Singapore Expats

When can I apply my PR Again Plz Help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jameelbaaz

When can I apply my PR Again Plz Help

Post by jameelbaaz » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 9:13 am

Hi Friends

I am thinking when to apply PR again I have applied
in Oct 2009 I got rejected in Nov 2009 with no date
mentioned when to apply again. I called ICA they said
if no date mentioned you can apply after 6 Months .
So,I applied in July 31 2010 (after 8 months ) I got
rejected again in Aug again with no date .

My question when do I apply again?
Enjoy Life !

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 9:20 am

If no date mentioned and no reason mentioned then mostly probably your current profile doesnt suit what they want. If residential duration was the only stumbling block they would have specified the time frame to apply. Of course if you ask ICA they wont tell you that, they will just tell you that you are free to apply after 6 months and they will tell in their mind "and get rejected again"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 9:45 am

If you have been rejected without invitation "in the rejection letter" don't bother to reapply as they are not interested in you. If you saw the news last night, you will know that since the end of last year they have been tightening up on PR's and will be tightening up even further from here on out. Work while you still have an employment pass, make as much money as you can and don't plan on being around for the long term as the rumblings on the ground are not in your favour. You might want to see how it looks after the elections sometime around the end of the 1st quarter of 2011 but I wouldn't hold my breath.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:12 pm

Friends of mine applied for PR both Cambridge Grads, married under 35 and got it within 6 weeks.

I think its if you tick all the boxes. So theyy are giving them out but they very very selective.
Zeenit

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:33 pm

Zeenit wrote:Friends of mine applied for PR both Cambridge Grads, married under 35 and got it within 6 weeks.

I think its if you tick all the boxes. So theyy are giving them out but they very very selective.
When did they apply, what pass were they on? Were both of them working in Singapore? Any Kids? all of this matters.

singaporeflyer

Re: When can I apply my PR Again Plz Help

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:34 pm

jameelbaaz wrote:Hi Friends

I am thinking when to apply PR again I have applied
in Oct 2009 I got rejected in Nov 2009 with no date
mentioned when to apply again. I called ICA they said
if no date mentioned you can apply after 6 Months .
So,I applied in July 31 2010 (after 8 months ) I got
rejected again in Aug again with no date .

My question when do I apply again?
How long are you working in SG? What is your Pass Type and what is your salary range? What is your domain of work and also your educational qualification? Applied as a Family?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:19 pm

SF, you are starting to sound like a nosy fishwife auntie. You are doing just what you all are famous for. Trying to find ways to "create" the perfect application. There is not any "Perfect" answer. The only answer is the truth. If all the numbers add up, and the policy is right and the quotas are available (even though the government says there aren't any, the Minister let it slip that there are last night in today in parliament, but I don't think many actually caught it). You all still seem to think it's possible to fabricate an application. Most are getting caught with over elaborations and are being bounced. The answers matter, that is true, but they ONLY matter on that application and in the context of that application as a whole.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:SF, you are starting to sound like a nosy fishwife auntie. You are doing just what you all are famous for. Trying to find ways to "create" the perfect application. There is not any "Perfect" answer. The only answer is the truth. If all the numbers add up, and the policy is right and the quotas are available (even though the government says there aren't any, the Minister let it slip that there are last night in today in parliament, but I don't think many actually caught it). You all still seem to think it's possible to fabricate an application. Most are getting caught with over elaborations and are being bounced. The answers matter, that is true, but they ONLY matter on that application and in the context of that application as a whole.
Agreed. I was saying all these factors count and I also agree that we cannot fabricate an application

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:06 am

So why the third degree for everyone?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:25 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So why the third degree for everyone?
Sorry.. It was not like that.. anyway if it sounded like that I will correct myself from asking, which felt like that...