Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Hi

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 6:15 am

Anyone from group 60 today?
Last edited by summerboy02 on Sun, 08 Aug 2010 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 6:20 am

rxgnrxgn wrote:
summerboy02 wrote:The passing rate for round 1 is very good.Average of 8 out of 10 will pass round 1 from what I have seen.

8 from my group proceeded to the next round.I'm one of the unfortunate two to be booted out of this round.

Other candiates are certain that I will proceed on to round 2 given my composed presentation.

Application forms are returned to all candidates who failed round 1.When I saw my application form,the Admin girl/interviewers had circled my "age".

Yes,I'm in my big 3,I'm 30 years old this year to be exact but I look like in my twenties.I felt discriminated due to the fact that they circled my age in the form and they could have done it discreetly.I think they must have booted me out because I'm 30 years old.

I must admit age is catching up.Should I give up this F%*@ dream of mine? OR try another time to reaffirm that candidates who are over the age of 30 stand NO CHANCE at all?
what is your gender?

Im a male who is 30 years old this year.My friend who is 29 this year managed to get through to the management round tomorrow.

How about you?Are you of the same gender and age as me?

of the 8 who passed the first round,5 FAILED the grooming/skin check round and 2 did not pass the 1-1 interview.Therefore,my friend is the only survivor who make it to the management round.

rxgnrxgn

Post by rxgnrxgn » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 9:08 am

your group in ten where 8 made it to the next round are all guys?

im male, 26 this year.. graduating private dip next jan, but getting cert only next june..

i will go and try once i graduate..

hence im thinking should i try after next jan onwards or next june onwards..

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:49 am

Now I'm waiting for time to pass. My final round is at 1.20pm... Who got the same slot with me?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 3:44 pm

rxgnrxgn wrote:your group in ten where 8 made it to the next round are all guys?

im male, 26 this year.. graduating private dip next jan, but getting cert only next june..

i will go and try once i graduate..

hence im thinking should i try after next jan onwards or next june onwards..
the 8 who made it to round 2 consisted of 5 girls and 3 guys.

4 girls and 1 guy failed the grooming/skin check round.

left with 1 girl and 2 guys proceeding to 1-1 interview and at the end of it,only my guy friend made it to the Management round.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 3:46 pm

my guy friend failed his management round today.Technically speaking,none of my group made it to the end.

How is the passing rate for the management round today?

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 4:12 pm

I made it through the management and kebaya round today!! Whooopppeeeee

My appt is at 8am, reached at 730am then only started the management round at 8plus... Ended it at about 9plus and was to wait for kebaya round. Ended the kebaya round at 10 and certs checking and medical details were given!!!

During management round, it was 6 candidates to 2 interviewers.
3 sections:
1st section)We were supposed to partner to the one beside us and introduce our partners, a little about them and an interesting fact about them.
2nd section)We had to pick one card passage from the table and read it aloud. Pronouncation and articulation is very important for this section.
3rd section)Then a topic was raised and we're supposed to debate on it. We were split into 2 groups-3 person per group and debate!!!

After this management round, we were proceeded for kebaya round. We choose any kebayas we think would fit us and only had 5mins to change into the kebaya. Then we also had to wear the SIA sandals and do a short walk to the interviewer. She will then check your legs, ankle (both inside and outside), your hands (front & back), all fingers and nails, face for any pigmentation spots/pimples/freckles ( a little freckles is ok, as I do have a little) and they also wil check your neck for scars and pimples!!!!

Yikes..one of the gals got booted out at the kebaya round for having very small pimples at the back of her neck ! so sad for her! :(

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
7th Aug 2010 Walk in
8th Aug 2010 Officially SIA crew after final round

hamham

Post by hamham » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 4:13 pm

congrats slimslee :)

namron02

Post by namron02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 6:45 pm

Congrats Slimslee! What was the topic for the debate? And what do you think is important for the debate? Be very strong opiniated or humble opinions? I failed the management round in January.

mframe
Regular
Regular

Post by mframe » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 7:37 pm

so u going to clear ur medical?

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 8:05 pm

@namron02
the topic for my debate was what do we think about SIA crew smoking in their uniforms in public...Hmm,I think the thing impt at the debate is actually ur opinions and how u actually speak up and present them. Being humble is of cos good (better than arrogant right? hee) and I would say teamwork too....

What kind of management were u asked in Jan? So did u went for the walk-in yesterday? =)

@mframe
yes I need to do my medical on tis coming ues or wed and that is definitely no problem. I have always been fit! :)

:wink: a chance to touch the stars,moon,sky :wink:

namron02

Post by namron02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 8:23 pm

@slimslee: Thanks for the response. Yea, I figured it'd be better humble than arrogant which I believe what I was. I don't mind being rejected as long as I know why so I could improve myself, even for other jobs interview but that's not what it is. Gotta suck it up.  =)

My topic was on pregnant stewardess. I can't remember exactly but it was roughly about allowing stewardess to come back to work after giving birth. So it was on the weight issue and leaving their children for work. My team was for it - allowing them to go back to work. I'm a guy and not sure of the state of a woman who's just given birth and how long it'd take for one to lose their weight so I gave Heidi Klum as example. Also some other points.

I didn't go to any recruitments after that since. But will definitely go the next time. I'm currently working and plan to upgrade myself, not entirely for the interview but for myself too. Learning mandarin and learn how to swim. Hehe. 

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 9:32 pm

Did they mention any band period for those who fail on the management round?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

namron02

Post by namron02 » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:38 pm

@cythx: They didn't say anything about the ban to me. She only thanked me. But I've heard from a number of people who said there's a 6 month ban imposed to those who failed the management round. But I've also heard of those who went for the interview again after failing less than 6 months and it's okay. Not really sure about it.

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:56 pm

@cythx

Hey, there's no ban! Got a friend who failed at management round today n she asked if there was any ban and they mentioned there isn't! So good luck for the next coming round!! :):)