Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 1:49 pm

nope..just got the call this morning to inform me that i've cleared medical.

were you from the 26th june walk-in?

mrlouis

Post by mrlouis » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:54 pm

missSHER wrote:nope..just got the call this morning to inform me that i've cleared medical.

were you from the 26th june walk-in?
No I was from the May intake . I have sent email to ask about the delivery of mail and all.. But sadly , there is no response.

wkelye

training date 1/09/2010

Post by wkelye » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 5:46 pm

Batchies from 8 Aug's walk in interview!

Just received a call from Mary to start on the 1st Sept...and that is after I kena 2nd X-ray screening for scoliosis so chin up for those in the same case as me!

anyone starting 1st sept as well?
view from the top

rxgnrxgn

Post by rxgnrxgn » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 6:52 pm

any insiders can provide more on the pay?

website is stating around $3500 with the allowance..

in short like to know the average pay of a stewardess..

hadnot

Post by hadnot » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 8:28 pm

aircastles wrote:@Spiky

hey Spiky! You could have actually emailed her last week haha! but since your ORD is tomorrow, then you could drop her a mail tomorrow to inform her that you've ORDed and your COS is ready for submission. Leave her your contact so she can call you back to arrange an appointment to head down to STC to submit the documents. It is very likely that you'll get your training date there and then too :)

Congratulations! Your life is finally taking off! (all puns intended) haha :D

I'm ORDing on 14 Sept :)
Hey aircastles, what is the maximum holding time before one must start training after passing medical?

yanyan191

Post by yanyan191 » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 9:00 pm

What will they check on during the medical check up? If I've got mild flu, will it affect the test? Thanks (:

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 9:28 pm

@hadnot

hey hadnot! congratulations on passing your medical. I'm not sure how long they would hold your application. As of now, those who have not gotten a call from M aren't really considered "employed" yet or are our applications accepted.

I can tell you how long I've been waiting though :) mm.. about 4.5 months?

hope that helps? :)

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 9:35 pm

@aircastles, u waited for 4.5months to get confirmed by mary?! i wonder wat took her so long!!

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 9:37 pm

@rxgnrxgn. it can go more than that..depends on where you fly to

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 9:41 pm

anyway, just being curious. for ladies who are already going through training, do they teach you to do up your hair and to make up? will there be a hairstylist to decide your 'crew' hairstyle?
im amazed how SIA girls' can do up their own hair so nicely!

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:22 pm

dyeo wrote:anyway, just being curious. for ladies who are already going through training, do they teach you to do up your hair and to make up? will there be a hairstylist to decide your 'crew' hairstyle?
im amazed how SIA girls' can do up their own hair so nicely!
Yes, there's a beautician from Lancome to teach you how to bun your hair and do your makeup. If you join SIA be prepared to CUT YOUR LONG LOCKS, 11 of my batchmates had to cut their hair.
SIA ♥♥

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:08 am

rebeccacious wrote: Yes, there's a beautician from Lancome to teach you how to bun your hair and do your makeup. If you join SIA be prepared to CUT YOUR LONG LOCKS, 11 of my batchmates had to cut their hair.
ouch. so how short are their hair now?

anyway i've always thought there'd be like 1 beautician to 1 girl. lol. any interesting stories/incidents to share? : D

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:11 am

dyeo wrote: ouch. so the 11 of them had to cut their hair short?? i thought it's like a 1 beautician to 1 girl.

any interesting stories/incidents to share? : D
Nope, its one beautician for the whole STC lol. Yup... only a handful of girls can keep their locks, I'm one of them, hehe. Haha... its not really interesting being told to cut your long hair! And you've no choice...
SIA ♥♥

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:23 am

rebeccacious wrote:
Nope, its one beautician for the whole STC lol. Yup... only a handful of girls can keep their locks, I'm one of them, hehe. Haha... its not really interesting being told to cut your long hair! And you've no choice...
lucky you! so how many cans of hairspray do you need for one hairdo? lol. SIA girls' hair are always thick and hard like rock!
Last edited by dyeo on Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:28 am

aircastles wrote:@Spiky

hey Spiky! You could have actually emailed her last week haha! but since your ORD is tomorrow, then you could drop her a mail tomorrow to inform her that you've ORDed and your COS is ready for submission. Leave her your contact so she can call you back to arrange an appointment to head down to STC to submit the documents. It is very likely that you'll get your training date there and then too :)

Congratulations! Your life is finally taking off! (all puns intended) haha :D

I'm ORDing on 14 Sept :)
Hey Aircastles thanks alot for the info!