Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
leaaah

Post by leaaah » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 2:40 am

@darkchoco

yup the lady called me slightly more than 2 weeks after my medical (11aug) to inform me that i cleared it. she confirmed with me , my last exam dates and said she'll call me again in Oct to tell me my training dates as well as more details with regards to the contract signing and more. i did not choose any dates after i cleared my day2 interviews (management and kebaya)

Lele2626

Post by Lele2626 » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:24 am

@leaaah: Thank you so much for your help babe! One more question, is it okay to attend the interview with dyed hair?

aNneSya

Post by aNneSya » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 2:11 pm

anybody here can tell me any public holiday in Oct? i'll start my training soon and i just wanted to plan when i can go back home.hehe. :)

Cherieboomboom

Post by Cherieboomboom » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 4:08 pm

@Lele2626 : I cant PM you too cause i dont have enough post! I'll just give u my email here, [email protected] :)

@leaaah : Thanks for your help babe! At least my doubts are cleared. Anyways, the concealer you're using is from covermark yea? Good coverage? Do you use any other products to cover up? Im actually undergoing laser now. But its still not that effective yet! Thus, i need a very good coverage.

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 4:08 pm

Leaah, thanks for your reply! Which Grp are u in when u went for ur interview? I'm in 23th and went for 8.40am mgt round.
I got called back on wed for another try on kebaya, not gotta pin my hope too high. It's weird, cause I nv heard of such thing before too. Not sure what's gg on :(

konishi

Post by konishi » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 5:07 pm

Uhm.. Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum and to flight services! So my apologies if i've posted this in the wrong section.

I'm (quite) a fresh graduate from Singapore Poly, and these days ive been extremely keen on being a cabin attendant/cabin crew/air stewardess!

I've been reading around in this forum the past few Weeks, and am still quite a bit lost at what to do! Am i allowed to just walk in randomly to one of those interview openings when i see them? And if i dont see any, do i have to wait for months for a job opening before i try and apply?

Ooooh~ ive got so many more questions to ask!! D:
Right now there's the walk in interview for SIA approaching soon! In 2 weeks time! I'm so new, i dont know what's required, and the website didnt say much at all!
Like, what attire must I be in? Should I be putting on make up to look presentable or show them how i look like raw? Are SPRs allowed to sign up for it? So many things i dont know!! >_< Any kind da jie jie can teach me? And i also have a TERRIBLE skin complexion now... should i go for a rush treatment?

Please help!
各位大姐姐们,请多多指教!
よろしくお願いいたします!
*Bows*

konishi

Post by konishi » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 5:12 pm

Eh! wait! Actually i thought i saw a walk in interview for SIA on http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... jsp&#12288;
But i only just realised that it said "Appointment", and i read that many of you seem to have appointed timings for the interviews! Then how should i apply for it...? is there no walk in somewhere or something...?   :???:

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 5:33 pm

Konkani, the word appointment has a few meanings but apparently it's not what u thought it is. Anyway if u are interested, u shld print the application form and walk in on 25th. Formal or smart casual attire will be good cause u are gg for an interview. Make up, yes. Unless u want to go home earlier. Otherwise concealer all those scars, pimple marks etc.

Good luck!

konishi

Post by konishi » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 5:40 pm

I'm not really sure what is "Formal or smart casual"。。。 But im guessing something like an office wear? Must i wear a skirt? Oh man, i'm so excited and nervous!!!

Most importantly, can PRs apply? Because the website only said Singaporeans and Malaysians

bobatealover

Post by bobatealover » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 5:40 pm

darkchoco wrote:Leaah, thanks for your reply! Which Grp are u in when u went for ur interview? I'm in 23th and went for 8.40am mgt round.
I got called back on wed for another try on kebaya, not gotta pin my hope too high. It's weird, cause I nv heard of such thing before too. Not sure what's gg on :(
Perhaps they are lacking crew now so they decide to give those who got through everything cept the Kebaya round, one more chance. It makes sense , rather than screening everyone from scratch again. Hey, you are lucky!!! Wish I was in your shoes! All e best! :D

hopejoe

Post by hopejoe » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 6:06 pm

bimi wrote:@hopejoe: when you will start your training?
Hi bimi, I will start my training at 4th of Oct. how about you?

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 7:16 pm

bobatealover wrote:
darkchoco wrote:Leaah, thanks for your reply! Which Grp are u in when u went for ur interview? I'm in 23th and went for 8.40am mgt round.
Perhaps they are lacking crew now so they decide to give those who got through everything cept the Kebaya round, one more chance. It makes sense , rather than screening everyone from scratch again. Hey, you are lucky!!! Wish I was in your shoes! All e best! :D
Dunno the outcome yet too! So still hard to say! Hehe! I need lotsa luck!

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:35 pm

just curious, did anyone receive calls from M today?

darkchoco

Post by darkchoco » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:03 pm

aircastles: what is it abt? care to share?

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:11 pm

@darkchoco, I've been waiting for the call since last week, and I also sent 3 reminder emails staggered within a month to inform that my availability date is approaching very very soon.

I just want to be certain that my emails aren't being ignored or.. something