Singapore Expats

Recruiters specializing in game industry?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Jonomo

Recruiters specializing in game industry?

Post by Jonomo » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:24 pm

Hello
I'll be moving to Singapore at the end if this year. I have over five years of Experience in the game industry in the US and Asia. I was hoping to find a recruiter who specializes in the game industry in Sinapore. Please let me know if anyone knows of any. Thanks!!!

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 8:58 pm

What do you do in the game industry?
I highly recommend you apply direct. There are only a handful in Singapore.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

blueibmer

Post by blueibmer » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:59 am

hi, i was recently contacted by this guy from www.forteemp.com.sg, they were looking for game developers... i dunno if i can post emails in this forum, but you can pm me if you like... :) all the best!

i wish i could be a game tester one day hehehe but i'm more into mainframe development/testing...

Jonomo

Post by Jonomo » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 5:22 pm

blueibmer wrote:hi, i was recently contacted by this guy from www.forteemp.com.sg, they were looking for game developers... i dunno if i can post emails in this forum, but you can pm me if you like... :) all the best!

i wish i could be a game tester one day hehehe but i'm more into mainframe development/testing...
PM sent.

Trust me u don't wanna be a game tester. It's tedious work.

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:37 pm

OP, if there is only one advice you take from this forum, take the one I gave earlier.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:05 am

Jonomo wrote:
blueibmer wrote:hi, i was recently contacted by this guy from www.forteemp.com.sg, they were looking for game developers... i dunno if i can post emails in this forum, but you can pm me if you like... :) all the best!

PM sent.

Trust me u don't wanna be a game tester. It's tedious work.
It's not as fun or as simple as most people would imagine. It entails designing testing methodologies, test coverage and then making sure tests are repeatable in case of bugs, collecting massive amounts of data, filing bug reports, following on them, testing fixes, ad nauseam...not much different from software testing and it's one of those jobs where OCD is a huge advantage :(
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:10 am

when u say game industry...you mean computer games?
or do u mean sport wagering gaming?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 10:18 am

carlsum1986 wrote:when u say game industry...you mean computer games?
or do u mean sport wagering gaming?
OP is in Computer/cyberspace game .The other one is gambling
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 03 Aug 2010 3:52 pm

oh then cant help him here....only know sport gaming/gambling IT recruiters :D

JamieFan

Having a difficult time in finding a job in gaming area

Post by JamieFan » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 1:19 pm

Hi,

I'm also looking for a job in gaming industry. I'm graduated from University of Macao, majoring in gaming management. I have 1 year internship experience as Market Researcher and Analyst in a gaming company in Macao. Now I want to explore my career perspective in Singapore.

I've tried to find jobs in Jobstreet for about a month, but I seldom received any reply. From the few replies I had (for postitions like business analyst), they're suggesting that I'm not experienced enough. In fact, I was hired by my internship company as Business Data Analyst but there is just sth wrong with the work permit. I strongly believe in my ability and potential!

However, even if I want some real entry level jobs like assistant/officer, they don't even consider me as a possible candidate because I'm not local.

Dear friends, what can I do?
Is there any good channel that I can really get access to my future employers and communicate to them?

Thanks a million!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Having a difficult time in finding a job in gaming area

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 3:56 am

JamieFan wrote:Hi,

I'm also looking for a job in gaming industry. I'm graduated from University of Macao, majoring in gaming management. I have 1 year internship experience as Market Researcher and Analyst in a gaming company in Macao. Now I want to explore my career perspective in Singapore.
Is there any good channel that I can really get access to my future employers and communicate to them?

Thanks a million!!
Not sure but you can try Integrated resort in Singapore
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Having a difficult time in finding a job in gaming area

Post by JayCee » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 5:06 pm

JamieFan wrote:Dear friends, what can I do?
Isn't it obvious? Stay in Macau