Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 2:53 am

sorry..
can i have dr kaos website and email pls?
thanks! :D

RMM9

Post by RMM9 » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 2:23 pm

Millicious

Post by Millicious » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:14 am

hownowhownow, check the first page of the thread.

For those who have stayed in Kangning apartment, can you advise your experience there? I know that there is a 7-11 very nearby so snacks/food is not a problem. I'm looking to recuperate from (rib) rhinoplasty and genioplasty at Dr Kao's so I am just looking for a nice clean place to stay. Kangning is not that cheap (2000NT/day), so I'd rather topup abit and stay in a nice hotel with breakfast included, cabletv, clean towels etc..

Issue is after the surgery, how often do we have to go back to Dr Kao for followup? Assuming that there are no complications, only need to go back about 1 week after the surgery to remove the stitches correct?

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 7:37 pm

Millicious wrote:hownowhownow, check the first page of the thread.

For those who have stayed in Kangning apartment, can you advise your experience there? I know that there is a 7-11 very nearby so snacks/food is not a problem. I'm looking to recuperate from (rib) rhinoplasty and genioplasty at Dr Kao's so I am just looking for a nice clean place to stay. Kangning is not that cheap (2000NT/day), so I'd rather topup abit and stay in a nice hotel with breakfast included, cabletv, clean towels etc..

Issue is after the surgery, how often do we have to go back to Dr Kao for followup? Assuming that there are no complications, only need to go back about 1 week after the surgery to remove the stitches correct?

my experience was good,there are cable tv,clean towels,ethernet cable,refrigerator.also you can get breakfast in the morning.the service is good actually.and the 7-11 is beside the apartment.
mine was 4 times in a week.

WATERSkin

Post by WATERSkin » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 8:56 pm

shinangel wrote:
TreeHugger wrote:I think I recall seeing some members going to Dr. Hsu or Dr. Kao in december/january?

I will most likely be going during those times. Still trying to decide between those two doctors. If anyone is going, let me know =)
I am going to have surgery under dr. Hsu.

Arrival in Kaohsiung and consultation scheduled for 26th of December, surgery on 27th and leaving Taiwan on the 8th of January.

I am in the process of booking an apartment for 2 weeks, as I'll be accompanied by my sister and possibly my boyfriend and Blissfull, another forumer.
you confirm going on in Dec? I'm flying in Taipei and take THSR to ZuoYing station which is nearest to Dr. Hsu clinic. Do you want to meet? Cause my surgery will be 23rd Dec if confirmed.

Pm me your email and msn. thanks. :)

tinanana

Post by tinanana » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:28 am

Millicious wrote:Yup HZL, I'm also concerned with the possible complications, imagine losing sensation in the bottom lip or worse. However, I would still opt for the medpor implant over sliding genioplasty. I read that jaw-shaving is the most painful cosmetic surgury procedure and involves alot of downtime so genioplasty cannot be that far behind. :???:

tinanana, you mind sharing more with us your post-surgery recovery process from genioplasty? Was it really painful and how long did it take before you could chew/eat solid foods? How long did the swelling if any, take to go down?

ETA: Oops Tinanan, please ignore my questions above. I went through your previous posts and you've addressed them in detail already. I must say that your pain threshold and recovery rate is pretty high. Breaking off a section of your chin, shifting it out/in and reattaching it with titanium screws sounds incredibly painful.
hey~

i think its bcoz for sliding genio...dr kao cut into the mouth n it must hav cut some kind of nerves so that my chin, lower lip n teeth go numb. i read other ppl's experience done by other drs...they say this as well.
thats y i cant feel anything at all...
b4 the surgery i thought it will hurt for sure...but not at all... :D
2months post-op now...the chin is still recovering from the numbness but the swelling of my chin has already gone after the 1month post-op. the lump that i was talking about in the last reply has disappeared or getting smaller... maybe coz i ate loads of fresh pineapple these 2 weeks...lol was eating those for helping with my digestion ...didnt know it will also work on my nose as well ...quick result.. stll has a bit to deswell..
everything looks fine now...no visible swelling...juz a little around the nasl bone...
now concentrating on the scarring issue...the nose...n the scar under the right breast

ddelusionss

Post by ddelusionss » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 1:37 am

boii18 wrote:*Release of Chuang's botched work*

I am a medical student, and my life has been ruined by Chuang. He does not deserve to be called a doctor.

