Singapore Expats

Former EP holder pregnant with P1 holder's baby

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Former EP holder pregnant with P1 holder's baby

Post by poodlek » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 6:02 pm

So my buddy has found himself in this situation. He met his girlfriend here a few months ago, and her job recently ended and she returned to her home country. Surprise, surprise, a week later she found out she's pregnant. He really wants to do right by her, and he's got a good job here on a P1 pass until at least 2012.

I know this sort of info has been posted already, but I'm not sure of which search terms to look for.

What would be the best way for them to proceed and have her rejoin him here in Singapore?

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 8:23 pm

poodlek: If they've lived together before and they can get a document saying that they have a common law relationship, then they can use that as a basis and she can come here on a dependent pass. Other than that, she'll probably have to go on visa runs. :( Unless they're thinking of getting married and then she can legally come here as his wife on a dependent pass.

Hope this helps.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 9:12 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:poodlek: If they've lived together before and they can get a document saying that they have a common law relationship, then they can use that as a basis and she can come here on a dependent pass. Other than that, she'll probably have to go on visa runs. :( Unless they're thinking of getting married and then she can legally come here as his wife on a dependent pass.

Hope this helps.
They've only known each other a few months, so they're definitely not eligible for common law status. They may get married, especially if it helps their immigration case, but I know in some instances getting married first (or within a certain amount of time before applying) may hinder it. Is there any rule/guideline about getting married just before applying for a DP? Or is this only a concern when applying for PR?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:27 am

Read this

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight=

Need more info. post again , I will reply soonest possible time
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!