Singapore Expats

Pet Shops

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Pet Shops

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 9:44 am

Which are the recommended pet shops in Singapore and what are their locations. I like those within easy reach of a mrt station.
Not looking for those that sell dogs and cats but more of turtles,fishes and hamsters. stuff like that.

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:21 am

u can try serangoon north. there's plenty of pet shops there selling the pets that you're interested. You'll probably can take the train down to serangoon mrt or ang mo kio mrt and change a bus from there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:33 pm

klitz is correct. We have birds, chinchillas, fish, in Serangoon North Village. It's directly behind the Serangoon CC on AMK Ave 3. Turn off Ave 3 onto Serangoon Nth Ave 1 then turn left onto Serangoon Nth Ave 2. You can make another left into the parking lot and you will be there. If you are traveling by bus just get off either side of AMK Ave 3 and proceed to the back of the Serangoon CC. (I'm a resident there). :wink:

In fact, we had Martha Stewart here a month or so ago and she visited one of the bird shops there and had several photos taken with the Owner, Mr. Chua and some of the parrots & cockatoo's. A visit to Rainbow Aquarium would be in order as well if you like fish.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 3:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:klitz is correct. We have birds, chinchillas, fish, in Serangoon North Village. It's directly behind the Serangoon CC on AMK Ave 3. Turn off Ave 3 onto Serangoon Nth Ave 1 then turn left onto Serangoon Nth Ave 2. You can make another left into the parking lot and you will be there. If you are traveling by bus just get off either side of AMK Ave 3 and proceed to the back of the Serangoon CC. (I'm a resident there). :wink:

In fact, we had Martha Stewart here a month or so ago and she visited one of the bird shops there and had several photos taken with the Owner, Mr. Chua and some of the parrots & cockatoo's. A visit to Rainbow Aquarium would be in order as well if you like fish.
very detailed explanation..thanks alot...I will explore that area more...

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 5:33 pm

what's your location? would be easier to locate a pet shop nearer to you. also, have you check your local HDB estate? they usually will have a pet shop.

another well stocked pet shop is in vivo city (somewhere upstairs where the play area is).

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 9:43 am

durain wrote:what's your location? would be easier to locate a pet shop nearer to you. also, have you check your local HDB estate? they usually will have a pet shop.

another well stocked pet shop is in vivo city (somewhere upstairs where the play area is).
oh i shud check out vivo i am heading there after work to collect tickets.....I live at Bishan...any recommendations nearby my area of residence?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:51 am

Serangoon North isn't that far from Bishan. Check out one of the online maps.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 1:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Serangoon North isn't that far from Bishan. Check out one of the online maps.
sure thing...i plan to do that this weekend :lol:

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 4:08 pm

u can take a train to Ang Mo kio. Walk to the bus stop in front of the police station, and catch bus 70.
U can drop off when you see the serangoon north community centre on your right side.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 3:51 pm

klitz wrote:u can take a train to Ang Mo kio. Walk to the bus stop in front of the police station, and catch bus 70.
U can drop off when you see the serangoon north community centre on your right side.
thanks i am heading in that direction in a few hrs time hahaha..
the shop at harbourfront was very well stocked and price looked very nice too :o

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:52 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
klitz wrote:u can take a train to Ang Mo kio. Walk to the bus stop in front of the police station, and catch bus 70.
the shop at harbourfront was very well stocked and price looked very nice too :o
Serangoon is pricey on Chinchilla's but everything else appears to be reasonable for Singapore, I got our Chinchilla second hand, poor thing had a piece missing from his ear.

A five foot cage you can find on ebay singapore for 275$ if you need it for the spouse 8-) Only kidding :roll: good job mine doesn't read this forum, otherwise I would be in the cage! Chinchilla gets aircon, I don't :evil: Though I am told to keep it company if i want to chill! :cry:

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Sun, 05 Sep 2010 3:48 pm

ksl wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:
Serangoon is pricey on Chinchilla's but everything else appears to be reasonable for Singapore, I got our Chinchilla second hand, poor thing had a piece missing from his ear.

A five foot cage you can find on ebay singapore for 275$ if you need it for the spouse 8-) Only kidding :roll: good job mine doesn't read this forum, otherwise I would be in the cage! Chinchilla gets aircon, I don't :evil: Though I am told to keep it company if i want to chill! :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol: