Singapore Expats

How do you like living in the Caribbean at Keppel Bay?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
primata

How do you like living in the Caribbean at Keppel Bay?

Post by primata » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:14 am

It looked great when I was there on a reccy -- how is it living there? What are some good places within walking distance? Many thanks for your thoughts!

Search By

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:40 am

It's ok living here...it will be especially nice for you if you like laying out by the pool and/or swimming lots. You can walk easily to the Harbourfront MRT, and there are dozens of busses that stop right in front of the complex. It's normally very easy to flag a taxi here too. Also an easy 7-10 minute walk is VivoCity, where you'll find a great grocery store (Giant--somewhat like Carrefour in Europe or WalMart in North America) and tons of restaurants and two good food centres. That said, it's not the cheapest place to shop. It's very Western, so if you're looking for a more authentic Singapore experience you'll have to take the bus or MRT a few stops north. You can't really walk to any attractions from here, although if you had a bike you could get to Sentosa beach pretty quickly.

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carolynW » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 8:28 pm

We were in a Service Apartment there about 18 months ago. I found it far to get to Bukit Timah area. But easy to get to vivo city and the amenities there.

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Nath21 » Sun, 18 Jul 2010 7:31 am

I live here and I walk to Mt Faber, Henderson Bridge and Hort Park every day its a 1and 1/2 hour walk round trip, you can easily get to Sentosa by taxi, ride, car or monorail. You have Keppel Bay Marina for a couple of restaurants, bar and cafe, and of course the marina and it has a running track around the area, your close to Harbourfront and Vivo so shopping is easy and varied. There is easy access to bus and MRT as well so everywhere is pretty close and of course it takes about 30 seconds to get a cab in such a high volume traffic area. There is also a 7/11 in the car park.

It also had very good facilities (gym, conference / business room, entertainment rooms (one for hire and one all access with a couple of fuzzball tables), 50m, 2x25m, 4 kid pools wading 2 wading pools, 4 kid playrounds, waterslide, basketball court, 2 tennis courts and about 10 bbq pit areas, $2 bus to city and major buildings, a massive car park (not tight like other condos) about 20 garden plots and the gardens are the best Ive seen in any condo (there is a small army of about 40 gardners).

Generally expats and rich locals living here. Cost is pretty expensive roughly $4-$6k for 2 bdr and $5-$10k for 3br. Good breeze of the water. You want to make sure if you do live here you live closest side to Vivo, you not near the major pool (noise), your not north facing otherwise your apartment will be a sauna and you miss the breeze a bit. Additionally every thursday there is enough agent orange or whatever they use to kill mozzies sprayed to kill everything (only been bitten once here).

People are very friendly and interact a lot although tend to be in different circles as you would expect (large Japanese group, Chinese contingent, Nordic and UK/AUS groups). If you don’t have a car it’s the perfect location. About 10 different school buses come by on school days.

primata

Post by primata » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 4:49 am

thanks for the helpful advice!

Dolph
Regular
Regular

Post by Dolph » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 3:00 pm

I live there too and only have one thing to add to what Nath21 said: living next to the big swimming pool is not noisy. I live there and it has never been an issue. I used to live around the huge fountain, however, and THAT is noisy. To the extent that it really gets on your nerves. If you have children, the Caribbean is excellent. Plenty of space for them to run around in.

And it's very convenient for almost everything. Ten minutes on the MRT and you're at Clarke Quay.