Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 8:40 pm

lovesong, lizzkimm : thanks for your encouragements. =)

yep, i went for the JQ today, around 4pm. was waiting until about 5.15 before it was my turn.
the interviewer was very nice and made me feel more comfortable as i was very nervous.

I got the call around 6.30pm to go for the 2nd round.

seems like there was a total of 200 ++ people who turned up!

Hope i'll be able to make it through the rounds!! =D

Good luck to all!

HaLeeFy

Post by HaLeeFy » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:17 pm

hi.. i went for the interview as well earlier on.. reach abt 4pm n my interview is abt 5ish.. i left roxy at abt 5.30.. got a call from a guy name alster or sumtink like tat at abt 6.55.. they haf scheduled my next round on thurs..

bbekandy- since our interview is almost at the same timing, assume ur nxt round is thurs too??

i must say the response is not so overwhelming tis time.. i went once last year around oct.. tink they r recruiting the 2nd batch.. the queue was crazy even though its adey 4.30.. but juz now wen i reach at 4pm, i cud juz walk in to the registration table w/o queuing.. anyway gd luck for those shortlisted.. for those who doesnt, try again peeps.. dun let the spirit in u dies off.. :)

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:33 pm

Hihi,

I went today with Bbekandy and we both got the call around 6.30pm but our 2nd round is tomorrow...
What should we be expecting for 2nd round? i know theres a swimming test..how does that go? i called the hotel and the pool is about 15m..i actually went to practise my swimming just now and i barely covered half of the length of the pool! out of breath already...if its only 15m i should be ok...or maybe its a few lenghts...how how? those guys who previously went for swimming test? pls share!!! :)

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:29 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:Hihi,

I went today with Bbekandy and we both got the call around 6.30pm but our 2nd round is tomorrow...
What should we be expecting for 2nd round? i know theres a swimming test..how does that go? i called the hotel and the pool is about 15m..i actually went to practise my swimming just now and i barely covered half of the length of the pool! out of breath already...if its only 15m i should be ok...or maybe its a few lenghts...how how? those guys who previously went for swimming test? pls share!!! :)
Congrats to those who made it to second round tomorrow or Thursday!
They will begin the session by telling you guys JQ background and please pay your full attention as some questions will be asked in your 15 mins maths n geography test later. There will be 3 rounds of games for them to assess your personality and understand you better if you have what it takes to be cabin crew. Then, all of you will be asked to wait for about 30 mins and they will call up names selected for next round of interview.

Again, there will be another briefing session which is more in depth in the afternoon, discussing abt salary package, followed by 1-1 interview (similar as what you have gone through today) and swimming test. Between, it's only 1.2m and quite shallow... No worries..

Remember to be confident and smile a lot
:D Hope it helps and all the best!

ichloe

Post by ichloe » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:42 pm

lovesong wrote:

They will begin the session by telling you guys JQ background and please pay your full attention as some questions will be asked in your 15 mins maths n geography test later. There will be 3 rounds of games for them to assess your personality and understand you better if you have what it takes to be cabin crew. Then, all of you will be asked to wait for about 30 mins and they will call up names selected for next round of interview.

Again, there will be another briefing session which is more in depth in the afternoon, discussing abt salary package, followed by 1-1 interview (similar as what you have gone through today) and swimming test.

thanks lovesong for the full details. :) wow 2nd round for tomorrow & thurday. its seem alot been selected. cheers..
but wondering how many cabin crew do they need to recruit...

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:45 pm

lovesong wrote:

Again, there will be another briefing session which is more in depth in the afternoon, discussing abt salary package, followed by 1-1 interview (similar as what you have gone through today) and swimming test. Between, it's only 1.2m and quite shallow... No worries..

ok im quite worried about the swimming test...how many laps are we required to swim though? coz i called up the hotel and they mentioned the pool is only 15m in length...

yukixue

Post by yukixue » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:17 am

I went there today, close to 5pm. Forgot to copy my IC and cert...then I asked the registration counter for the mini ht...she told me is actually 162cm but I can give a shot. I walk away...haha. I think I am only 155cm

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:01 am

ichloe wrote:
lovesong wrote:

Again, there will be another briefing session which is more in depth in the afternoon, discussing abt salary package, followed by 1-1 interview (similar as what you have gone through today) and swimming test.

thanks lovesong for the full details. :) wow 2nd round for tomorrow & thurday. its seem alot been selected. cheers..
but wondering how many cabin crew do they need to recruit...
so far maximum is about 40 from an intake...

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:03 am

Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote:

ok im quite worried about the swimming test...how many laps are we required to swim though? coz i called up the hotel and they mentioned the pool is only 15m in length...
Just 1 lap without life jacket...

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:42 am

Wow...congrats Bekkandy, Bella Consuela and the rest for making it through...Seems like I've missed some actions for this interview...Oh well...good luck to the rest of you for 2nd round! =)

I'm may have missed this round's interview but I'll be waiting for the next one and then try out again...

Btw Yukixue, no harm trying since you were there yesterday..It's a waste that you walked away cuz they do hire crews around ht of 156 too, that's what I got from Jetstar crews through pm in this forum..

