Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bimi

Post by bimi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:52 am

hopejoe wrote:
bimi wrote:@hopejoe: when you will start your training?
Hi bimi, I will start my training at 4th of Oct. how about you?
Hi hopejoe.. I haven't got my training date yet.. I'm wating for 5 weeks already since I submited my education document.
actually I went on april interview and medical check up on may. But MOM need me to sumbit my bachelor degree scroll
And I'm not graduated yet on that time.. Still pray they will call me soon.. :)
Good luck for you dear.. :)

leaaah

Post by leaaah » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 2:36 am

@lele2626 hey i went with dyed hair, med brown though. of course they wont mind. there were a few girls with red and light brown hair too. dont worry too much!

@cherieboomboom yup the coverage is pretty good for me but dun use too much, it might cake. i use a matifying powder to touch up. i also wish to go for laser but definitely not now i guess... im still a poor student haha.

@darkchoco i was in 90++... i came at 11 but told to come back at 2. haha. yea ure really lucky to be called back! all the best!!! dun be too nervous ok. watch the posture and smile :)

hopejoe

Post by hopejoe » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:25 am

aircastles wrote:@darkchoco, I've been waiting for the call since last week, and I also sent 3 reminder emails staggered within a month to inform that my availability date is approaching very very soon.

I just want to be certain that my emails aren't being ignored or.. something
Hey, dont worry since you have waited for more than a month, defo you have already passed the medication and you didnt receive any letter from them. Surely, just wait patiently and she will call you once your documents are verified.

hopejoe

Post by hopejoe » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:29 am

bimi wrote:
hopejoe wrote:
Hi hopejoe.. I haven't got my training date yet.. I'm wating for 5 weeks already since I submited my education document.
actually I went on april interview and medical check up on may. But MOM need me to sumbit my bachelor degree scroll
OIC, dont worry....since you have passed the medical then just wait patiently once the right time they will call you. BTW, where are you atm? Singapore or Indonesia bco I saw your location is in Indonesia. I think MOM is a bit fussy about the foreigner application. Dont worry pray you.

bimi

Post by bimi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:04 am

hopejoe wrote:
bimi wrote:
hopejoe wrote: Hi bimi, I will start my training at 4th of Oct. how about you?
OIC, dont worry....since you have passed the medical then just wait patiently once the right time they will call you. BTW, where are you atm? Singapore or Indonesia bco I saw your location is in Indonesia. I think MOM is a bit fussy about the foreigner application. Dont worry pray you.
I'm from indonesia, that's why I have to wait for my work pass.. Wish me luck.. :)

Kello

Post by Kello » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:04 am

bimi wrote:
hopejoe wrote:

Hi Bimi. Im from Jakarta too. I went to july interview, passed everything and cleared my medical on aug. They said they will get back to us aroud 4 weeks after our medical. But if you went to april in take, and you still havent got your training date yet, I think tats mean I still have a longg waitt ahead then.huhuhu. =( *finger crossed

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:15 am

leaaah wrote:@lele2626 hey i went with dyed hair, med brown though. of course they wont mind. there were a few girls with red and light brown hair too. dont worry too much!

@cherieboomboom yup the coverage is pretty good for me but dun use too much, it might cake. i use a matifying powder to touch up. i also wish to go for laser but definitely not now i guess... im still a poor student haha.

@darkchoco i was in 90++... i came at 11 but told to come back at 2. haha. yea ure really lucky to be called back! all the best!!! dun be too nervous ok. watch the posture and smile :)
I bought the covermark too. Cost 50 buck cause of the increasing price. Ive pimple bump recently. Sigh! When I went for e interview I had quite gd face day. Maybe I shld do mask tonight.

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:18 am

aircastles wrote:@darkchoco, I've been waiting for the call since last week, and I also sent 3 reminder emails staggered within a month to inform that my availability date is approaching very very soon.

I just want to be certain that my emails aren't being ignored or.. something
Im pretty sure they won't ignore your email. But maybe they dun just reply email like this.

I can understand that anxiety of waiting!

bimi

Post by bimi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 2:01 pm

Hi kello.. Finally I found someone from july interview in jakarta.. Because all of my friends from april interview already have their training, I have to wait that long because I'm not have my degree scroll on may. Does anyone your friend already got the call?

Kello

Post by Kello » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 4:32 pm

Oh I c. Well good for you dear, at least you already knew you passed the medical and now just waiting SIA to inform you your trainig date. For me, I still haven't get any info regarding my medical. I hate the agony of waiting. huhuhu. =(

Hmm as fas as I know, no one from my batch got called yet.

bimi

Post by bimi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 4:39 pm

@kello: when u finish your final interview n medical?

konishi

Post by konishi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 4:43 pm

Hello! I'm the newbie that's just posted a few post above... I'm totally new in this industry, and am going to do everything i can in preparation for my first walk-in interview on the 25th!

Just wondering, what do you do when you are in all that long waiting period? Get a part-time job or just take care of the house and stuff?

Kello

Post by Kello » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 5:44 pm

@Bimi. I cleared my medical on Aug. It's been 3 weeks++ since then. How long had you wait before they inform you passed the medical?

@Konishi. I haven't tender my resignation to my present company. Still waiting for their call to confirm my application status. *pray pray pray

konishi

Post by konishi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 7:44 pm

I see... but right now i am a poly graduate still looking for a job... >.< And seeing that most of you seemed to have to wait months before you start training or anything, should i go get a part-time job too ? O.o

bimi

Post by bimi » Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:55 pm

@kello: they didn't informed me that I pass the medical, but they asked me to submited my degree scroll at the same time almost all my friends got the call and We have to wait around 6 weeks. Which july interview are u? Early july or end of july?