Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Spiky

Post by Spiky » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 5:10 pm

Good day, anyone starting on the 30th August?

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 6:11 pm

metroman wrote:@alexis

im starting training on 13th sept too. I have a few friends doing the same date as well. Pm me your msn add ya. :)
hihi, have u sign the bond?

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 8:08 pm

@hadnot, I sent you a pm!! you can't initiate PMs to people but you can hit reply and we can converse there :) don't wanna intrude into your personal email lah, not so nice :) unless the PM function really doesn't work, then I'll email you at the address you provided k :)

@spiky, wah spiky, you emailed her like 2 days ago and straight away got training date already. lol so luckyyyy! can't wait to ORD :roll:

@rain_yeo, heyy rain, have you ORDed? if not, when's your ord? :)

@lord_40892, haha you're very assuring :) they actually held the place for you from march till sept. you must have a damn good portfolio!

@observer- hey observer! ORD, COS and VES are terms used in the singapore army :) haha don't worry, you're not missing out on anything. hope M calls you soon!

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 9:40 pm

hi all, mary stated in the email that the employment contract will be sent to my residential address.

i'll be starting training next monday.

the contract will reach me before then?

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 9:53 pm

missSHER wrote:hi all, mary stated in the email that the employment contract will be sent to my residential address.

i'll be starting training next monday.

the contract will reach me before then?
Normally your contract will reach you before you start your training. Have you signed your deed of convenant? I guess it will reach you by this week. See you at STC! :)
SIA ♥♥

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:05 pm

haha not yet, will be signing the deed this friday.
i dont think the signed contract will be able to reach SIA before i start training?
its already tuesday. hmm.

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:08 pm

missSHER wrote:haha not yet, will be signing the deed this friday.
i dont think the signed contract will be able to reach SIA before i start training?
its already tuesday. hmm.
Lol but you'll have to sign the contract before starting with SIA.... I'm sure it will come before Friday! :)
SIA ♥♥

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:30 pm

i sure do hope so! haha.
how much more of training do you have? :)

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:37 pm

missSHER wrote:i sure do hope so! haha.
how much more of training do you have? :)
Graduating in mid-october... first SNY flight is next month end! :)
SIA ♥♥

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:15 am

@aircastles do worry about it, once you submit your cos on that day she will also arrange for you the training date. That's what happen for me:)

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:17 am

aircastles wrote:@hadnot, I sent you a pm!! you can't initiate PMs to people but you can hit reply and we can converse there :) don't wanna intrude into your personal email lah, not so nice :) unless the PM function really doesn't work, then I'll email you at the address you provided k :)

@spiky, wah spiky, you emailed her like 2 days ago and straight away got training date already. lol so luckyyyy! can't wait to ORD :roll:

@rain_yeo, heyy rain, have you ORDed? if not, when's your ord? :)

@lord_40892, haha you're very assuring :) they actually held the place for you from march till sept. you must have a damn good portfolio!

@observer- hey observer! ORD, COS and VES are terms used in the singapore army :) haha don't worry, you're not missing out on anything. hope M calls you soon!
hihi. i am just trying to conform hadnot. with what i knew. cuz i have been through the waiting and uncertain feel ... :(

erm, i think they need crews, therefore they can wait for anyone that past all rounds of interviews. btw, my case was quite complicated.

i applied using degree qualification but i have yet to obtain the degree scroll. it had been dragged until i attended convo and SIA give me a call after 2 days i sent them my transcript and degree scroll. sigh, my batch alreday start their training on MAY . :(

tkevin

Post by tkevin » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:19 am

Hi all,

Not sure if this sounds right but anybody received their "rejection calls" or letter? I had my medical done 11th and no news until nw. All the other pple who went w me had gotten their calls/emails alrdy..

Abit nerve wrecking.....

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 1:58 pm

where are the rest of the SQ wannabe? am i the only one left. 4th attempt failed!

observer-

Post by observer- » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 2:56 pm

tkevin wrote:Hi all,

Not sure if this sounds right but anybody received their "rejection calls" or letter? I had my medical done 11th and no news until nw. All the other pple who went w me had gotten their calls/emails alrdy..

Abit nerve wrecking.....
yah prety much the same situation as my other Malaysian friends has already called by SIA yesterday, is it ok to call or email? because i dont want to leave any negative impression.

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 3:19 pm

@tkevin and observer

is it becos both of your notice period is about 1 month?
I think that's why they will call you like much later...