Singapore Expats

Genuine Query on SVP / DP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:17 am

And we wonder why the local population is fed up with "Foreign Talent"!

#-o ](*,) :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:38 am

What language was that mate. As I couldn't tell.

... you want to kin make it up as you go along. ok but at least it would be polite to warn us so we can pack our dictionaries.

This was the highly cleansed version of what I wished to say :)

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 6:18 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Which part of my post you do not understand or fail to comprehend or your eyes are failing you?
Yeah do that , declare as you HAVE BEEN DENIED ENTRY B4. !!!!!

You are so scared shit that you want me to hand hold you until the plane.
For crying out loud , if you still worried, sent an e-mail to ICA www.ica.gov.sg and asked them this question.
I give up !! If another forumer wishes to guide you be my guest.
I have failed you my son !!! :lol:

Just FYI only... not anticipating a resonse @ all...
The query was simple... maybe i failed to make the forum understand...
> IPA letter from MOM says "i have not denied entry before"
> DP form I filled says "refused entry due to current immigration policies"
> If I fill the D/E card "as refused entry"; will there be a conflict with the IPA letter that says "i have not denied entry" in the declaration part...

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 6:22 pm

JR8 wrote:
genuine_query wrote:
Saint wrote:Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the OP arriving first with his EP AIP letter. The spouse then arrivied later on a one way ticket and no proof that married to OP, insufficient funds, maybe arriving on a passport from a high risk country etc etc.

Almost correct... except that the ticket was 2-way (coz, he was traveling for the first time, hence unaware of pre-pone of the ticket and insufficient funds also adds)
Definitely, Not a high-risk country
WTF does 'pre-pone' mean.

If you're going to seek serious advice on serious matters, at least do it in terms that make sense and do not make you out as some fool!

F***** pre-pone is used in Indian sub-continent as an antonym for post-pone... blame the geography !!
NO ADVICE REQD... 'WAS' looking for suggestions only !!
Just FYI only... No response reqd !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 6:25 pm

genuine_query wrote:
Just FYI only... not anticipating a resonse @ all...
The query was simple... maybe i failed to make the forum understand...
> IPA letter from MOM says "i have not denied entry before"
> DP form I filled says "refused entry due to current immigration policies"
> If I fill the D/E card "as refused entry"; will there be a conflict with the IPA letter that says "i have not denied entry" in the declaration part...
The IPA is from MOM. The DE is from ICA there is NOT A SINGLE BLOODY Conflict.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 6:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And we wonder why the local population is fed up with "Foreign Talent"!

Guess 'expats' are not open enough to accept the 'Foreign Talent' !! :cry:
personal perception: local population is very helpful... Got some serious suggestions for serious concerns...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:45 pm

genuine_query wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:And we wonder why the local population is fed up with "Foreign Talent"!

personal perception: local population is very helpful... Got some serious suggestions for serious concerns...
Talent we can accept. In fact we welcome it. Unfortunately, not all applicants actually display talent, only pieces of paper which means they may have bought the degree or the quality of the degree leaves much to be desired and may possibly not even be on the gahmen's list of approved universities.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 21 Sep 2010 2:30 am

genuine_query wrote:

I can reassure you my son, you have no problems! Welcome to Singapore :lol:

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:26 am

hey folks...

just wanted to keep you posted that the entry was smooth for both my spouse and for me...

thanks everyone for making this thread positive...

accept my apologies in parallel if i have reacted with frustrations !!

on the way to collect our EP / DP respectively...

Cheers !!

Note: Response is not required from those who had not followed this thread.

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Everybody !!

Update on the same thread...

ICA had no worries and we entered the country !!
At MOM.... While collecting the DP, I had to voluntarily inform them about 'the refused entry' though they were ready to close the file 'as is'

We were asked to cancel the current DP and re-apply again... (with the refused entry declaration)
Accordingly, Requested my employer to do the same... however, to my surprise... the DP was rejected within an hour of uploading the new application!

Now, questions running in my mind:
> what would be the duration of the stay?
> why was the DP rejected, while I have collected my EP without any hurdles?
> should we (my employer) be appealing this ? what is the process?
> what is the next step that i need to take on this?

Kindly throw some more light on this... any light on this is appreciated !

Warm Regards

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 2:04 am

genuine_query wrote:Hi Everybody !!

Update on the same thread...

