Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
roxysquare88

Post by roxysquare88 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:01 pm

Congrats to those who passed the interview! I can even feel some of your excitement through my computer screen.

However, nothing is official till you sign the black and white.

As for those who didn't make it, please don't give up hope. It doesn't mean that you are no good. It just means that there is 1 element or 2, that can be improved.

It's really about the job fit, and overall appearance.

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:26 am

slimslee wrote:@cythx

Hey, there's no ban! Got a friend who failed at management round today n she asked if there was any ban and they mentioned there isn't! So good luck for the next coming round!! :):)
I guess there's really a crew shortage problem now.. so do keep trying, don't give up :)

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 1:42 am

hey slimslee... I understand your excitement, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not officially an SIA cabin crew until you making it past the medical, 3.5 months training, and the six month probation period... but congrats on making it past the management round nevertheless.. hope things will be smooth sailing for you from now onwards... cheers :D

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:18 am

I made it through the management round Hurray!!!! Now praying hard for Medical to clear :)

marshmellies

medical

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:47 am

hey anyone knows whether the medical examination is paid for by SIA on the spot or we gotta pay first and get a reimbursement if everything goes well?

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:48 am

underdog wrote:hey slimslee... I understand your excitement, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not officially an SIA cabin crew until you making it past the medical, 3.5 months training, and the six month probation period... but congrats on making it past the management round nevertheless.. hope things will be smooth sailing for you from now onwards... cheers :D
i thought its 4 months training and 18 months ?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Re: medical

Post by kindaichi1234 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:48 am

marshmellies wrote:hey anyone knows whether the medical examination is paid for by SIA on the spot or we gotta pay first and get a reimbursement if everything goes well?
It's paid by SIA for the first medical check if they call u up for further check or examination then it will be at your own cost.
Last edited by kindaichi1234 on Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:48 am

underdog wrote:hey slimslee... I understand your excitement, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not officially an SIA cabin crew until you making it past the medical, 3.5 months training, and the six month probation period... but congrats on making it past the management round nevertheless.. hope things will be smooth sailing for you from now onwards... cheers :D
i thought its 4 months training and 18 months ?

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:49 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote:hey anyone knows whether the medical examination is paid for by SIA on the spot or we gotta pay first and get a reimbursement if everything goes well?
It's paid by SIA for the first medical check if they call u up for further check or examination then it will be at your own cost.
thanks! =))

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:50 am

No the training is only 3 months and a few days? Mine is only 3 months and 4 days. :) And yes SIA pays for medical, there's no need to pay.
SIA ♥♥

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:50 am

marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote:
thanks! =))

No problem :D.. U got in too?? U r from which grp? what time u finish the management rd?

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:53 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote: It's paid by SIA for the first medical check if they call u up for further check or examination then it will be at your own cost.
thanks! =))

No problem :D.. U got in too?? U r from which grp? what time u finish the management rd?
=)) yepp grp 101.. finished everything today abt 6.. u?

thanks rebecca =)

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:56 am

marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote: thanks! =))

thanks rebecca =)
Oh same here...Mine was one of the last batch lolx..U can start immediately? One of the HR lady mention that those who can join immediately will start the training on 1 Sep 2010 aft u clear the medical rds.

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:57 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote:

thanks rebecca =)
Oh same here...Mine was one of the last batch lolx..U can start immediately? One of the HR lady mention that those who can join immediately will start the training on 1 Sep 2010 aft u clear the medical rds.
i see.. yep i can join immediately.. u as well?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 2:59 am

marshmellies wrote:
kindaichi1234 wrote:
marshmellies wrote: =)) yepp grp 101.. finished everything today abt 6.. u?

thanks rebecca =)
i see.. yep i can join immediately.. u as well?

Same here. We could be in the same batch haha