Singapore Expats

Student pass for MBA Part time.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
baronwee

Student pass for MBA Part time.

Post by baronwee » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 9:21 pm

I plan to enroll the manchester business school MBA part time in Spore.
I just checked ICA website and they just talk about full time students.
Can you tell me if it is possible to obtain a student pass for a part time MBA ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:43 pm

Not that I'm aware of. Students Passes are for full time students.

However, if you can find a full time job and get a work visa, then you can go to school part time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:55 am

The MBS Global MBA is designed for working professionals. If you already working in some other country and want to attend the contact classes in SG then I think there should be a visa for you.

But if you are not working and want to come to SG on a Student pass, why choose a part time MBA?

baronwee

Post by baronwee » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks for your answers. The thing is i'm already the director of an internet company based in Singapore but i do not run the operations directly here so i did not apply for an employment pass. My project was to relocate here and keep working while doing this MBA. Doing this part time MBA would allow me to keep working contrary to a full time one. The thing is it would be hard to live in Singapore on a visit pass that i renew every 3 months as i couldnt get an appartment, a phone line, or a car.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 4:28 pm

baronwee wrote:Thanks for your answers. The thing is i'm already the director of an internet company based in Singapore but i do not run the operations directly here so i did not apply for an employment pass. My project was to relocate here and keep working while doing this MBA. Doing this part time MBA would allow me to keep working contrary to a full time one. The thing is it would be hard to live in Singapore on a visit pass that i renew every 3 months as i couldnt get an appartment, a phone line, or a car.
Unless I'm reading this wrong, it sounds like you are working illegally! You can be a director, but you cannot be a working director according to the laws here. I'd say you could find yourself in a heap o' trouble if IRAS, ICA & MOM find out.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

baronwee

Post by baronwee » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 4:56 pm

I was not clear maybe, i am not living in Singapore for now. The company is operating mostly on France and we use the Singapore company to bill our international clients only. We dont run any operations here. The thing is i plan to relocate in Singapore to operate the company from Singapore (and close the french office) and do a MBA at the same time. And of course i want to find a legal solution to do that. Guess the best would be to apply for an EP and then apply to the MBA.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Aug 2010 5:37 pm

Yep. Sure would make sense that way.