Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lilme

Post by lilme » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:14 am

Marylai wrote:
lilme wrote: yeah i dont get it as well.. :( but she said i look fat in the kabaya .. so i guess i really gotta lose weight :(
Hey,

I don't think you should try to lose weight anymore. Based on your height and weight, you are perfectly healthy. It could just be that the kebaya does not flatter your body shape. I would say just try again another time. Another interviewer might not have an issue with your looks at all.

Or you could just join a less fascist airline.

yeah i guess ill just go back for another review hoping there would be a change of interviewer :) hhhas ! :D

highon75

Post by highon75 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 9:21 am

@ vanessachau:
Thanks for your help! *grateful*

@lilme
you should try again. i doubt you are fat in any case. im your weight and standing at 163cm. it's not worth losing so much weight and risk your health for this job
C'est La Vie

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:24 am

anyone has done a write-in before and been successful? care to share sme details on how it went and its procedures?

and any crew who would like to share their experience on how they managed to get through the different rounds? and my concern-height round!

tks in advance :)
mandy ")

neelie

Post by neelie » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:15 pm

@gigi12345

i had childhood asthma at 3 and still cleared my medical. the key thing is to declare and if the condition does not affect your work, it would be fine. M called me 3 days after i finished my medical..

@vanesschau
the review process i went through, we had a batch of 10 people. then we got dressed in kebaya and went into a room individually to be assessed. inside the room, i was told to smile and they asked me a few questions. Then they looked at my face cos i had a chicken pox mark on my face. The whole process is less than 5mins.

waited for 1 month for M to call us back for review. all hopes were gone until the phone call. so pls pray hard.

@lilme
i would say they want people who physically looked proportionate. i'm 168 n 49kg. and look nice in the kebaya.

a tip would be to bring a small mirror to check on urself for kebaya round. increase ur self confidence in kebaya before u see the interviewers. they can sense if u have low self confidence in kebaya. this helps to increase ur chances of getting in.

i hope these info help! =)

Marylai

Post by Marylai » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:19 pm

mandyswts33 wrote:anyone has done a write-in before and been successful? care to share sme details on how it went and its procedures?

and any crew who would like to share their experience on how they managed to get through the different rounds? and my concern-height round!

tks in advance :)
Dear mandyswts3,

I have done a write in once 2 years backs. I am not sure if the procedures have changed, but if you don't mind hearing then I don't mind sharing.

As you know, you have to send in a cover letter and resume and a recent photo of yourself. After you get shortlisted, you will be given a date and time to go down to STC for the interview.

Upon getting to STC, the interviews are very similar to the walk-ins. I was in a group of ten for self introduction and was asked to share 2 accounts of exemplary customer service. 8 from my group were kicked out. Me and another girl were brought to the kebaya fitting. Unfortunately, this was also where I got kicked out. :(

That was probably based on the old format. The current format is:
• Mass introduction
• Height and weight check
• Educational cert check
• Group memory game/1 on 1 interview
• Skin Check
• Management Round
• Kebaya Fitting + another skin check

I haven't done a write in since then. I know my sharing is quite useless, but I hope it helps a tiny bit! :)

vanessachau

Post by vanessachau » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:53 pm

neelie wrote:@gigi12345

i had childhood asthma at 3 and still cleared my medical. the key thing is to declare and if the condition does not affect your work, it would be fine. M called me 3 days after i finished my medical..

@vanesschau
the review process i went through, we had a batch of 10 people. then we got dressed in kebaya and went into a room individually to be assessed. inside the room, i was told to smile and they asked me a few questions. Then they looked at my face cos i had a chicken pox mark on my face. The whole process is less than 5mins.

waited for 1 month for M to call us back for review. all hopes were gone until the phone call. so pls pray hard.
Wao... That was a long wait!! oh my... thank you anyway... If they didnt call, can i still go for the 6th of Nov interview?

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:11 pm

Marylai wrote:
Dear mandyswts3,

I have done a write in once 2 years backs. I am not sure if the procedures have changed, but if you don't mind hearing then I don't mind sharing.

As you know, you have to send in a cover letter and resume and a recent photo of yourself. After you get shortlisted, you will be given a date and time to go down to STC for the interview.

Upon getting to STC, the interviews are very similar to the walk-ins. I was in a group of ten for self introduction and was asked to share 2 accounts of exemplary customer service. 8 from my group were kicked out. Me and another girl were brought to the kebaya fitting. Unfortunately, this was also where I got kicked out. :(

That was probably based on the old format. The current format is:
• Mass introduction
• Height and weight check
• Educational cert check
• Group memory game/1 on 1 interview
• Skin Check
• Management Round
• Kebaya Fitting + another skin check

I haven't done a write in since then. I know my sharing is quite useless, but I hope it helps a tiny bit! :)
@Marylai

Thanks for your piece of info Marylai :) It's definately not useless, every information we get here would help! But from what I see, Write-ins seems more intimidating compared to walk-ins. And the next interview dates are out already, that was indeed fast!
mandy ")

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:14 pm

vanessachau wrote:
Wao... That was a long wait!! oh my... thank you anyway... If they didnt call, can i still go for the 6th of Nov interview?
hi vanessachau, maybe you can give it a shot if no calls yet or you can try dropping them a mail?
mandy ")

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:15 pm

Any petite sized ladies out there who got through lately? anyone slightly below 158cm to share experiences?

**worried!!!* :?
mandy ")

Marylai

Post by Marylai » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:18 pm

@mandyswts33, if you're keen, you should go for the walk-ins. I was privileged to have met many nice and interesting people while go through my interviews.

Speaking of which, everyone I know who has the same start date as me have already received their calls except me. I think I am out. Probably failed some aspect of my medical exam. :(

What a bummer! :cry:

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 3:08 pm

@mandyswts33, I pmed you! wanna try the nov interview together?

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 4:47 pm

@Marylai

Thanks! :) and don't worry. I've heard that those who got calls sooner was only because they failed medical. Just keep checking yr e-mails you might get your reply soon. and maybe it could also be because of your date availability you stated on the interview :wink:
mandy ")

mandyswts33

Post by mandyswts33 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 4:56 pm

Lele2626 wrote:@mandyswts33, I pmed you! wanna try the nov interview together?
hello lele2626, i didn't get any pm from you :? and yes we can try the interview together:) I just need someone to share their experiences!! That'll really be great....anyone out there? :???:
mandy ")

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:24 am

I went for medical on tues and Mary called me up two days later to inform
I cleared! Very fast. I should be starting on the 11th nov. Anyone else in the same batch? ;)

kenzo_rev

Post by kenzo_rev » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 4:03 am

I went for my medical on 27 sep and my training date is on 14 oct but i have not receive any call yet! Most of the peers that i got to know during the interview already got their call from mary just within a week. is there anyone facing the same problem? im a smoker for many years, is it possible for the doc to see from xray? it seen to me that 2 weeks waiting period no longer apply, do i still stand any chance? im really worry!