Since demand has been high to see this botched surgery, I am releasing it to limited extent.

Please bear in mind this is what I requested, but the surgery was failed and did not reach my objectives.

1) Did not want my eyes to be hollow i.e. asked for fat not to be removed.
2) Did not want any elongation of my eyes. Did not want the distance between eyes to be affected or reduced.
3) Wanted a parallel crease.

Chuang was optimistic during consultation and promised all of the above.

The outcome was a failed surgery, maybe he did not receive any plastic surgery training because

1) Eyes are asymmetric. Epi done asymmetrically
2) Epi increased width of eyes about 2- 2.25 mm bilateral.
3) Eyes are hollowed out, making them look haggard.
4) Orbital fats were removed during surgery and shown to me. Size was 20 cent coin, bilateral.
5) Crease is too high at 3-4mm.
6) Epi on right eye is not sharp at all, and looks squarish.
7) scarring present bilaterally on eyelid line.
8) overall result , I look filipono now.
9) crease is parallel-tapered, and will become tapered upon epi reconstruction in korea.
10) As seen, operation was failure.

Doctors have to be academically competent, and a second plus point is to be compassionate.

Chuang is none of them, and is not fit to be a doctor at all. He shouldn't have been admitted to medical school in the first place.

For release of photos, please email to [ PM me for my email ]

Please do not expressly distribute the 6 months post-op photos without prior permission from the Author.
hi there, i wanted to go see chuang or nara, which one do u suggest? mind showing ur photos? [email protected]

WATERSkin

Post by WATERSkin » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 4:32 pm

Message to Blissful09

Sorry I can't pm you(not enough post)

I don't know why but he told me that surgery will be 1230hrs to 1330hrs on 23rd.

But i just change my date with him to 21st. Waiting for his reply.

Millicious

Post by Millicious » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 2:36 pm

Is there anyone going to Dr Kao and staying at Kangning Service Apartment from 8th Sept to about 18 Sept? I will be there during that period and am looking for someone to share the apartment. Please pm me if you're interested or leave me your email in this thread so I can contact you.

belle80

Trip in September

Post by belle80 » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:12 am

Anyone off to Taipei around 16/9 - 16/10?
Currently, we have 2 of us, but the more the merrier. :D

PM me if you are interested or leave me you email

Millicious

Post by Millicious » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 2:06 pm

Hey guys, I know most Taiwan plastic surgeons prefer to receive payment in cash. Normally, do you change your Sing dollars to Taiwan dollar in Singapore? Or do you bring like $10,000 and change at the Taoyuan airport cos I heard that the rate is better there?

belle80

Post by belle80 » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 2:21 pm

Millicious wrote:Hey guys, I know most Taiwan plastic surgeons prefer to receive payment in cash. Normally, do you change your Sing dollars to Taiwan dollar in Singapore? Or do you bring like $10,000 and change at the Taoyuan airport cos I heard that the rate is better there?
That depends on which hospital you are going to. Some do accept part credit card and part cash (eg; Kang Ning H).
I was planning to change it in Taoyuan airport as well. Rang them up last week and found that they do charge a flat NT30 fee to change and read online from others that there is a limit of NT150,000

But you can always change in the city with the larger bank. Just make sure your cash are the most recent notes.

chani

Post by chani » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 4:29 pm

Edited
Last edited by chani on Mon, 11 Oct 2010 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

black&white56

Post by black&white56 » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:35 pm

Anyone here had any other work done by Dr. Kao besides nose? My friend is considering him for eyelid, epi and chin augmentation.

Katie1985

Post by Katie1985 » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 2:57 pm

black&white56 wrote:Anyone here had any other work done by Dr. Kao besides nose? My friend is considering him for eyelid, epi and chin augmentation.

It's seem Dr. Kao don't do eyes surgery anymore. (Correct me if i'm wrong)
I emailed him last time about nose n eyes.
He mentioned he will refer me to another Doc for eyes Dr 陳喬鴻眼科診所
As for chin, I m not sure if he is doing it