be a chance where they will get kick out cos they fail the exam??

becca87

Re: Interview on 6th Nov 2010

Post by becca87 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 1:38 pm

gallenlim2002 wrote:Hi anyone going for the SIA interview on 6th Nov 2010? Cause i will be going there alone. Hope to find wanna cabin crew friends to go along and meet up and go for interview together. Anyone interested?

Btw their Min. Education Requirement is 5 GCE 'O' Level.
As I only have ITC in Electronics Engineering (Higher NITEC) will they accept me? Anyone can give me answer on that.

hey for what i know u have to meet their min education requirements.. if u dun have o levels... dun think they will accept u... think u better go take o level bah.. o level also need working experience...

daphydysis

Post by daphydysis » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 1:44 pm

anyone going on 6 nov? i am new here , would love to try out for the interview , anyone wish to go together? :)

Gemuk lama

Post by Gemuk lama » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 1:52 pm

I'm going for the walk-in in Nov. Now 28 male. Still got chance or not?

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 2:54 pm

I'm wondering if I should try despite serving NS now.

gallenlim2002

Post by gallenlim2002 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 3:38 pm

becca87 wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:Hi anyone going for the SIA interview on 6th Nov 2010? Cause i will be going there alone. Hope to find wanna cabin crew friends to go along and meet up and go for interview together. Anyone interested?

As I only have ITC in Electronics Engineering (Higher NITEC) will they accept me? Anyone can give me answer on that.

hey for what i know u have to meet their min education requirements.. if u dun have o levels... dun think they will accept u... think u better go take o level bah.. o level also need working experience...

But mine ITC Cert is higher then o level....coz i can sign on for police few yrs back so shld nt b a problem bah...

becca87

Post by becca87 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 9:08 pm

gallenlim2002 wrote:
becca87 wrote:

But mine ITC Cert is higher then o level....coz i can sign on for police few yrs back so shld nt b a problem bah...

is it? i'm not sure though. i'm dipolma holder. cos a lot of ppl from higher nitec r also asking. but i dun think can. cos it is stated black and white on the website that they want o levels wif working experience/dipolma/degree. but u can go and try if u want to. dunno whether they will accept or not. based on my understanding, dun think they will accept cos if they want higher nitec, it is already written on the website explaining very clearly.....unless u can prove me otherwise.

mushroom88

Post by mushroom88 » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 9:20 pm

I'll be going for the 6nov interview, anyone wanna go together? :)

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:54 pm

can anyone share the topics given during the management round?

did any underweight girls get through e medical round?

vanessachau

Post by vanessachau » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:42 pm

dyeo wrote:can anyone share the topics given during the management round?

did any underweight girls get through e medical round?
My group was asked to talk about F1... The pros and cons.. 6 of us were divided into two teams and my team was to talk about the cons of it.. The interview was pretty interesting.. U will introduce your partners and read a passage as well.. The Interviewers were being very friendly and humorous.. Try to Enjoy yourself if u manage to get into the management round!

My teammates were pretty skinny and they all got thru.. In fact, my whole team, 6 of us got thru the management round! Important tip is to enjoy knowing more about your team members and make friends with them sincerely.. It helps!

yan84

Post by yan84 » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:24 am

i dun have O levels but i have diploma in childhood education.. isit possible?

vanessachau

Post by vanessachau » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:32 am

yan84 wrote:i dun have O levels but i have diploma in childhood education.. isit possible?
During the checking of certs round, they will only ask for your highest qualification certificate to verify... So i think w/o "O" levels is fine! (^.^)

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 1:06 am

vanessachau wrote:
yan84 wrote:i dun have O levels but i have diploma in childhood education.. isit possible?
During the checking of certs round, they will only ask for your highest qualification certificate to verify... So i think w/o "O" levels is fine! (^.^)
it depends whether they recognise ur cert. if is frm poly then no problem. 5 o level have to be accompanied with relevant experience. good luck!

kenzo_rev

Post by kenzo_rev » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 2:52 am

anyone has the H R number? is there anyway for me to contact Mary?

lena_teoh

Post by lena_teoh » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 7:37 am

daphydysis wrote:anyone going on 6 nov? i am new here , would love to try out for the interview , anyone wish to go together? :)
Yaya... I want go also... This is ur first time?