Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
IversonAng

Post by IversonAng » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 9:38 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
Jaslinegal wrote:
Pinkyice wrote: My nose used to feel this way too when I had it done with Dr Putt.
I won't say that it shake when I press it but rather, it can move when I push it and did not stick to the nose bone (only the top part of the implant).
But it's to be expected isn't it? I'm not sure...did you email Dr Chi and ask for his advice?
Hi Pinkyice, can I know for you how long does the nose settle down and not move? I am only 2weeks post op, I touch my nose everyday but still feels it moves. Rather anxious for it to be fixed. Also how do you tell if it's an extrusion? cos Dr Chi made my tip sharper with implant, so scared that i will have extrusion over time.
My nose didn't stop moving until I had the implant removed (if I remember correctly).
The part that moves, is it the upper part or lower part of the implant?
Extrusion will only happen from the tip of your nose, not above your nose (between the eyes).
But it's best to contact Dr Chi and ask for his advice.
mine one is the upper part of the implant,u removed ur implant and had a reoperation or wat?

janesimnila

Post by janesimnila » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:41 pm

hi guys,

i'm planning to get my nose done with Dr Chi and I hope someone can advise me how long it would take before I can return to work and apply makeup as my job requires me to do so .

thanks

IversonAng

Post by IversonAng » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 2:47 am

janesimnila wrote:hi guys,

i'm planning to get my nose done with Dr Chi and I hope someone can advise me how long it would take before I can return to work and apply makeup as my job requires me to do so .

thanks
3 weeks should be ok...

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 4:17 am

IversonAng wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:
Jaslinegal wrote: Hi Pinkyice, can I know for you how long does the nose settle down and not move? I am only 2weeks post op, I touch my nose everyday but still feels it moves. Rather anxious for it to be fixed. Also how do you tell if it's an extrusion? cos Dr Chi made my tip sharper with implant, so scared that i will have extrusion over time.
My nose didn't stop moving until I had the implant removed (if I remember correctly).
Extrusion will only happen from the tip of your nose, not above your nose (between the eyes).
mine one is the upper part of the implant,u removed ur implant and had a reoperation or wat?
Removed my implant and had a revision nose surgery in Korea last month.

Jaslinegal

Post by Jaslinegal » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:58 am

Pinkyice wrote:
Jaslinegal wrote:
Pinkyice wrote: My nose used to feel this way too when I had it done with Dr Putt.
I won't say that it shake when I press it but rather, it can move when I push it and did not stick to the nose bone (only the top part of the implant).
But it's to be expected isn't it? I'm not sure...did you email Dr Chi and ask for his advice?
Hi Pinkyice, can I know for you how long does the nose settle down and not move? I am only 2weeks post op, I touch my nose everyday but still feels it moves. Rather anxious for it to be fixed. Also how do you tell if it's an extrusion? cos Dr Chi made my tip sharper with implant, so scared that i will have extrusion over time.
It's the upper part, so when i pressed it, the bottom part will become tighter and dr chi made my tip sharper to slim down my big nose so i'm scared i will have extrusion. That's y i want to know what are the symptoms of extrusion before it's too late.. :?

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:06 am

quotes from addvark:

our natural cartilage is flexible, the silicone implant is also slightly flexible. it's not supposed to be tough like bone. if it's not crooked, it's not much to worry abt

coz i had the same worry before.. :)

Jaslinegal

Post by Jaslinegal » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 3:50 pm

Greenies wrote:quotes from addvark:

our natural cartilage is flexible, the silicone implant is also slightly flexible. it's not supposed to be tough like bone. if it's not crooked, it's not much to worry abt

Oh..thanks Greenies..at ease now.. :D

IversonAng

Post by IversonAng » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 7:36 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
IversonAng wrote:
Pinkyice wrote: My nose didn't stop moving until I had the implant removed (if I remember correctly).
so hows ur nose now?

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:27 pm

IversonAng wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:
IversonAng wrote: mine one is the upper part of the implant,u removed ur implant and had a reoperation or wat?
so hows ur nose now?
Great, recovering nicely.

IversonAng

Post by IversonAng » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:50 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
IversonAng wrote:
Pinkyice wrote: Removed my implant and had a revision nose surgery in Korea last month.
so hows ur nose now?
izit stable?or still moving?

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 1:23 am

IversonAng wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:
IversonAng wrote: so hows ur nose now?
izit stable?or still moving?
It feels stable to me but I am not pushing it to see if it'll move.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 6:48 pm

just remember.. with a silicon implant alone (no natural cartilage used for tip work), the only thing preventing the implant from extruding out is the thickness of your nasal skin.

I quote a medical journal on silicon nose jobs:
"complications such as infection and displacement or extrusion of the implant are substantially lower than might be expected on the basis of experience with augmentation of the White nose with solid implants."

"The reasons for increased tolerance of alloplastic implants in ethnic noses is unknown, but may be related to a greater thickness of skin and subcutaneous tissue in this population"

Ethnic meaning to say non-caucasians. it's important to note that the "substantially lower" is with comparison to caucasians getting silicon implants, which pretty much always has disastrous results with extremely high extrusion/complication rate.

by right, the implant is not supposed to feel mobile. if it is, that means the surgery wasn't done properly or the healing process wasn't optimal.

"Malposition of the prosthesis is the most common complication following augmentation rhinoplasty with alloplastic material. This generally occurs as a consequence of improper placement of the prostheses because of asymmetrical pocket dissection or uneven contraction of the pocket gradually displacing the prosthesis."

"The most important aspect of distal prosthesis fixation is shredding of the periosteum, encouraging this tissue to encapsulate the implant during the healing process. "

"Incorporation of the columellar strut into a precise columellar pocket helps insure that the prosthesis remains in the midline of the lobular region, stabilizing its proximal aspect.""

Nosiegirl

Post by Nosiegirl » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 8:49 pm

Are u trying to say its alright to feel the implant "shaking" when touched slightly after surgery?
How long since you did your nose job and does your implant still "shake" still when touched or feels unstable at this point of time?

daftjunk

Post by daftjunk » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:04 pm

Hi aadvark,

Appreciate if you can kindly add me to ur msn.. need to ask u something pls :D [email protected]

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:42 pm

Nosiegirl wrote:

Are u trying to say its alright to feel the implant "shaking" when touched slightly after surgery?
How long since you did your nose job and does your implant still "shake" still when touched or feels unstable at this point of time?
im 9 months post op. yes it still moves or rather flex when i push it. flex meaning when i push it to left it will go to the left and when let go it will go back to the position.
example when i push the nose tip from left to right.. the nose will look bended to the right then when let go it will go back become straight. same for the bridge in between eyes area. can feel the implant bend to the side when push then when let go it will go back to normal.
well.. i was worried at first.. but since advark says its normal n i feel normal so it should be normal? :lol: