Singapore Expats

Married a Work Permit Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:42 pm

Write a letter requesting permission to marry giving name, passport number, FIN number and Local prospective spouse' particulars as well. Take to to MOM and ask the reception who you should give it to. Be sure to include your address, email address, phone numbers, etc.

There is no set form or protocol.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

norturnal reverie

Enquiry

Post by norturnal reverie » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:08 am

Hi, I have received the approval letter which sent by the MOM. How many days must I have to get the ROM dates from the MOM.

and in the letter, it stated that "in addition, we have no objection to you/your spouse becoming pregnant or delivering your child in Singapore".. what does it mean? does it means if I'm pregnant now and i can't deliver the child now due to the word of "becoming pregnant"? or mus I have to get the legally cert from the ROM there, and there's no prob for me to deliver the child in Singapore?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Enquiry

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:51 am

norturnal reverie wrote:Hi, I have received the approval letter which sent by the MOM. How many days must I have to get the ROM dates from the MOM.

and in the letter, it stated that "in addition, we have no objection to you/your spouse becoming pregnant or delivering your child in Singapore".. what does it mean? does it means if I'm pregnant now and i can't deliver the child now due to the word of "becoming pregnant"? or mus I have to get the legally cert from the ROM there, and there's no prob for me to deliver the child in Singapore?
If you have this letter, get ROM . The letter is usually valid for a year. From past info. 3 to 6 months to get ROM will be acceptable.
Once you have this letter on hand if you get pregnant and wants to deliver in SG , this is not a problem even if you have not go to ROM
Congratulation on your approval
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:54 am

norturnal reverie wrote:Hi, I have received the approval letter which sent by the MOM. How many days must I have to get the ROM dates from the MOM.

Are you trying to say you are already pregnant??

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:21 am

Why do you think all the urgency! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

norturnal reverie

enquiry

Post by norturnal reverie » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:31 am

yeaa.. i got pregnant. and therefore, im seeking for advice whether is the letter still applicable for me or nt? or am i still breaching the MOM contract?

Saint
Director
Director

Re: enquiry

Post by Saint » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:40 am

norturnal reverie wrote:yeaa.. i got pregnant. and therefore, im seeking for advice whether is the letter still applicable for me or nt? or am i still breaching the MOM contract?
Well obviously you didn't include that particular detail in your request to ROM, if you had the MOM might have refused permission. As you've already got the permission to ROM I would like to even try to recommend what you should do, get ROM as soon as possible and hope when the MOM find out you are pregnant they don't cancel your WP and send you home?

norturnal reverie

Enquiry

Post by norturnal reverie » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:51 am

hmmm. what's the chances they will find out? cox if im giving birth in Singapore.. the birth cert for my child will be issue by ICA.. not the MOM..how? I'm afraid of being deported back to my country since I have been staying here..for almost 15 yrs alr.. and I wld like to get at least a singapore PR after i had delivered.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 1:14 pm

norturnal reverie wrote:hmmm. what's the chances they will find out? cox if im giving birth in Singapore.. the birth cert for my child will be issue by ICA.. not the MOM..how? I'm afraid of being deported back to my country since I have been staying here..for almost 15 yrs alr.. and I wld like to get at least a singapore PR after i had delivered.
Chance of getting find out is when you go for yearly medical check up OR go to see the GP for your pregnancy. Like Saint said get the ROM done ASAP or else is one way street to JB
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 1:30 pm

norturnal reverie wrote:and I wld like to get at least a singapore PR after i had delivered.
Getting a Singapore PR approved is not easy these days.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 2:24 pm

Immaculate conception with a premature delivery? :o

lizarayhan

training pass

Post by lizarayhan » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 1:39 am

grace fifi wrote:hihi,everyone, and i got one more thing which is not quite understanding is by the time i went to collect my work permit trainee pass, the MOM issued me a computer generated letter which is written that
"Dear sir/madam
waiver of requirement to apply for marriage
pleast note that there is no need for you to obtain the approval of the controller of work passes before you can marry a singapore citizen or PR,the relevant work permit condition will hence not apply to you..
yours faithfully
does anyone understand what is the letter for to issue me or what the perpose of MOM for issuing this ? does it mean i cannot marry here with a local??? thanks a lot for the advise...thanks
grace fifi wrote:by the way, forgot to mention that my boyfriend is also a singaporean... and i also very surprised about the singapore LAW,, its really strict and unfathomable..
grace fifi wrote:hihi, im a foreign students here who was holding work permit trainee pass before, because my course is hotel management, attachment is compulsory for every students, so after we completed our course, our school will apply a work permit trainee pass for every foreigner students so that we can be trained and work as a trainee in a hotel industry or a company, and now my attachment is over already, so does a work permit trainee pass holder or a ex--holder can marry to singaporean here? i have known my boyfriend for 4 years, and we're very happy to be together and enjoy our lives here,and my boyfriend planing to marry me in next year, but after reading all the posts here, im start to worry that my future hubby cannot marry me because i was a work permit trainee pass holder,or im not qualify......can anyone give some suggestions for our future? im really worry we will encourter same case as be banned of entering singapore.. im really so worried,,,, thanks for everyone's help
HI GRACE FIFI, can i ask u if u still have that letter u received from mom when collecting your training pass during your attachment. please help if possible u could email me that letter to my email [email protected] by scanning because i am facing the same situation but i think this a misunderstanding from. My husband has went back to his country because mom said he had contravened the marriage policy because i think mom thought he was a normal work permit holder before. he told me he also once received the same letter like you did from mom but unfortunately he threw it away long time even before i knew back in 2007. if i could get that letter i could prove it to mom at least and have my husband back and that now sad things is i am also 6 months pregnant now. thank you
baby are angels

lizarayhan

Post by lizarayhan » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:36 pm

[/b]to grace fifi did u get my mesg to u
baby are angels

anish

plz help

Post by anish » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 1:36 am

hi,
I was holding training pass more then one year before.. After my my training pass again i got student pass and after i complete my diploma i went back to my country.. its already around a year.. My gf is a singaporean and we want to get married and applied for marriage approval, recently it was rejected.. Any idea what i need to do now.. i need to wait to re-appeal?? whn i could re-appeal or re- apply??? Plz, help me.. we both love each other so much.. how can we b together forever??

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 6:49 am

Have her move to your country?