I'm only 153 or 154 but I still went for it...The next tym u wanna go try, maybe can tie your hair into a mini bob on top and it helps to heighten yourself cuz they measure by the top of your head.. =P
Never Say Never! :)

yukixue

Post by yukixue » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 1:25 pm

MademoiselleCher wrote:Wow...congrats Bekkandy, Bella Consuela and the rest for making it through...Seems like I've missed some actions for this interview...Oh well...good luck to the rest of you for 2nd round! =)

I'm may have missed this round's interview but I'll be waiting for the next one and then try out again...

Btw Yukixue, no harm trying since you were there yesterday..It's a waste that you walked away cuz they do hire crews around ht of 156 too, that's what I got from Jetstar crews through pm in this forum..

I'm only 153 or 154 but I still went for it...The next tym u wanna go try, maybe can tie your hair into a mini bob on top and it helps to heighten yourself cuz they measure by the top of your head.. =P
So did you manage to get through ?? It is true that I should have just tried but I think I should have be more ready for this. So prolly next round, I can try again. Maybe next round can arrange to go with you gals together, at least don't feel so alone.

Btw, it is true that Jetstar fetch only 1.6-8K back?

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 1:38 pm

Hi all,

Just got back from the 2nd round today..unfortunately didnt make it thru to the afternoon session..congrats to bbekandy for making it thru to the next round..she'll prolly update u guys later.
well just now, they grouped us into 6 groups and each group about 7 persons. there was a briefing about the company and all that followed by 3 games / interaction sessions and lastly a short math/geography test...

hmm wondering why i didnt make it thru though, haiz....i interacted enough to make myself stand out and i smiled and smiled and smiled...but still :(

theres another group for tomoorow so they might still eliminate ppl after the swimming round..shucks..feel so sad and demoralised after yet another rejection! must be hmm more than 20 times of rejection (all airlines combined)...age catching up on me..26 this year already..dunno what im gonna do now though..got screwd up for taking urgent leave from work today and it has all come to vain..haiz...

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 1:54 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:Hi all,

Just got back from the 2nd round today..unfortunately didnt make it thru to the afternoon session..congrats to bbekandy for making it thru to the next round..she'll prolly update u guys later.
well just now, they grouped us into 6 groups and each group about 7 persons. there was a briefing about the company and all that followed by 3 games / interaction sessions and lastly a short math/geography test...

hmm wondering why i didnt make it thru though, haiz....i interacted enough to make myself stand out and i smiled and smiled and smiled...but still :(

theres another group for tomoorow so they might still eliminate ppl after the swimming round..shucks..feel so sad and demoralised after yet another rejection! must be hmm more than 20 times of rejection (all airlines combined)...age catching up on me..26 this year already..dunno what im gonna do now though..got screwd up for taking urgent leave from work today and it has all come to vain..haiz...
Hi Bella,

I understand your feeling as I have been trying for the past 4 years. Be it SIA, Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Airasia, and Etihad Airways. I really hope that you dont give up trying for the next recruitment untill you make the cut. I am same age as you too but I got in JQ in my 4th attempt with them. Frankly speaking, I asked myself how much I want this job.. but I just know I want it very badly.. Based on what you have shared, I think probably you lack of luck... Go and try again next time! I have to really thank to my JQ crew fren who always let me know the recruitment 1 week in advance and she was the one who asked me to attend all the times :)

May I check with you did they mention when is the training date during the briefing session in this morning?

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:03 pm

lovesong wrote:

Hi Bella,

I understand your feeling as I have been trying for the past 4 years. Be it SIA, Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Airasia, and Etihad Airways. I really hope that you dont give up trying for the next recruitment untill you make the cut. I am same age as you too but I got in JQ in my 4th attempt with them. Frankly speaking, I asked myself how much I want this job.. but I just know I want it very badly.. Based on what you have shared, I think probably you lack of luck... Go and try again next time!

May I check with you did they mention when is the training date during the briefing session in this morning?
Hi Lovesong,

thanks for your encouragement. you're in JQ now? congrats for making it thru! Although were the same age, but youre a guy right? but im a gal, guess theres a bit more disadvantage there..can try again next time but the guy mentioned that theres like a 12 month ban.
hmmm they didnt specifically mention any training dates...maybe theyll only let those who got in know?

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:13 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote:

Hi Bella,

I understand your feeling as I have been trying for the past 4 years. Be it SIA, Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Airasia, and Etihad Airways. I really hope that you dont give up trying for the next recruitment untill you make the cut. I am same age as you too but I got in JQ in my 4th attempt with them. Frankly speaking, I asked myself how much I want this job.. but I just know I want it very badly.. Based on what you have shared, I think probably you lack of luck... Go and try again next time!

Hi Lovesong,

thanks for your encouragement. you're in JQ now? congrats for making it thru! Although were the same age, but youre a guy right? but im a gal, guess theres a bit more disadvantage there..can try again next time but the guy mentioned that theres like a 12 month ban.
hmmm they didnt specifically mention any training dates...maybe theyll only let those who got in know?
Hi Bella,

I managed to clear all the rounds in last month JQ interview but they never call me up till today. My crew fren already checked with her manager and she said I got in.. So far, I know batch 8 training will begin 4 Oct but she said I have to continue waiting and joining next batch for training... So I guess most likely I am in.. :) No worries about your age, JQ doesnt really have age limitation cuz one of my frens who is 37yo without crew experience got in last intake. What is 12 months ban all about? I never heard of that in JQ.. I was banned for 6 mths when i failed my SQ interview last time.

Thanks for the sharing and i guess i have to continue waiting...