ICA had no worries and we entered the country !!
At MOM.... While collecting the DP, I had to voluntarily inform them about 'the refused entry' though they were ready to close the file 'as is'

We were asked to cancel the current DP and re-apply again... (with the refused entry declaration)
Accordingly, Requested my employer to do the same... however, to my surprise... the DP was rejected within an hour of uploading the new application!

Now, questions running in my mind:
> what would be the duration of the stay?
> why was the DP rejected, while I have collected my EP without any hurdles?
> should we (my employer) be appealing this ? what is the process?
> what is the next step that i need to take on this?

Kindly throw some more light on this... any light on this is appreciated !

Warm Regards

You may request your employer to appeal on your behalf saying that the declaration was wrong and you corrected it again ? Also please note to add in that your spouse was deported due to lack of funds to show immediately and not due to any other reason. Please make this stronger in the appeal. Also if possible attach financial support documents to prove that you can support both of your stay in Singapore. Also attach the marriage certificate if you feel it is ok. May be an automated system rejected it when the deported option was selected - First level of basic checks?

Process:

Employer only can appeal on your behalf for your spouse DP. If your employer is ok then your employer and you can meet a duty officer at MOM and explain the issue to them and then submit a appeal letter with supporting document. or else ask them to write a strong letter of support for the DP and also attach the supporting documents and submit them at the MOM. It will take 3-5 weeks for the review of appeal cases.

During entry into Singapore, since your spouse entered on a DP to be issued she would have entered on a SVP. Now the validity of the stay in SG would = validity of the SVP days stamped in the passport and the Disembarkation card. Please check that..Would vary from 14-30 days..

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:13 am

Thanks for the response.... singaporeflyer !!

I am assuming that the following documents can support an appeal along with the strong letter:

1. My current Offer letter (that shows my salary details)
2. Letter given by the ICA (that says refused entry due to current immigration policies)
3. Letter from my Employer sponsoring the DP
4. Marriage Certificate
5. DP's Degree certificate (a professional degree might add weight)

Kindly let me know if the above documents would suffice for an appeal...

Also, the current SVP is valid for two more weeks... If I have to extend it online, let me know when can I apply and extend the stay for a month more (the time bought will allow my spouse to stay with me...)

Thanks & Regards...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:08 am

genuine_query wrote:Thanks for the response.... singaporeflyer !!

I am assuming that the following documents can support an appeal along with the strong letter:

1. My current Offer letter (that shows my salary details)
2. Letter given by the ICA (that says refused entry due to current immigration policies)
3. Letter from my Employer sponsoring the DP
4. Marriage Certificate
5. DP's Degree certificate (a professional degree might add weight)

Kindly let me know if the above documents would suffice for an appeal...

Also, the current SVP is valid for two more weeks... If I have to extend it online, let me know when can I apply and extend the stay for a month more (the time bought will allow my spouse to stay with me...)

Thanks & Regards...
Hi, The most important thing is a letter from your employer and yourself stating that she was deported earlier only because of the lack of funds immediately and not for any other reason. Make this point polite and clear in the letter. If possible attach her educational and other certificates if that would add value.

Also add in that you can support her financially and your employer can also sponsor for her DP.

If possible meet face to face with the Duty officer at MOM with your employer. They won't allow for the employee to meet the MOM in this case unless there is a very specific need.

What was there on ICA letter? You applied for DP from MOM and ICA sent you the rejection letter?

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:13 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
genuine_query wrote:
What was there on ICA letter? You applied for DP from MOM and ICA sent you the rejection letter?
ICA Letter says
"This is to inform that you are refused entry into Singapore for
- being ineligible for the issue of a pass under current immigration policies"

After this, we applied DP and got approved (unfortunately, the declaration part did not include the refused entry) and we entered the country.
While, Finger-printing and registration... I voluntarily popped a query (trusting honesty would always be good) for which MOM advised us to cancel this existing one and re-apply a new application...

New Application got rejected (Slight regret for being honest now...)

Though I am confident that the appeal (still relying on the honesty) will work out as my spouse was not refused due to any 'wrong-doing' !! However, Would want my spouse to stay with me till the DP gets approved...

genuine_query

Post by genuine_query » Wed, 27 Oct 2010 1:17 pm

DP Saga continues...

Submitted an appeal to the MOM along with a strong support letter and relevant documents !
Awaiting for the reply from MoM....

During this time, DP's SVP entry expires end of this month....

Kindly let me know the chances of extending the SVP (1st extension after 30 days) online...

Suggestions invited...

Thanks in anticipation.