Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
marshmellies

Re: medical

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 3:33 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote: Oh same here...Mine was one of the last batch lolx..U can start immediately? One of the HR lady mention that those who can join immediately will start the training on 1 Sep 2010 aft u clear the medical rds.
i see.. yep i can join immediately.. u as well?

Same here. We could be in the same batch haha

rain_yeo

Post by rain_yeo » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:16 am

Hi all, I'm a guy who already made it to the medical but I also want to ask if the COS plays a lot in the assessing of the candidate. Or is it just to show that you have finished National Service. I have a very impressive CV outside the military but had little chance to excel in there.

Any present stewards able to shed some light on this?

PerRy1007

Post by PerRy1007 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:40 am

slimslee wrote:I made it through the management and kebaya round today!! Whooopppeeeee

My appt is at 8am, reached at 730am then only started the management round at 8plus... Ended it at about 9plus and was to wait for kebaya round. Ended the kebaya round at 10 and certs checking and medical details were given!!!

During management round, it was 6 candidates to 2 interviewers.
3 sections:
1st section)We were supposed to partner to the one beside us and introduce our partners, a little about them and an interesting fact about them.
2nd section)We had to pick one card passage from the table and read it aloud. Pronouncation and articulation is very important for this section.
3rd section)Then a topic was raised and we're supposed to debate on it. We were split into 2 groups-3 person per group and debate!!!

After this management round, we were proceeded for kebaya round. We choose any kebayas we think would fit us and only had 5mins to change into the kebaya. Then we also had to wear the SIA sandals and do a short walk to the interviewer. She will then check your legs, ankle (both inside and outside), your hands (front & back), all fingers and nails, face for any pigmentation spots/pimples/freckles ( a little freckles is ok, as I do have a little) and they also wil check your neck for scars and pimples!!!!

Yikes..one of the gals got booted out at the kebaya round for having very small pimples at the back of her neck ! so sad for her! :(

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
7th Aug 2010 Walk in
8th Aug 2010 Officially SIA crew after final round
Congrats to you but u're only officially SIA crew only when u sign the bond with SIA. u've another round which is the medical checkup too.

lina192

Post by lina192 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:20 am

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if the Diploma in Professional Makeup Artistry by cosmoprof would be eligible for the requirements.
Please help me :D

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:33 pm

@rain_yeo

congratulations on making it to the medical round! :) I'm not crew yet as I'm still waiting for ORD and for M to call but I think I can answer you?

I guess, as long as you get a minimum of "Good" (which you should be able to quite easily) there should not be a problem :)

Put yourself in the shoes of an employer, if you see "Satisfactory" or "Unsatisfactory" in someone's COS, it would affect your decision to employ that person right? but then again, as you've mentioned, you do have an impressive CV outside of the military so don't be shy to share this with them in your application from :) all the best yeah! :)

has anyone gotten training dates in Sept yet?
pleaseee sharee :)

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 3:41 pm

aircastles wrote:@rain_yeo

congratulations on making it to the medical round! :) I'm not crew yet as I'm still waiting for ORD and for M to call but I think I can answer you?

I guess, as long as you get a minimum of "Good" (which you should be able to quite easily) there should not be a problem :)

Put yourself in the shoes of an employer, if you see "Satisfactory" or "Unsatisfactory" in someone's COS, it would affect your decision to employ that person right? but then again, as you've mentioned, you do have an impressive CV outside of the military so don't be shy to share this with them in your application from :) all the best yeah! :)

has anyone gotten training dates in Sept yet?
pleaseee sharee :)
Hey man, my trainer told me that the latest batch is 35. If I'm not wrong should be coming in at the start of September. Don't worry, all those ORD-ing soon will receive call from HR about a week before ORD. ;) Hey aircastles, my friend should be ORD-ing on the same day as you? (perhaps you two will be batchies. Haha!)

cherrymints

Post by cherrymints » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 8:22 pm

congrats @slimslee and @rain_yeo for clearing the rounds and going for medical checkup! :D

I went to try on the 7th Aug too, was scheduled for the final interview on 8th. The management round was successful, however i did not get through the kebaya fitting. :(

It was pretty upsetting as I was told to walk 5 times up and down after donning on the attire, something must have been wrong there. anyone has any idea? :(

Hopefully there will be another upcoming one to try again.

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 9:06 pm

@artsan

yippee! haha yea yea that's what I understood from M as well. :) so nice of her to call me (I was hyperventilating) to explain the procedure to me.

yup yup! I linked up with him a while ago. I told him I finally found someone to share my pain of waiting with. hahaha :lol:

He's ORDing a few days before me but I'd be great if we are batchies! At least, we'd have someone we know since most of the people who went for the May interviews have already started training. :-|

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:51 pm

@cherrymints, arrgh i feel the pain for u that u've to go thru all the nail-biting moments again. esp when u've made it through all the 4 rounds! if i were you, i'd probably get my friends to give opinions about the way i walk, or i'd drop by T3 and see how the SIA cabin crews walk in their uniform.
you're supposed to bring out the elegance of the kebaya. hmmm. or was the kebaya you picked too big/small?

TKWS

Post by TKWS » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:44 am

@cherrymints; although I'm a guy, I can still understand how you feel. Cause I failed my medical and it wasn't easy for me to accept it. Don't worry, you can try again cause you already know you have what it takes as you made it through the management round. Maybe you should ask your friends if they see anything wrong when you walk and try to correct it from there:) Let's not give up and try again:))

mframe
Regular
Regular

Post by mframe » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 1:04 pm

HI peeps, can anyone tell me how to go to the clinic for the medical..im quite lost on roads...

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 4:49 pm

@mframe

it's at Paragon shopping centre @ Orchard...which is next to Lucky Plaza.
Then the Lift Lobby is all the way at the back...on the left...it's called Medical Lift Lobby

It's already packed before the clinic opens in the morning so you might wanna go at 820am...or about 145pm because the clinic closes from 1-2pm for lunch break.

Hope it helps!

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 5:14 pm

congrats to all of you guys who got in! *envious*

12017174crew

Post by 12017174crew » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 5:35 pm

slimslee wrote:@mframe

it's at Paragon shopping centre @ Orchard...which is next to Lucky Plaza.
Then the Lift Lobby is all the way at the back...on the left...it's called Medical Lift Lobby

It's already packed before the clinic opens in the morning so you might wanna go at 820am...or about 145pm because the clinic closes from 1-2pm for lunch break.

Hope it helps!
hey slimslee, hows your medical check?

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 5:42 pm

@12017174crew

overall it was OK..but I had an op like over 10yrs ago so doctor ask me to go find the discharge letter from the hospital...hmm, she also wrote me a memo to get it from the hospital records. I went and paid $80 for it to retrieve it..but they said they need like about 1mth, coz it's a 10yr old case! So long! well, I will be going home to search my whole place...coz by right, my training starts on the 19th Aug!!!