Singapore Expats

EP renewal rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 8:41 am

FaeLLe wrote:
Things should be Ok for you; recommend filing for PR as well asap to avoid future issues.
Might be worth looking in to a PEP before going for PR. I believe you probably qualify.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 3:42 pm

The chances of PEP approval are same if not less in comparison to the OP's EP renewal.

OP, Just dont worry. Go for the EP renewal when its due. If you have what it takes your EP will be renewed. Applying for PR now will not help much as you will get an appointment only after 1 month and it would be a miracle for you to get your PR in the next 3 months.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 4:39 pm

revhappy wrote:The chances of PEP approval are same if not less in comparison to the OP's EP renewal.

OP, Just dont worry. Go for the EP renewal when its due. If you have what it takes your EP will be renewed. Applying for PR now will not help much as you will get an appointment only after 1 month and it would be a miracle for you to get your PR in the next 3 months.
There are PR appointments that are available for the next day :) Need not wait for a month for appointment these days. But results are not fast.

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Guys need advise again. I requested to my HR to submit EP for renewal and they did yesterday. And i checked status today and saw this status msg.

"Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application."

is it really will take two months time and how this status msg sound is, Is it bad or good ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 2:14 pm

Not good. Especially if it's for a renewal. (I've had several not renewed this year (4 so far if I remember correctly) Sounds like they let your credentials slide the first time, but this time they are going to get confirmation of the document's worth, if any. If you are in a technical/technician position and you have a "distance learning" degree or something like that and the degree is in some humanities, you may find yourself in the unenviable position of having to catch a plane home. Especially so if they need two months to vet your credentials, it sounds like you might be from one of several neighbouring SE Asian countries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 4:21 pm

Wow! i thought so. I had bad feelings about it already since i read status :) but i guess this should be fine because if not here then my company can shift me other location. Only issue is i am family man and my wife is PR here and its hard to move for her :( Anyways i had word with HR and they told me they going to drop mail to MOM and if required they going to appeal also. But still that will be great if you guys give me some advise how to increase my chances for approval.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 4:28 pm

If you have kids and are married to a PR, why are you not a PR? Did you not apply with her? Is your child(ren) PR(s)? Did you get married after she became a PR or were you married before you & her came to Singapore?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 4:51 pm

Ah we marriage before she become PR . i didn't apply that time as i wasn't planning to stay in Singapore for long time i had job in other country that time when she applied for PR. But late on we decided to stay in Singapore and i found job here. Anyway is this something can do with my approval or rejection ?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 5:47 pm

Yeah, it would appear that your wife applied for PR and you didn't it might have sent the wrong signals to ICA & MOM. When she applied for PR did she indicate that she was married? All these things are cross-linked. Eventually, the MOM & ICA put two and two together and when it only comes up to three, they get a little miffed. Especially as you then came to Singapore and again, instead of applying for PR, you opted for an employment pass. At this point in time, I won't make any odds at all. If your credentials check out, you might be okay. There isn't anything you can do at this point except keep your fingers crossed.

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 6:36 pm

Hahaha!!! Yeah that might be the case anyway i don't know about bureaucracy thoughts. Well when my wife applied for PR that time i submitted my all documents and my all details and i am sure MOM had checked that time also and other time when i applied for EP as this is my 2nd job in Singapore so meaning i guessed MOM already dig my past :)) last time when i applied for EP MOM took 20 days for approval and this time 2 months WOW. In worst case I am full time graduate and a copy of my degree was attested from ministry of foreign affairs Pakistan, ministry of education Pakistan, Embassy of Pakistan from Kuwait, ministry of foreign affairs Kuwait and ministry of education Kuwait. I don't see any reason of rejection until MOM thinking i am stealing Singaporean job. Explaining all above bad time don't knock the door as i knew few of my friends whom were rejected with out any reason. I am also thinking to take help from immigration lawyer in case MOM reject my EP renewal. Again that will be great help to me if some one give me useful advise :)

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 8:56 am

Hi guys yesterday i attested my educational documents from Embassy of Pakistan in Singapore and i am thinking to have attested from Singapore ministry of education. Need your guideline how i can go for that? Hmm My traveling documents issued from Embassy of Pakistan in Singapore as well. I guess these preparation should be enough for to take a stand incase of i got reject. what you guys think on what ground MOM possibly can reject my EP renewal and what should i do more for to prevent this to happen ?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:21 am

You can attest all you want to. Even hire a lawyer if rejected, but at the end of the day, all you are going to do is spend more money (good for the local economy thought).

If the government, in all it's short-sighted wisdom, thinks that your company no longer needs to hire a foreigner, for what ever reasons, it's something that they have complete liberty to do. Your working here is NOT A RIGHT, but a favour, that just happened to be beneficial to both parties at the time. Today, the mood and thrust of the government is different and they may or may not renew your EP. This is, unfortunately, 100% their prerogative, not your right. It sucks, but as all expats should be aware of, this is often one of those thousands of things that can go belly up when you expatriate yourself into a country that isn't your own.

sms

amarzub

Post by amarzub » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:55 am

You got a point and i agree with you. When we deal with the Govt. sector things always out of our hands. Anyway this is my HR problem if my company need me here they will fight for me if they don't need me i cant force them. One more question as i never had kind of this experiences before so i need your advise. I am traveling for business trip for few weeks if my EP rejected during i am out of Singapore and yet my EP is valid can i enter in Singapore or not ? i.e if my EP expire date is 1st Dec and renewal application submitted in Sept got rejected in Oct.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:01 pm

You EP will be valid until it's expiry date which is noted on the visa. It's not being cancelled, only the renewal is being rejected. After that, if you happen to be out of the country when it expires and you have not yet gotten renewed you will have to come in on a bog standard SVP.

amarzub

EP Renewal

Post by amarzub » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Guys - Last time when my company submit my EP application they message was appear "Pending inputs from vetting agencies" and later it was approved. Now again my EP need renew soon, my question is will this gonna happen again ? and keep reading "Pending inputs from vetting agencies" status daily.