Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
heluvunot

Post by heluvunot » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:45 am

ikip84 wrote:oh man...i got my rejection letter yesterday afternoon..so close yet to far..
good luck to everyone who got trough..

dunno how long the ban..
I'm so sorry to hear that. Which interview did u went to? The one in Aug??

heluvunot

Re: about certification

Post by heluvunot » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:50 am

Oh. But I already got my honors; it's stated in my letter of completion too, just the certs. Still need the transcript ar??
Lilian din reply me that's why I'm not sure if she needs anymore documents. ;-(
Lord40892 wrote:
heluvunot wrote:Hie,

I've completed my degree edy, but haven yet to receive my degree certificate as it's still getting it's accreditation from our moderator.

But, I did submitted my letter of completion from my university for the pass application. Anyone had the simliar case??

Thanks.
yea, i am at the same situation as u before.

i complete my study and exam on May and SIA wanted at least my transcript.
I was not able to provide transcript in english version and hence even with the letter of the completion of study, still cant deal with MOM of sg.

until, i get my full transcript in english language and degree scroll, then only i got my EP. which is why, dragged for so long.

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:14 pm

ikip84 wrote:oh man...i got my rejection letter yesterday afternoon..so close yet to far..

dunno how long the ban..
oh... what's the reason of rejection?

Lord40892

Re: about certification

Post by Lord40892 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:20 pm

heluvunot wrote:Oh. But I already got my honors; it's stated in my letter of completion too, just the certs. Still need the transcript ar??
Lilian din reply me that's why I'm not sure if she needs anymore documents. ;-(
Lord40892 wrote:
heluvunot wrote:Hie,

I've completed my degree edy, but haven yet to receive my degree certificate as it's still getting it's accreditation from our moderator.

But, I did submitted my letter of completion from my university for the pass application. Anyone had the simliar case??

Thanks.
yea, i am at the same situation as u before.

i complete my study and exam on May and SIA wanted at least my transcript.
I was not able to provide transcript in english version and hence even with the letter of the completion of study, still cant deal with MOM of sg.

until, i get my full transcript in english language and degree scroll, then only i got my EP. which is why, dragged for so long.
then just wait. cuz my friend who apply using diploma, without any cert, he got to start training even with just his spm cert. :)

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:46 pm

Lord40892 wrote:

dunno how long the ban..
oh... what's the reason of rejection?
Hi ikip84,

So sad to hear this from u...Is yr rejection due to yr High BP?

QS

Post by QS » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 7:21 pm

[quote="ikip84"]oh man...i got my rejection letter yesterday afternoon..so close yet to far..

dunno how long the ban..[/quote]

Hi ikip84,
Did they tell u the reason?
I'm currently waiting for my confirmation, jz did my medical c/up few days ago. im kinda worried :cry:

runaway

Post by runaway » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:05 pm

Piece of advice especially for ladies:

If any of you manage to get in SIA, here's a few things u have to be mentally prepared.

Long hair : be prepared to cut ur hair to bob
hair colour : Black/dark brown

if fail exams, u can sit for retest. however, if u still fail, u will be terminated. discipline is very impt too.

afterall, its not as easy as what u ppl think. it's difficult to get into SIA but it's very easy for em to kick u out. so pls, think twice.

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:24 pm

Lord40892 wrote:
alexis19 wrote:ANYONE STARTING ON 13th SEPT???? :D
hihi, have u sign then bond? :)

I have mailed back the contract. and will gg down to STC to sign the Deed of Covenant on 7/9 :)

observer-

Post by observer- » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:16 am

dunno how long the ban..
I've got mine as well. Must be the medical check up. As for me it aint fair, as I was sick and traveled from Penang for the final review then back to KL (as I live in KL) and need to complete the med checkup in 2 days (final review was on Saturday, the clinic was closed on Sunday. And I got only Monday to completed it).

Unfortunately, I had mild asthma attack due to heavy rain and fatigued on that particular day and needed to performed the additional lung test. Sigh, kinda frustrated with it.

Anyway how many months do I have to wait to qualify for next SIA interview?

QS

Post by QS » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:21 am

Hi observer, so sorry to hear that. But how long did you wait to gt the email?
Last edited by QS on Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:22 am

runaway wrote:Piece of advice especially for ladies:

If any of you manage to get in SIA, here's a few things u have to be mentally prepared.

Long hair : be prepared to cut ur hair to bob
hair colour : Black/dark brown

if fail exams, u can sit for retest. however, if u still fail, u will be terminated. discipline is very impt too.

afterall, its not as easy as what u ppl think. it's difficult to get into SIA but it's very easy for em to kick u out. so pls, think twice.
I would like to thank you for the advise. It's a good thing to be reminded once in awhile that not everything is rosy, smooth and easy. Gives us a check or sort of a wake up call to mentally prepare ourselves.
Regards

ikip84

Post by ikip84 » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:22 am

mine close to two weeks.. i belive is due to my bp problem..
thalia

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:22 am

alexis19 wrote:
Lord40892 wrote:
alexis19 wrote:ANYONE STARTING ON 13th SEPT???? :D
hihi, have u sign then bond? :)

I have mailed back the contract. and will gg down to STC to sign the Deed of Covenant on 7/9 :)
are u singaporean? i got my email today. but i din see any instruction to mail back the contract. i just reply email to confirm the signing of deed of convenant.

QS

Post by QS » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:28 am

Hi ikip84, now im reli getting anxious. Would you mind to share wat's wrong wz ur bp? Bcz the doctor told me that my bp was very low. now im kinda worried.

observer-

Post by observer- » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:39 am

QS wrote:Hi observer, so sorry to hear that. But how long did you wait to gt the email?
26 days after my medical checkup.