Singapore Expats

S Pass PR Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ironlady
Regular
Regular

S Pass PR Chances

Post by ironlady » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:03 am

Hii all ,I am enquiring on behalf of my sis in law, She is a foreigner on S Pass in Singapore.Has been having the S Pass in Singapore since December last year. She would like to apply for PR so that she can get her kids to Singapore to study.

Is it too early for her to apply PR ?? She has MBA Qualifications but not from Singapore and also, this is her first job.

Thanks In Advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:07 am

I think you already know the answer to that one. Chances are slim to non-existent at the moment. But don't let that stop her. Who knows, some claim miracles do happen. Are any of the children male? if so, if she applies for PR for them as well, who knows......

They always need more cannon fodder for NS.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks SMS :) Well yes I wanted her to try. She wants to wait till she gets her PR before she applies for her children. But do you think she should apply for her son as well. She has a daughter and a son but both between 8-12 years of age.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 8:28 pm

If she applies with the children and the same time (the boy would have to do NS) her chances would be better I'd think. But at the moment, I'm not too sure anything would be considered as an "advantage".
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers