Singapore Expats

In principle PEP approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pashsg

In principle PEP approval

Post by pashsg » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:54 pm

hi,

I have applied to PEP from outside of Singapore. I barely qualify the $7000 monthly salary criteria. This is the first time I have applied for anything in Singapore and thus I dont have FIN.

My question is , if and when my local contact gets 'In principle approval for PEP' , he is going to send it to me.

Is that In Principle Approval letter sufficient to enter into Singapore ? OR I would also need a Separate visa to enter in Singapore ?

thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:58 pm

Depends on which country you are coming from. If you are required to have a visa to visit Singapore you will still need to obtain one.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pashsg

Post by pashsg » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:13 pm

I am coming from USA but I have Indian passport. This is one of the countries listed on checkpt Authority, to require a visa.

In that situation, which type of visa should I obtain ? a visitor visa or business visa ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:09 am

As you are an Indian National, it doesn't matter what country you are departing from or what kind of visa you hold in that country, you will be requied to obtain a visa to enter Singapore. However, they may make allowances if you have your AIP with you but you will have to apply first.

http://app.mfa.gov.sg/generator/asppage ... isaApp.asp
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:11 am

You need to apply for a visitor visa