Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 4:01 pm

envy you guys who have got in or are already in.

*depression*

RedScarlet

Post by RedScarlet » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:54 pm

Hi eveyone! Does anyone know will there be another upcoming walk-in? Because I heard that it'll be on the 20th&21st aug at STC but not sure whether is it true anot?

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:36 am

this month? holding two interviews in a month doesn't sound possible

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 1:17 am

RedScarlet wrote:Hi eveyone! Does anyone know will there be another upcoming walk-in? Because I heard that it'll be on the 20th&21st aug at STC but not sure whether is it true anot?
I agree with dyeo and if there is no news of the interview on 20th/21st; right now, i doubt it will happen. But there has been rumours of an interview coming up soon. Another interview coming up either this month end or Sept, is highly likely. Based on hiring sentiments right now.

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:39 am

@ spiky, this month end? but it's another 10 days to end of aug. and there was already an interview held early this month..

anyway, any idea how long before the actual interview date would they announce on their website? few days?

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:16 pm

@dyeo, About a week or a week plus. it used to be longer, but now it seems they don't want people to have too much time preparing for it...

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 2:43 pm

haha. my intuition tells me the next one would be held in mid sept :)
sometimes I wonder y SIA is that short of manpower. I mean it's good that they are hiring every now and then.. Just can't help thinking if many had left

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 2:56 pm

grr i wish i can go and try for SQ!! but my tattoo at my back kills my dreams.

pegz

Post by pegz » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:05 pm

hi all! i am new to here.

wanted to go try for the interview on 7th aug but missed it.

Hopefully the next one will be in sept! :)
Anyone keen to go tgth?

Just a qns, i am on braces and taking it off in dec/jan. Any crew-to-be or those in training can advise on that? Will i get rejected becos of it? Though there is an indication on the application form..

thanks!

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:23 pm

@bbekandy, try using tattoo concealers

@pegz, Ive read a few cases where they waited for the candidate to remove their braces and then called them up for training

observer-

Post by observer- » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:46 pm

Lord40892 wrote:
observer- wrote:
Lord40892 wrote: as what i know, there will be 13th SEPT and 16TH SEPT batches. :)
COOL. have SIA called anyone from those batches?

hope to be in that batches despite separate from my friends. i guess ive to make new friends then :)
yea, i got the call last week. tentatively will go sg on 6th sept and start training on 16th sept. i am malaysian. :)

anyway, i have yet to rcv the email regarding the signing of bond .
at least they called you up on the confirmation. im still waiting for the call while rest of my friends have received it . gosh, its killing me. :???: which interview were you from, penang?

ive checked my letter box and there's no sign of any rejection. now i wish they have this online system to check whether we're selected or not. lol

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 4:13 pm

observer- wrote:
Lord40892 wrote:
observer- wrote: COOL. have SIA called anyone from those batches?

hope to be in that batches despite separate from my friends. i guess ive to make new friends then :)
yea, i got the call last week. tentatively will go sg on 6th sept and start training on 16th sept. i am malaysian. :)

anyway, i have yet to rcv the email regarding the signing of bond .
at least they called you up on the confirmation. im still waiting for the call while rest of my friends have received it . gosh, its killing me. :???: which interview were you from, penang?

ive checked my letter box and there's no sign of any rejection. now i wish they have this online system to check whether we're selected or not. lol
hey. I went for walk in on march in KL.
dun worry, i heard if u are rejected due to failure in medical, u will get the letter within a month after ur medical. if no letter, no email, means u are SAFE! if u still worry, actually u can called the clinic and ask abt ur medical record. hence, it can solve ur doubt!

oh yea, actually SIA they work like gov sector, which never give promises. they will never tell u exactly what and when to do. but they will follow up with u by phone call. kinda pissed off sometimes.

if they have the on9 status tracking system, their HR will be very busy to update the status on9 , lolx!!!

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 4:13 pm

dyeo : but it can be seen when i wear the kebaya! and wad about the swimming test (if i can get that far)
=(
when i was young, dont know how to think, now i regret ..

pegz

Post by pegz » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 4:14 pm

dyeo: oh thanks!

but i guess its worth giving a try now :)
hopefully can train with braces on and if training is abt 3-4months, pray i get a chance!

I have been checking their website everyday for updates.. haha.

westindies

Post by westindies » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 4:47 pm

Hi peeps,

if any of you are wearing the 24hr BP thingy, do not worry so much aite. I wore it and i got the call from SQ. Just relax when the thing is reading yur bp and u'll be alright :)))

Cheers