Singapore Expats

pr appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sanu

pr appeal

Post by sanu » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 4:11 pm

i am a singapore pr and my salary is not under taxable bracket. I applied for my husband's pr which was rejected. I sent letter from the MP for reconsideration. after almost 6 months of sending the letter the ICA asked for additional documents mainly salary statements for me and my husband.

My husband was not working at the time of appeal but is currently working with a Q pass. ICA had asked for 6 months salary slips but since he was only into 4th month of his employment we submitted 3 months pay slips.
It has been two months since submission of additional documents. I called to check the status of the application they say its under processing.
Should i submit the additional 3 months of pay slips when they become available .

Please advice, thanks.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah do that if it adds up to his appeal. For process and reply it may take longer than you might expect. Response can be from One or Two Years from date of application. Keep your day job and do not job hop as these might back fired against you
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Re: pr appeal

Post by x9200 » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 8:34 am

sanu wrote:ICA had asked for 6 months salary slips but since he was only into 4th month of his employment we submitted 3 months pay slips.

Did you include to the appeal an explanation note why 3 slips only?

It has been two months since submission of additional documents. I called to check the status of the application they say its under processing.
Should i submit the additional 3 months of pay slips when they become available .

Please advice, thanks.
Probably yes, more importantly give them written reasons why did you fail to do this the time they requested it (if you did).

sanu

Post by sanu » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 3:05 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Yeah do that if it adds up to his appeal. For process and reply it may take longer than you might expect. Response can be from One or Two Years from date of application. Keep your day job and do not job hop as these might back fired against you
just wondering when you say one or two years is it from time of appeal or initial application.

thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:28 pm

sanu wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Yeah do that if it adds up to his appeal. For process and reply it may take longer than you might expect. Response can be from One or Two Years from date of application. Keep your day job and do not job hop as these might back fired against you
just wondering when you say one or two years is it from time of appeal or initial application.

thanks
Both can take the same time..

Shola Ultimate

Post by Shola Ultimate » Sun, 03 Oct 2010 11:09 pm

to add to this thread... I would like to know as to how to connect to MP?

I mean attending any particular events, etc

would appreciate ideas/suggestions.
NZ

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:22 am

Shola Ultimate wrote:to add to this thread... I would like to know as to how to connect to MP?

I mean attending any particular events, etc

would appreciate ideas/suggestions.
Check in your locality, when the Meet the people session is conducted. That is the meeting where the residents of Singapore (citizens and PR) can meet the Member of Parliament of your locality to seek for help and advises. In some cases foreigners can also meet the MP for advises.