Singapore Expats

EPEC has been approved. How much time available to take act?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
123doc

EPEC has been approved. How much time available to take act?

Post by 123doc » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 3:33 am

I'm currently living in the US and going to take a finance exam this December of 2010 in the US. My EPEC has just been approved on the 26th of August 2010. Since I have not received the EPEC letter yet (takes 3-4 weeks to arrive) I don't know the content of the letter informing me about how much time available to take action about it, i.e. applying for the visa.

1. How much time do I have before it goes "expired"? I'm planning to move to Singapore in late December 2010/ early January of 2011.
2. Since I heard there are a lot of uncertainties during the election period, is it better for me (and other applicants) to enter Singapore as soon as possible? Maybe before December?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
:)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: EPEC has been approved. How much time available to take

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 9:15 am

123doc wrote:I'm currently living in the US and going to take a finance exam this December of 2010 in the US. My EPEC has just been approved on the 26th of August 2010. Since I have not received the EPEC letter yet (takes 3-4 weeks to arrive) I don't know the content of the letter informing me about how much time available to take action about it, i.e. applying for the visa.

1. How much time do I have before it goes "expired"? I'm planning to move to Singapore in late December 2010/ early January of 2011.
2. Since I heard there are a lot of uncertainties during the election period, is it better for me (and other applicants) to enter Singapore as soon as possible? Maybe before December?

Approval of EPEC does not mean that your Visa to come to Singapore for search of job is approved.

You have to apply for an LTSVP using the date of approval mentioned in the letter and not the date of approval email. Once this is done, you may be granted a 1-12 months LTSVP which you can use as your visa to reside in Singapore and search for a job

Please note that approval of EPEC does not mean approval of LTSVP. There are many cases where EPEC has been approved but LTSVP has been rejected.

You should apply for EPEC only when you are ready to come to Singapore and not very early before that.

Wait for the letter,decide when do you want to come here and apply for the LTSVP and hope for the best

Good Luck !

melren

Re: EPEC has been approved. How much time available to take

Post by melren » Sun, 29 Aug 2010 1:06 am

123doc wrote:I'm currently living in the US and going to take a finance exam this December of 2010 in the US. My EPEC has just been approved on the 26th of August 2010. Since I have not received the EPEC letter yet (takes 3-4 weeks to arrive) I don't know the content of the letter informing me about how much time available to take action about it, i.e. applying for the visa.

EPEC has a validity of two years from date of issuance.