Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
purrrie

Post by purrrie » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 1:12 am

neelie wrote:@purrrie

the review is stricter compared to normal kebaya round done by one staff.

it is done by 3 sia staff. no flood light for review round. self introduction, smile and 360 degree check on ur overall appearance..
@neelie

care to share 1. whr was your final review done at? hmmm..2. was there alot of girls gg for the review as well? 3. how long did it last?

what do u mean the normal kebaya round? are you referrring to the round which is conducted after height & weight during the interview process?

thanks for your thoughtful reply..=)

Marylai

Post by Marylai » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 1:20 am

Hey @purrrie,

Happy to share. I did the kebaya at another hotel (Royal Plaza on Scotts). It was together with management round the following day after the first rounds. So as @neelie said, the kebaya round is done by 3 staff in a room. They will ask you dress in a kebaya that fits. I had some problems finding. I was in a group with 5 other ladies. They had already finished their walk and I was still struggling cos I am a bit plump. Finally found one that fit, was asked to walk in sandals that were too small for me.

There is no flood lights for this round. Just normal room lighting. They asked me to bend forward, lift my kebaya to check my heels and ankles, check my neck; front and back, and lift fringe. She stared hard at my 2 zits. Hahah!

I had to go see management again in my kebaya before I was approved to go for medical. But not everyone had to go through that. I think I was a bit too plump, that's why. Still trying to slim down! I am 159 and weigh about 52kg, in case anyone wants to know.

Hope that helps. :lol:

purrrie

Post by purrrie » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 1:26 am

@marylai

hey yaa! wow thanks for your prompt reply..=)..

guessed you are sharing abt the checks from the hotel inter directly..

i m curious cos i have been called for back for a review..hmmmm..so i wonder whr will it be held..and what m i to expect.. :roll:

*sweats*

so r u also awaiting to be called back for a review?? i m kindda confused by your last sentence..ekekek..pardon me for being alil blur at this hour.. :oops:

fawnmich
Regular
Regular

Post by fawnmich » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 4:09 am

Hi for those who just went for the interview, did u happen to c anyone whose height is less den 1.58 being selected? How did they measure the height? Cos i heard some said tt if ur height is not 1.58, they wil asked u to try to reach a mark, if u able to reach den stil have e chance, is it true?

Katisdope

Post by Katisdope » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 9:21 am

Hi I'm new here but I've been following this thread since a long time ago. I manage to clear all rounds just last weekend and it's my 3rd try :) so those who didn't succeed keep on trying okay. You'll learnt something from each experience.

Btw doesn't anyone know when Mary will call after you're done with medical? I think the 2 weeks doesn't apply anymore right?

angelafatty

Post by angelafatty » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:34 am

purrrie wrote:@marylai

i m curious cos i have been called for back for a review..hmmmm..so i wonder whr will it be held..and what m i to expect.. :roll:

*sweats*

so r u also awaiting to be called back for a review?? i m kindda confused by your last sentence..ekekek..pardon me for being alil blur at this hour.. :oops:
when did you receive the call? cos one of the lady asked me to email back them once Im recovered from scars as they found I have a scar on my hand and I told them it will recover.

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:47 am

Hi people. I failed at the height checking round. She measured me 157.5 but refused to let me touch the red line. ): So i don't think that its true that those slightly less than 158cm will be asked to try and reach for the red line. I think that is for those around the 158cm range?

Anybody knows if I can still try for the interview at STC?

woohoo02

Post by woohoo02 » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 2:34 pm

Went for medical check up. Apparently I have this lump on my neck, thyroid related. Anyone been through the same? Would it affect the results? I'm hoping it's not serious. :(

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 3:28 pm

Katisdope wrote:Hi I'm new here but I've been following this thread since a long time ago. I manage to clear all rounds just last weekend and it's my 3rd try :) so those who didn't succeed keep on trying okay. You'll learnt something from each experience.

Btw doesn't anyone know when Mary will call after you're done with medical? I think the 2 weeks doesn't apply anymore right?
Hey babe, congratulations!

I got the call a bit more than 2 weeks after the medical check up. this is probably because my notice period is longer than the rest. those who are immed available got the call within days! i guess if u have a longer notice period they wont call you until they have slotted in the rest. also, i had to go for the scoliosis xray so maybe that was contributing to the wait. all the best!!

wanderwanderlust

Post by wanderwanderlust » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 3:52 pm

Hi peeps... I managed to clear all the rounds last weekend, and went for my medical today. But, during my medical check today, doctor spotted a tattoo on my lower back & she said she needs to declare it. (I saw her writing "tattoo" under the remarks column.

(I thought it’s not visible, thus i didn’t mentioned it on the application form).

Now that doctor declares it on the med report, will that affect my chances? Im feeling so unsettled now. It’s so near, yet so far.

Katisdope

Post by Katisdope » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 4:33 pm

@leaaah

Hee thank you! After the 2nd day interview they asked me to take the 11 oct slot first. So I hope they'll call within this week!! I have a scar on my thigh and the doctor scribbled something on the paper. Hopefully it doesn't affect anything :( finger cross* [/quote]

Colouredrainbow

Colour blind test?!

Post by Colouredrainbow » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 5:02 pm

can anyone help me with the colour blind test?! omg im going for the medical and i doub i can read the numbers!!! anyone noes what are the numbers on the book?

TIA

Marylai

Re: Colour blind test?!

Post by Marylai » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 5:44 pm

Colouredrainbow wrote:can anyone help me with the colour blind test?! omg im going for the medical and i doub i can read the numbers!!! anyone noes what are the numbers on the book?

TIA
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but you really should be not a crew if you are colourblind. The reason you cannot be colourblind because you need to be able to differentiate colours especially during emergency.

Safety always always always comes first.

However, if you are not, then you WILL definitely be able to read 99% of the numbers in the book. :wink:

Marylai

Post by Marylai » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 5:46 pm

woohoo02 wrote:Went for medical check up. Apparently I have this lump on my neck, thyroid related. Anyone been through the same? Would it affect the results? I'm hoping it's not serious. :(
I was asked to swallow quite a few times during the exam cos I have a large thyroid. I think it will be fine if your readings are normal. You need to have a normal heart rate and blood pressure reading.

Thyroid disorder can only be diagnosed through blood work.

Hope that helps!

Marylai

Post by Marylai » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 5:48 pm

purrrie wrote:@marylai

*sweats*

@purrrie, hey sorry! I think I misunderstood you! My bad. I don't have any second review, so I can't offer any useful tips. But I think you have already corrected the issue they flagged to you before going for your second review, you will be accepted.

All the best!