Singapore Expats

Good indonesian maid

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
iberis

Good indonesian maid

Post by iberis » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 1:05 am

Hi all

I have a good Indonesian maid for transfer. Reason for transfer is she sign up for enrichment course with her community and have to take every sunday off which I cant afford since I need to work most of the weekend.

I wish to find her a good employer who can give her every sunday off. I can advice on how to do transfer paper as she is really good and i wish to her help without her paying agent.

Rgds,

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 7:32 am

You really have no compassion. One day a month off? You really ought not to be allowed to have a maid at all.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 8:48 am

I think she meant that both herself and the maid can not be at home on Sundays. Hopefully the maid has at least one weekday off outside weekend.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:09 am

x9200 wrote:I think she meant that both herself and the maid can not be at home on Sundays. Hopefully the maid has at least one weekday off outside weekend.
x9200,

Wanna bet? If it's an Indonesian maid, then it's doubtful that she's a christian so Sunday's should be no big deal. Friday's would be their Sunday equivalent. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:17 am

x9200 wrote:I think she meant that both herself and the maid can not be at home on Sundays. Hopefully the maid has at least one weekday off outside weekend.
No... in another thread were the OP is seeking a replacement for this maid, the OP states that she can only give off 1 day per month.

Like I said, she shouldn't be allowed a maid.

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 3:18 pm

oh no SE, they can't get a day off because they'll steal from us/mix with other maids and learn all the bad things!! they're sub-human anyway so don't need a day off, can survive on 2 packs of instant noodles a day and can't ever miss their family, that's why they're can't call home cause their job performance will suffer if they talk to their kids and miss them!! what's wrong with letter writing??? it'll only take 3 months for the letter to get to her family and maybe another 3 to get back... but make sure you send the letter to a person who speaks tagalog/bahasa to translate first in case she is sayiing anything bad about her employer!

oh, how could i forget, they have to automatically know how to cook singapore style food the minute they come! .

disclaimer: sorry for the rant, i frequent another forum where they openly discuss such things and have given up arguing with them on the abuse they are doing! just glad to find people of the same mindset here!! if you wanna see what i mean, read this: http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/2010/ ... maids.html --- that's the mindset! i know i know, i should just stop reading it but it's the masochist in me!

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 5:28 pm

^^^^^^

What a pathetic bunch on that website.

Got a looonnnngggggg way to go.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:11 am

patsy_sg wrote:oh no SE, they can't get a day off because they'll steal from us/mix with other maids and learn all the bad things!! they're sub-human anyway so don't need a day off, can survive on 2 packs of instant noodles a day and can't ever miss their family, that's why they're can't call home cause their job performance will suffer if they talk to their kids and miss them!! what's wrong with letter writing??? it'll only take 3 months for the letter to get to her family and maybe another 3 to get back... but make sure you send the letter to a person who speaks tagalog/bahasa to translate first in case she is sayiing anything bad about her employer!

oh, how could i forget, they have to automatically know how to cook singapore style food the minute they come! .

disclaimer: sorry for the rant, i frequent another forum where they openly discuss such things and have given up arguing with them on the abuse they are doing! just glad to find people of the same mindset here!! if you wanna see what i mean, read this: http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/2010/ ... maids.html --- that's the mindset! i know i know, i should just stop reading it but it's the masochist in me!

get a life.........really is that how u treat another human life............u are a shamelss individual who should be shot

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:39 pm

pstsy_sg, you will have to get a billboard for carlsum1986. Some could not see blatant sarcasm if it were printed on their forehead. I actually like your tongue-in-cheek response. Shame some cannot see it when it's sooooooo obvious.

Next time, use this:

Image :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:56 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
patsy_sg wrote:oh no SE, they can't get a day off because they'll steal from us/mix with other maids and learn all the bad things!! they're sub-human anyway so don't need a day off, can survive on 2 packs of instant noodles a day and can't ever miss their family, that's why they're can't call home cause their job performance will suffer if they talk to their kids and miss them!! what's wrong with letter writing??? it'll only take 3 months for the letter to get to her family and maybe another 3 to get back... but make sure you send the letter to a person who speaks tagalog/bahasa to translate first in case she is sayiing anything bad about her employer!

get a life.........really is that how u treat another human life............u are a shamelss individual who should be shot
I must apologies...I made a mistake and I thought that was her opinion when I missed the last part where she said that she was arguing against this....my sincere apologies....i redirect that line to ppl on that blog... :oops:

Loiret

Post by Loiret » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 4:15 pm

Hello - I am interested in your maid. We are a family of 4 (plus cat!) from England living in a 5 bedroomed house. We are looking for a helper who is a good cook and can do general housework and occaisionally look after the children who are 10 and 8. Do let me know if she is still available.

patsy_sg
Regular
Regular

Post by patsy_sg » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 5:26 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
I must apologies...I made a mistake and I thought that was her opinion when I missed the last part where she said that she was arguing against this....my sincere apologies....i redirect that line to ppl on that blog... :oops:
no worries... good thing I read SMS's reply first (scrolled up rather than down)

But serioulsy, this is an issue I feel very strongly about.... the treatment and the way they speak of maids (and any other non-Singaporeans) in general is appalling.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 8:20 pm

patsy_sg wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:
no worries... good thing I read SMS's reply first (scrolled up rather than down)

But serioulsy, this is an issue I feel very strongly about.... the treatment and the way they speak of maids (and any other non-Singaporeans) in general is appalling.
yes same opinion I have....

arougeron

Indonesian Maid wanted

Post by arougeron » Mon, 11 Oct 2010 2:19 pm

Hi I am interested in your maid please email me at [email protected]. Will give Sunday's off.

frenchymum

Post by frenchymum » Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:46 pm

Hi,

We are interested by your Indonesian maid.
Last edited by frenchymum on Sun, 07 Nov 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.